The Million Dollar Question

The Big Cat

What's wrong with Bryce Brown?

Is he a raging !@#$? We're led to believe he's not a dummy. Is he a head case? Impossible to get a long with>

Because he's a MUCH better tailback than A LOT of guys with jobs right now.

You mean to tell me Cleveland, Tennessee, Dallas, Miami, Detroit, Baltimore, New Orleans, NYG...NONE of these teams could benefit from having the guy on their rosters?

What's wrong with Bryce Brown?

Is he a raging !@#$? We're led to believe he's not a dummy. Is he a head case? Impossible to get a long with>

Because he's a MUCH better tailback than A LOT of guys with jobs right now.

You mean to tell me Cleveland, Tennessee, Dallas, Miami, Detroit, Baltimore, New Orleans, NYG...NONE of these teams could benefit from having the guy on their rosters?

Wouldn't be a bad idea to bring Brown back if the Bills decide to sit LM for a couple weeks...

Fumbles? He got lamb basted here pretty badly. Rex didn't do him any favors either.

That has to be it.

No idea...he's certainly not a jerk; I've met him. Really nice guy.

Then it has to be fumbles...right??

Wouldn't be a bad idea to bring Brown back if the Bills decide to sit LM for a couple weeks...

Can't argue that. Who do you cut to make room?

It's possible that for some reason Brown is just not a special teams guy and that was heavily factored into the release, and perhaps why other teams are staying away. I tend to think you want the last back on the depth chart to be a flexible utility piece on the roster.

I will say this though...unless Boobie Dixon proves to be an asset in short yardage situations soon, I think we didn't keep the right 3rd back.

It's possible that for some reason Brown is just not a special teams guy and that was heavily factored into the release, and perhaps why other teams are staying away. I tend to think you want the last back on the depth chart to be a flexible utility piece on the roster.

I will say this though...unless Boobie Dixon proves to be an asset in short yardage situations soon, I think we didn't keep the right 3rd back.

I think they must really like Boobie in the locker room. I'll admit, I don't watch him closely enough on special teams to say if he's great, good, decent, or below average, but I don't see the big Easley type plays out of him on that front.

Running the ball, I don't think he is useful at all. Man he looks slow. With Karlos back there, what's the point? It would be nice to have Bryce sitting back there, as you said, to complement any absence of McCoy. If Shady does sit this week, Boobie will definitely get a few additional touches to relieve Karlos. We'll see what happens, and wouldn't be surprised if we're hearing more buzz about this then.

That has to be it.

Then it has to be fumbles...right??

Can't argue that. Who do you cut to make room?

I have always thought Brown had some upside. I thought he looked good last year. I would of kept him over Dixon.

Boobie excels on special teams, which is a good reason to keep him around. He's also not that bad a runner, but it's also not the main reason he's around.

I think Bryce's fumble issues are a concern, but not enough for me to say that we should bring him in while Shady is sidelined.

I have always thought Brown had some upside. I thought he looked good last year. I would of kept him over Dixon.

I agree! I've always thought he looks GREAT running the ball. Smooth, explosive, great vision, finds the hole effectively, gets himself into space...you know...the OPPOSITE of everything that happens whenever Boobie touches the ball.

He's had 5 fumbles in 226 attempts, and 4 of them were in his first year. So, i think the fumble issue has been overstated, but his 1 fumble as a Bill certainly sucked...

agreed - my only other thing to contribute is that as a depth back, hes not a special teamer, which might hurt his value.... but i was really surprised no one claimed him on waivers.