How did NE figure out our offense so quick?

PortlandiaEast

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe its paranoia...

But after watching the first half against Miami, the Indy game, and the first drive against NE... I cant help but think NE thought that our offense was way better than they expected and found an illegal way to get an edge, either on offense or on defense. Im also extremely jaded/paranoid/whatever that the NFL is somewhat rigged, and I think our offense looks dangerous as I have ever seen.

It's quite possible that NE brought Bryce Brown in and offered him $$ to sit with a tape cutup of the Colts/Preseason/previous Roman offense and the Bills defense, and comment on the plays run from that personnel set, any terminology, and so forth. It's well known some teams like to do this and it's not illegal as far as I know.

IMHO it was a mistake to release Bryce Brown just before the Pats game. I didn't understand the driver there.

It's quite possible that NE brought Bryce Brown in and offered him $$ to sit with a tape cutup of the Colts/Preseason/previous Roman offense and the Bills defense, and comment on the plays run from that personnel set, any terminology, and so forth. It's well known some teams like to do this and it's not illegal as far as I know.

IMHO it was a mistake to release Bryce Brown just before the Pats game. I didn't understand the driver there.

They had to release somebody because they were adding Dareus back onto the roster

Maybe its paranoia...

But after watching the first half against Miami, the Indy game, and the first drive against NE... I cant help but think NE thought that our offense was way better than they expected and found an illegal way to get an edge, either on offense or on defense. Im also extremely jaded/paranoid/whatever that the NFL is somewhat rigged, and I think our offense looks dangerous as I have ever seen.

Wow, I guess you missed the good news! Bryce Brown was cut. :) The turncoat signed with NE within hours and gave the BellyCheats our playbook. :-[

Which was 'not in the spirit of the game', as it was described at that time.

The next season, the injury timeout rule came into being. coincidence? I think not.[/quote

I don't recall BBs defense faking injuries in SB XXV . I do recall an unorthodox 2-5 personnel grouping that invited the Bills to run the ball( they refused) and the Giants dbs punished the Bills WRs on every catch. TT should have had 30+carries . But he cleanly beat the Bills at their own game. You may be confusing BB with coaches that faked injuries to slow down the Bengals no huddle( Chuck Knox in SEA comes to mind). That resulted in the league stepping in and saying that a faked injury would result in a penalty on the defense for UC, and a Bengals penalty for UC as well ( as they were tring to catch the defense making substitutions.

As much as I would like to say cheating, it was simply out coaching us. If Rex is going to play 7 back, he has to play press and knock these guys off their routes. He was afraid to do both, neither blitz, nor press these guys so Brady torched us.

It's that simple.

+1. We were out-coached in all aspects of the game. Giving them fantastic field position in the 1st quarter allowed them to pile up the score. The defense did adjust in the 2nd half, but it was a tad late. The offense struggled, especially with Taylor trying to do too much and taking those 8 sacks just did not help. Many of these issues falls on Rex for not getting his team ready. May be he got them too over-ready making it sound like a AFC Championship game.

It was good to see Rex back to a normal self in Miami. He had a better control of the football team

Maybe its paranoia...

Bellicheck is a genius and Rex dialed down the defense, which was a bad move. Needed to jam the receivers at the line to keep Brady from throwing the ball under two seconds allowing our pass rush to get some pressure.

Two words - Ernie Adams

This is something most people don't realize; the procedures and technology used by the Pats* during Spygate is still in use today by them. The only difference is that they aren't videotaping the signals on the field anymore, but they sure are still taping them from the stands (which is allowed) coupled with the video provided with the league.