Rapid Reaction - 10 Observations About Today's Game

10) The Bills had no business winning this game. They were outplayed through 3 1/2 quarters and had almost zero offensive output, but they found a way to win.

Many fans won't allow themselves to find any joy in this win, but at the end of the day it's a "W" and it's also a conference win.

Good teams find ways to win on bad days - The Bills did that today.

9) Chris Hogan came up big on the game-winning drive. He caught a huge bomb, nearly threw for the TD (wow, Greg Roman) and made a nice catch on a low throw for the TD.

7-11 was open when it mattered most today.

8) The defense won the game today and they should all get game balls. They did a great job of limiting Mariota and finally got some real pressure from the front four.

Cold weather football is on the horizon, it's comforting to see the Cold Front showing up on radar.

7) The plan was to run the ball, use short, controlled passes to move the sticks while protecting a young QB with limited NFL starts and play stout defense. It almost worked perfectly - for the Titans.

The Bills had a similar game plan, but they again sleepwalked through the first half where they didn't even cross midfield. You won't win many games in the NFL playing 30 minutues of offense or less.

6) Denarius Moore we hardly knew ya. The recently signed WR and PR took back his first kick and immediately put the ball on the astroturf. That's not the way to lock down one of only 32 punt return positions in all of the league.

Let's hope that Marcus Thigpen didn't sublet his apartment yet.

5) Boom went bust, Boobie didn't flash and Cierre failed to give anyone Wood. The Bills need Shady and Karlos to get well soon.

4) Tyrod finally let loose and ran the ball today and the results were stunning. His run on both the first TD play and the long 3rd down play on the final scoring drives were things of beauty. He was the Bills best runner today and that may be true even when the starting and backup RBs return.

Especially until Watkins can come back healthy and revive the passing game, the call from the Bills sideline should be a Jenny-inspired, "Run, Tyrod, Run!"

3) The Bills should fair catch every punt. Seriously. They must be the most penalized team in the NFL on punt returns. They start so many drives backed up to their goal line and it's a real momentum killer.

2) The Bills should also award a game ball to Titans Head Coach Ken Whisenhunt. The Tennesee head man was so conservative today Fox News offered him a news anchor seat.

Kicking a field goal with a very short 4th down, punting on another 4th and short with just a few minutes left in the game and only 1 time-out left?

That's the type of ultra-safe coaching that gets a team beat and it certainly did today.

1) The bottom line is that the Bills improved to 3-2, picked up another conference win and now have a critical showdown with the Bengals at the Ralph next Sunday.

Nobody calling the Whiner Line will enjoy this one, but you should. Ugly wins count just the same in the standings and today's was a double-bagger that still tastes far sweeter than a loss surely would have.

As long as they stop fair catching within the 10, sure. Our coverage units have been dreadful.

Tyrod is playing too heady early and when they let him loose, he can singlehandedly win the game for us. Much like Colton Schmidt singlehandedly bailed out our lousy offense by booming those punts! Lol.

As long as they stop fair catching within the 10, sure. Our coverage units have been dreadful.

One was actually caught at the 10, without a fair catch, and without much running room. Inexcusable, IMO.

Tennessee had an extra week to get ready for this game. Dick LeBeau designed a great game plan.

Their players had an extra week of rest to prepare for this game.

3 of our last 4 games were against teams that had extra time to prepare. We lost 2 of those, and nearly lost today.

This is total BS.

10) The Bills had no business winning this game. They were outplayed through 3 1/2 quarters and had almost zero offensive output, but they found a way to win.

Many fans won't allow themselves to find any joy in this win, but at the end of the day it's a "W" and it's also a conference win.

Good teams find ways to win on bad days - The Bills did that today.

9) Chris Hogan came up big on the game-winning drive. He caught a huge bomb, nearly threw for the TD (wow, Greg Roman) and made a nice catch on a low throw for the TD.

7-11 was open when it mattered most today.

8) The defense won the game today and they should all get game balls. They did a great job of limiting Mariota and finally got some real pressure from the front four.

Cold weather football is on the horizon, it's comforting to see the Cold Front showing up on radar.

7) The plan was to run the ball, use short, controlled passes to move the sticks while protecting a young QB with limited NFL starts and play stout defense. It almost worked perfectly - for the Titans.

The Bills had a similar game plan, but they again sleepwalked through the first half where they didn't even cross midfield. You won't win many games in the NFL playing 30 minutues of offense or less.

6) Denarius Moore we hardly knew ya. The recently signed WR and PR took back his first kick and immediately put the ball on the astroturf. That's not the way to lock down one of only 32 punt return positions in all of the league.

Let's hope that Marcus Thigpen didn't sublet his apartment yet.

5) Boom went bust, Boobie didn't flash and Cierre failed to give anyone Wood. The Bills need Shady and Karlos to get well soon.

4) Tyrod finally let loose and ran the ball today and the results were stunning. His run on both the first TD play and the long 3rd down play on the final scoring drives were things of beauty. He was the Bills best runner today and that may be true even when the starting and backup RBs return.

Especially until Watkins can come back healthy and revive the passing game, the call from the Bills sideline should be a Jenny-inspired, "Run, Tyrod, Run!"

3) The Bills should fair catch every punt. Seriously. They must be the most penalized team in the NFL on punt returns. They start so many drives backed up to their goal line and it's a real momentum killer.

2) The Bills should also award a game ball to Titans Head Coach Ken Whisenhunt. The Tennesee head man was so conservative today Fox News offered him a news anchor seat.

Kicking a field goal with a very short 4th down, punting on another 4th and short with just a few minutes left in the game and only 1 time-out left?

That's the type of ultra-safe coaching that gets a team beat and it certainly did today.

1) The bottom line is that the Bills improved to 3-2, picked up another conference win and now have a critical showdown with the Bengals at the Ralph next Sunday.

Nobody calling the Whiner Line will enjoy this one, but you should. Ugly wins count just the same in the standings and today's was a double-bagger that still tastes far sweeter than a loss surely would have.

While I generally agree, l think the D did come through and did deserve to win. Some missed tackles sure, and not much pass rush, but were on the field a very long time early in the game and kept us in it at the half.

While I generally agree, l think the D did come through and did deserve to win. Some missed tackles sure, and not much pass rush, but were on the field a very long time early in the game and kept us in it at the half.

In the red zone, the D was very good. But they did give up way too many yards between the 20s,

good observations

nothing on the coaching (note that Roman playcall almost took out Taylor for the season with that hit to teh knee) - I think the coaching for this team is suspect

would love to hear counter observation and why

Ya think? Two games in the row they looked like they had no preparation for the game deep into the second half. The only game they looked well coached was the opener.

good observations

nothing on the coaching (note that Roman playcall almost took out Taylor for the season with that hit to teh knee) - I think the coaching for this team is suspect

For some reason with missing key players. Roman's gameplan only used Clay once for seven yards. Did Harvin even get targeted?

Romans game planning for a couple of games is suspect. I guess no more silliness of him getting poached for A HC gig next season. if so. adios. Even with the weapons he had available today he was underwhelming getting his biggest threats involved. Not too mention the o-line will more than likely stink it up especially from the center to the right tackle for the rest of the season. i guess Whaley will be shopping for a running back this week again. IMO the boobster is a underwhelming back.

How there weren't more screens and designed plays to get the ball in their hands instead of running today surprised me

Too many plays that involved TT standing back and looking all over for a receiver to come open. Why not a quick read in the flats? It works for Brady and Eli (and just about every other team in the league), but for some reason the Bills can't make it work. Why not?

good observations

I think that its dangerous to confuse poor play calling and poor coaching. They are definitely not the same, and I don't think play calling is the most important part of a coaches job. I think I've heard Rex confirm that play calling is not his strong suite.

I do think we have very good coaches, lots of good coaches, in this respect I feel very confident that we are above average.

I think it's foolish to be too critical of the play calling when you don't know what the game plan is. You have to give your preparation a chance. If you're not executing well how much does it matter if you're running or passing? If for instance we're consistently loosing certain match ups it could be very dangerous to pass before we've made those adjustments. Sometimes you can take certain liberties when you have a great D, we have proven we can be a 4th quarter team.