Karlos Williams update

YoloinOhio

Sounds like there is a good chance that we go into this game with Boom and Boobie

I really dont hate Herron..........they need to use him more then they did last week if they want him to be effective.

I just hope they dont rush him back out of need......another concussion would be BAD.....at a position where hits to the head are common.

Sounded to me like he has a good chance to be cleared after listening to Whaley this morning.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like there is a good chance that we go into this game with Boom and Boobie

I really dont hate Herron..........they need to use him more then they did last week if they want him to be effective.

I just hope they dont rush him back out of need......another concussion would be BAD.....at a position where hits to the head are common.

"As for Williams, Ryan said the rookie was still taking part in the NFL's concussion protocol. However, Ryan indicated Williams is expected to be cleared after saying the Bills had no plans to add a running back; Cierre Wood went on season-ending injured reserve Monday."

So no "news" but they are speculating like we are. I am hopeful too.

Just read that the kid had concussion problems in college, and this recent concussion is more serious then they first thought.

What happens is after suffering a concussion you become more susceptible to getting them, and the more you get the more chance of a long term problem.

Lets hope for the best for Karlos going forward.

Scary stuff. Careers are ended and lives ruined by concussions.

Wishing him well.

Especially so with his running style. I don't know that Thurman Thomas ever suffered a concussion. He was so protective and aware of his surroundings. Karlos? Not so much..

he had one concussion at FSU and missed one game. I was wondering where he saw that it was "worse than originally thought." Whaley indicated the opposite, they received no news to the negative.

depends what you define originally as -- they let him finish the game, originally not even knowing he had one.

Just read that the kid had concussion problems in college, and this recent concussion is more serious then they first thought.

What happens is after suffering a concussion you become more susceptible to getting them, and the more you get the more chance of a long term problem.

Lets hope for the best for Karlos going forward.

Ok, so about five people have asked where you read this...any response?

I don't know that Thurman Thomas ever suffered a concussion

i'm sure he has. why do you think he couldn't find his helmet :lol:

but seriously, back in the day nobody cared about concussions. i got knocked out cold playing HS football and i didn't even miss a play. i just didn't know where i was for a few plays. it was known as "getting your bell rung" and you would just stay out there. i remember reading a story about how Eric Moulds suffered a concussion and when he came back down to earth he noticed the Bills had scored and he asked "who scored?" and everyone was like uhhh you did! taking concussions seriously is definitely a new thing and for good reason. just wait until that Will Smith movie comes out next month. the NFL is going to have some bad publicity and they want to show that they are taking the appropriate steps to minimize this issue

we miss Fred. fingers crossed that Karlos can play but he's not a feature back. he's a change of pace guy. have i mentioned that i'm not a fan of our RB depth? :lol:

Well 31 other teams, several of whom are also desperate for RB talent have passed on Brown for the last four weeks.

Also, was Fred willing to play at a 75% pay cut? No? Well okay then.

I am sure he has had a concussion. Whether he was diagnosed as having one is the question...

The 10-7 win over Denver in the AFC championship game in 1991 season is a possibility. Dennis Smith and Steve Atwater put on one of the most vicious assaults I've ever seen in a game. Thurman got the crap beat out of him!

we miss Fred. fingers crossed that Karlos can play but he's not a feature back. he's a change of pace guy. have i mentioned that i'm not a fan of our RB depth? :lol:

Splitting the reps between Boobie, Herron and Wood ruined any chance of a run game on Sunday. Herron looked to me to be the most effective and he has a history going back to when he was with Indy of being able to throw up some decent numbers. I say give him the ball most often and put Boobie back on the bench where he belongs. Unless of course Karlos can play.

he had one concussion at FSU and missed one game. I was wondering where he saw that it was "worse than originally thought." Whaley indicated the opposite, they received no news to the negative.

The phantom Schefter quote. But I never actually saw Shefter say that (although he could have said it on an on air interview).

I hope he plays this Sunday.

I mean missing 2 weeks for a concussion would be awful

CBF

You do know a concussion is a brain injury, right? He also has a history of concussions. Schefter said on NFL live that his concussion was more serious than originally thought, and that he's had previous concussions. I don't have a link cause it came from his mouth on TV. Edited by cantankerous

i'm sure he has. why do you think he couldn't find his helmet :lol:

but seriously, back in the day nobody cared about concussions. i got knocked out cold playing HS football and i didn't even miss a play. i just didn't know where i was for a few plays. it was known as "getting your bell rung" and you would just stay out there. i remember reading a story about how Eric Moulds suffered a concussion and when he came back down to earth he noticed the Bills had scored and he asked "who scored?" and everyone was like uhhh you did! taking concussions seriously is definitely a new thing and for good reason. just wait until that Will Smith movie comes out next month. the NFL is going to have some bad publicity and they want to show that they are taking the appropriate steps to minimize this issue

I remember at least 4 times during my HS/college lacrosse career being knocked completely unconscious on the playing field (graduated HS in '97). Never once did I miss playing time as a result. Just got up and shook it off. Scary.

Today I coach HS lacrosse, and every coach has to go through extensive concussion protocol training. If one of my players takes a good hit, there is a pretty good chance I lose him for the game...often at least one more. There is soooo much more awareness today.

You do know a concussion is a brain injury, right? He also has a history of concussions. Schefter said on NFL live that his concussion was more serious than originally thought, and that he's had previous concussions. I don't have a link cause it came from his mouth on TV.

I'm seeing one other concussion in college.