The Million Dollar Question

The Big Cat

Great question.

It has to be a combination of the fumbles + no special teams + no pass blocking.

Ricojes has already shown the fumbling issue is overstated. People think he fumbles a lot because his fumble last year was just plain inexcusable & so big.

It's possible that for some reason Brown is just not a special teams guy and that was heavily factored into the release, and perhaps why other teams are staying away. I tend to think you want the last back on the depth chart to be a flexible utility piece on the roster.

I will say this though...unless Boobie Dixon proves to be an asset in short yardage situations soon, I think we didn't keep the right 3rd back.

Such as the TD from week 1?

@ProFootballTalk: Former Bills RB Bryce Brown worked out for the Jets, per source.

I hope he has his passport ready to go to England.

I think his pass blocking is reason why he is not getting many calls.

you would notice the difference if they booted fluellen or ikard?

With Karlos playing well, it's not necessary to cut anyone to bring up another RB.

Someone will get cut for Leodis to come off IR , unless another player goes to IR.

What's wrong with Bryce Brown?

Is he a raging !@#$? We're led to believe he's not a dummy. Is he a head case? Impossible to get a long with>

Because he's a MUCH better tailback than A LOT of guys with jobs right now.

You mean to tell me Cleveland, Tennessee, Dallas, Miami, Detroit, Baltimore, New Orleans, NYG...NONE of these teams could benefit from having the guy on their rosters?

It is a bit of a puzzling question to me why he got cut just when he did. It wasn't optimal timing - we had to have known the Pats would have him in and scrape out his brains. And we knew McCoy wasn't healthy yet and playing would make it worse. So why carry him that far and cut him just then?

I'm not sure it's a million-dollar question but it is a $745k question or so why no one else has picked him up. He does have talent. The only issue to be seen is the obvious one of ball security - it's not just the fumbles, he just doesn't carry the rock and protect it like he should all around - watch him sometime. He doesn't switch arms when someone is approaching from his ball side, he doesn't wrap it up with both arms when he's hit. But NFL coaches have egos, and someone has to figure they can do what the Iggles and Bills coaches couldn't, and persuade him to cherish that baby.

Unless, of course, the Bills caught him with some substance he shouldn't have? But that's pure unvarnished speculation.

It is a bit of a puzzling question to me why he got cut just when he did. It wasn't optimal timing - we had to have known the Pats would have him in and scrape out his brains. And we knew McCoy wasn't healthy yet and playing would make it worse. So why carry him that far and cut him just then?

Someone had to be cut to make room for Dareus. Whaley cut the player he deemed the most expendable, even though many of us disagree.

With Karlos playing well, it's not necessary to cut anyone to bring up another RB.

Someone will get cut for Leodis to come off IR , unless another player goes to IR.

If Shady is out for the Giants game I would expect them to bring up Cierre. Boobie has not been getting it done.

I do wonder exactly what Fluellen brings to the table. Is he a staunch STer or something?

Someone had to be cut to make room for Dareus. Whaley cut the player he deemed the most expendable, even though many of us disagree.

Of course, but that's begging the same question "why, with McCoy still nursing a hamstring, was our 4th RB considered most expendable? Why not Fluellen or someone else where we're deep?"

Edited by Hopeful