Tyrod Taylor: straight up baller and team mvp today

Just say it already ej superfan.

When I say it, you can give me crap for it. Until then .........

FTR .... did I call you out as being one of the TT Super fans?

overly optimistic, fooled by the early season high scoring games?

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Dick LeBeau deserves a game ball. His D vacated the middle at the end of the game. It looked like the wheat fields of Kansas there in the fourth quarter. Very stupid in not accounting for TT's wheels. So glad he was able to take advantage of that and showed his spontaneity and improvisational running.

One thing about TT's play today. he made zero stupid mistakes.

the starters dating back at least a long time rarely could pull off a turnaround like that.

he seems too thrive in the 4 th quarter when the stakes are high.

Taylor played well in the 4th quarter, no question. That was a Taylor-made win.

I need the all 22 to see for sure but he had at least one pass that a Titan is hitting the Juggs machine all week, thinking he should have caught. That was better-hands-on-it away from a stupid mistake.

I think Dick LeBeau deserves a game ball. His D vacated the middle at the end of the game. It looked like the wheat fields of Kansas there in the fourth quarter. Very stupid in not accounting for TT's wheels. So glad he was able to take advantage of that and showed his spontaneity and improvisational running.

I'm sure they didn't think a spy was necessary as it was 3rd and 25 and the secondary would easily be able to move up and make a play. I don't think they accounted for how fast TT is though.

I think that poor offensive line play and mediocre play calling led to the crap product the first 40 minutes of football. I am impressed that as poorly as both side looked in the first half, that it remained well within reach at 3-0... Hope they open the playbook up a little more and don't play so conservative

I'm sure they didn't think a spy was necessary as it was 3rd and 25 and the secondary would easily be able to move up and make a play. I don't think they accounted for how fast TT is though.

They sure did not.

I think that poor offensive line play and mediocre play calling led to the crap product the first 40 minutes of football. I am impressed that as poorly as both side looked in the first half, that it remained well within reach at 3-0... Hope they open the playbook up a little more and don't play so conservative

I think we need our first string RB and WR to do that effectively. Hell, we don't even have our 2nd string RB playing.

A franchise QB can throw the ball, teams are figuring him out and he is a great scrambler but Franchise QB he is not.

7th in passer rating

13th in total qbr

playing without his #1 wr & #1 rb

not sure why your throwing shade his way. he is already playing like a franchise qb and will continue to get better.

The first half was on the entire offense, not just Tyrod. The line played very poorly, the sacks from what i can tell were right the top of his drop with very little room if any to step up.

Percy had a drop, and clay didnt get his feet in (at least it didn't count). Percy also had a non-call interference/holding on a 3rd down. The near INT where woods and harving were on top of each other at the end of the play. That's a few first downs right there that were taken away by poor execution on his receivers.

I'd also like to see that same percy slant with Sammy, because i get a feeling he either catches it or the PI gets called.

I also get the feeling Sammy will be a major piece of the offense going forward, the team seems stuck in the mud without him.

Keep beating that drum......everyone is laughing at you

Speak for yourself. I agree with him. Tyrod made 4 good plays. Lots of bad decisions and bad throws. We can make excuses for him all day long, but the truth is, he is very limited. The Bills are lucky to escape with that win. It was nice to see Tyrod make the plays necessary to win the game but that type of performance overall is not going to win many games.

7th in passer rating

13th in total qbr

not sure why your throwing shade his way. he is already playing like a franchise qb and will continue to get better.

Not to be picky, but OR #2 RB. But he did have a guy who just showed up afew days ago.....the fact that he was available a few days ago says a little something (though that was partly a matter of circumstance).

The first half was on the entire offense, not just Tyrod. The line played very poorly, the sacks from what i can tell were right the top of his drop with very little room if any to step up.

Percy had a drop, and clay didnt get his feet in (at least it didn't count). Percy also had a non-call interference/holding on a 3rd down. The near INT where woods and harving were on top of each other at the end of the play. That's a few first downs right there that were taken away by poor execution on his receivers.

I'd also like to see that same percy slant with Sammy, because i get a feeling he either catches it or the PI gets called.

I also get the feeling Sammy will be a major piece of the offense going forward, the team seems stuck in the mud without him.

Harvin had a drop? If we're talking about the same pass, Taylor missed him BADLY. And "Clay didn't get his feet in" = Taylor delivering the ball late and out of bounds. You guys are working pretty hard to make excuses for Taylor. It wasn't all him but he was awful for most of the game. Hell, his TD throw to Hogan was terrible. Hogan made a tremendous play. So my MVP is Hogan.

No, he didn't. He was the anchor around this offense that, once again, did not cross the 50 yard line until late in the game, and continued their habit of 3 and outs. He, once again, couldn't get past his first read; and was made ineffective by being forced to his left. He, once again, ran himself into multiple sacks. He put us in position to lose this game.

He was bailed out by an absolutely superlative defensive performance which held the Titans to 13 points at home.

He made 4 absolutely incredible individual plays, which I will not take away from him; but that was the extent of it.

You cannot trade 52 minutes of horrible for 4 great plays late in the game and expect to win in the NFL.

If he keeps this up, we're in for a very long year.

Tyrod is what he is: an exciting QB that keeps you on the edge of your seat. He makes enough big plays that he keeps you wondering, but his game is very limited, and it's beginning to show. He has no pocket presence. He's a run first, one read and go guy. He's inaccurate.

The D was stout, I give them mad props for endurance. I can not call it a "superlative performance" because while we did have 3 consecutive O 3-and-outs in the 1st half before a single 1st down, they let the Titans convert again and again on 3rd and long. They caught fire and stiffened after Tyrod's 4th Q heroics and that won us the game. I give them mad props for that too. But sorry, when you let the other team march down the field and convert 3-8, 3-9, 3-11, 1-20, 1-25, falls a little bit short of superlative dontcha think?

Likewise, to say Tyrod played horribly except for 4 "incredible" plays late in the game is biased at best. For starters, I'm not sure which 4 plays you're talking about? His 4 runs in the 4th? The pass he caught? The rope to Hogan right after the horse collar? The TD pass to Hogan? Just there would be at least 6, and then there were some nice passes to Goodwin and Dixon. The man had 14 completions I believe, if you consider the passes that were negated by penalty. Were those completions all horrible?

This was Taylor's worst game as a passer so far, 59% completions. Absolutely he missed some throws he should have had, and when the all-22 comes out I'll undoubtedly see some open guys he missed. Absolutely he moved himself into a couple of sacks. But to put the offense's impotent 1st 3Q all on Taylor's "horrible" play IMO misses the point in a couple of ways:

1. Our QB was supposed to be the "game manager" of a "ground and pound" offense, at least that's how I saw it billed pre-season. Mmmm, about that. Leaving Taylor out of it, I count 20 rushing attempts. At least 9 of those gained <2 yds. Is that all on Taylor's "horrible" play, or is some of that on the OL at times and the RB (missing holes) at times?

2. If anyone was expecting Taylor to "anchor" the franchise's offense at this point (including Roman and Ryan), they need to reassess. This is the 5th game he's started. Does anyone seriously think there's no difference between watching it on film, and seeing it unfold live? Yes, he'll have a learning curve. And he needs a little more help from someone (RBs, OL, playcalling) to help him over it.

TT did not have a great game at all. But big time players make big time plays. They make TDs when you need them. The Bills OL was awful. The running game was non existent. There isn't a team in the league that can really withstand their first two RBs out and have a good run game.

There probably is such a team, KtD. But it's not ours. Two kind of teams:

1) teams that run because the opponent fears the pass. Those teams have QBs named Brady Brees and Rodgers, and pretty much, yeah, they can lose their top 2 RBs and keep truckin'

2) teams that run to set up the pass. That's what we're supposed to be - a team with top talent at RB and designed to "impose our will" with the run so that we can have some success passing.

And yeah, teams of the 2nd kind will see the run game fall off a cliff if the RB talent declines.

7th in passer rating

13th in total qbr

It's his stellar line that is helping him succeed.

Harvin had a drop? If we're talking about the same pass, Taylor missed him BADLY. And "Clay didn't get his feet in" = Taylor delivering the ball late and out of bounds. You guys are working pretty hard to make excuses for Taylor. It wasn't all him but he was awful for most of the game. Hell, his TD throw to Hogan was terrible. Hogan made a tremendous play. So my MVP is Hogan.

Taylor didn't have a great game but played with confidence despite playing bad (like a good QB will do), had zero turnovers, and while his TD pass to Hogan was bad, the long pass to Hogan was perfect.

Hard not to like a guy who pulls it together on the road for a win. Most of the 2001-2014 Bills teams would have given up in the 4th quarter and almost all of the QBs would have ended the game with a pick. TT did not and they won.

There's no one on the roster who could do better. Enjoy the ride.

You're so desperate for Tyrod to be "The Guy" that you aren't being objective.

You're looking at those 4 great plays, and using them to white wash the rest of his, rapidly becoming consistently, terrible performance.

If not for a great route adjustment by Hogan on the long pass setting up the TD, we'd have lost this game 13-7.

Was it that one play that makes us "not know our ass from a football"? Or was there something else outside of his 4 (count them: 4) nice plays that does it?

I'll wait. You go ahead and get on with your bad self anointing him the next Jim Kelly.

If we're talking "not objective", wouldn't you have to qualify yourself and talk about being your being "desperate" for Taylor to be "horrible"?

Watch other games closely. Annointed "great" and "good" QB are helped by route adjustments and diving and leaping catches all the time. In fact, on successful long passes, it happens more often than not. A good to great NFL-quality WR helps his QB by doing this. (then there's Dalton and AJ Green, but that's another story) It doesn't make the QB "horrible" or disqualify the passing play from being a genuine contribution to winning the game, to most people anyway. Nor does missing some passes and plays that should have been there disqualify every completion a QB does make as "horrible".

That said, I thought the long pass to Hogan was a rope, and Hogan's TD reception was off-target and saved by a damn good WR I'm glad we have on the team.

I don't think your insistence that whatever 4 plays you're cherry-picking (the runs? the pass reception from Hogan? the Hogan TD pass? I'm really unclear) were the only plays that weren't "horrible" by Taylor impresses most with your logic, nor does tossing in the "straw man" about "the next Jim Kelly" No one has attempted to argue that Taylor = Kelly.

In a nutshell, he had a break from reality and said it wasn't a horse-collar.

Maybe he was having a flashback to getting called for a horse-collar himself in his ST days? I dunno, but that is a break from reality indeed.

It was a horse-collar, and borderline "unnecessary roughness" as well IMO.

Edited by Hopeful

It's his stellar line that is helping him succeed.

Taylor didn't have a great game but played with confidence despite playing bad (like a good QB will do), had zero turnovers, and while his TD pass to Hogan was bad, the long pass to Hogan was perfect.

Hard not to like a guy who pulls it together on the road for a win. Most of the 2001-2014 Bills teams would have given up in the 4th quarter and almost all of the QBs would have ended the game with a pick. TT did not and they won.

There's no one on the roster who could do better. Enjoy the ride.

I'm not bashing Taylor. He pulled out a victory. Just saying he didn't perform well for most of the game and I don't think he will survive long running the way he needed to today.

And don't exaggerate too much. Look back at EJ's comeback games, most specifically the Carolina game. Tyrod still hasn't distanced himself just yet. One lucky win does not make him a hero. Hopefully he continues to grow. True judgement won't be able to be made until later in the season after we get some playmakers back and develop some chemistry across the entire offense.

GO BILLS. The week is HUGE. We desperately need a win at home against Cincy.