Breaking down the positives from Pats* game: Darby/Harvin

YoloinOhio

Good writeup. Darby is really stepping up and looks to be a steal in second round. Percy is so explosive. We need to get him the ball more often. And Kyle is the ultimate professional. All he does is make plays and give 110% every play. Might I add Karlos Williams had a great game. And sorry to make a negative remark in a postive thread- but Chandler Jones made Glenn look silly- and really exposed him. Darby, Harvin, Kyle, Karlos all stock up in my book, Glenn stock down. Just my opinion

You certainly can't say Carpenter was a positive. I've seen little if any comment about Carpenter's missed extra point. But if he continues to be erratic with 33 yard kicks, it'll be a major cause of concern. You can't simply feel you'll make those points up with 2 point conversions.

You certainly can't say Carpenter was a positive. I've seen little if any comment about Carpenter's missed extra point. But if he continues to be erratic with 33 yard kicks, it'll be a major cause of concern. You can't simply feel you'll make those points up with 2 point conversions.

I think Rex said it was a bad hold

Sorry. When Harvin didn't even attempt to go for a very catchable ball. You do that, it more than offsets any positives that he may have done.

yeah, i saw that lack of effort on that play. I guess in the horendity of the entire game, that play got lost. But is sure didn't look good

Edited by CSBill

Sorry. When Harvin didn't even attempt to go for a very catchable ball. You do that, it more than offsets any positives that he may have done.

you saw that too? it looked as if he only needed to reach out with his hands a bit further as his elbows were bent.

not making excuses, but there have been a few missed PAT's so far this season with the longer field and narrower goal posts.

I think there's a little more concern to the back half of your statement. Yes, he missed an EXP. There've been 8 misses already in the 1st two weeks. I'm concerned that we've not seen anything in Training Camp nor reported from practice that the team is dedicating efforts to develop worthwhile 2pt conversion plays. -And it shows! We have a lot of playmakers and there's plenty of formations available to create to get 2 yards. We are gonna Need this, both this season and beyond. We left 5 points on the field Sunday.