A Few Thoughts About The Game, in no particular order.....

Bill from NYC

2) My prayers go out to Aaron Williams, and it was great to see the team praying for him.

7) How did it happen? How did Rex Ryan suddenly morph into Dick Jauron? Look, we don't have great coverage linebackers. Bradham is a pass rusher (and a good one), and Brown is a top run stuffer. Putting them in the secondary didn't work. And please remind me why we gave Hughes millions of dollars. Never mind, I remember...because he is a pass rusher!!!!! Today Rex reminded me of Dumbo Jauron sending Schobel out on coverage. We had the crowd noise and should have sent the kitchen sink after Brady!

14) Bottom line is that Rex has to take control and straighten things out. It looks like he has a lot to work with.

Bottom line deserves to be up front: Rex has the talent on this team. It's up to him to take control, straighten things out and get it done.

It's a cliche, but I have to say it: we were outcoached today in all 3 aspects of the game.

Rex was handed the keys to a top-5 elite defense in the NFL last year. With the exception of McKelvin and Searcy, the D is intact and it looks as though we made some nice pickups in Darby and some other players sich as Nickel Robey who have come on nicely.

If he can't be successful and build a stout D with this group of players, there is no "front office didn't give me good players" card to play as an excuse.

Likewise: except for an elite QB (for which his claim to fame is "just give me decent, I can take you to the superbowl with decent), Roman was handed most of the pieces of an offense poised to take a step. Today, it looked as though that step is "backwards"

I believe I heard a report for AW's father that he has movement in all extremities, so whatever his injury and course of treatment are we will pray for the best prognosis.

One little consulation: as much as I think Edelman is a little punk, as far as can be told the AW injury was "just one of those things", clean play, both players doing their jobs.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bottom line deserves to be up front: Rex has the talent on this team. It's up to him to take control, straighten things out and get it done.

It's a cliche, but I have to say it: we were outcoached today in all 3 aspects of the game.

Rex was handed the keys to a top-5 elite defense in the NFL last year. With the exception of McKelvin and Searcy, the D is intact and it looks as though we made some nice pickups in Darby and some other players sich as Nickel Robey who have come on nicely.

If he can't be successful and build a stout D with this group of players, there is no "front office didn't give me good players" card to play as an excuse.

Likewise: except for an elite QB (for which his claim to fame is "just give me decent, I can take you to the superbowl with decent), Roman was handed most of the pieces of an offense poised to take a step. Today, it looked as though that step is "backwards"

I believe I heard a report for AW's father that he has movement in all extremities, so whatever his injury and course of treatment are we will pray for the best prognosis.

One little consulation: as much as I think Edelman is a little punk, as far as can be told the AW injury was "just one of those things", clean play, both players doing their jobs.

Good points here. It's really true about the defense especially - they're strong across the board. It's not like we're short a cornerback or a linebacker. Today was straight coaching.

Vick got sacked a ton too. Avoiding a sack is about the line and getting rid of the ball. Not about speed.

GET RID OF THE BALL!

Brady picks you apart with several slants and short sideline passes, then after a while he goes for the big play down the field.

Those short passes are out of his hand in about one second. Tyrod was holding the ball and looking, looking, looking for WAY too long.

We had a terrible day and game but I feel more depressed by reading some of the post-game takes then I did watching a HOF QB carve us up.

Early in the season and we need to just get rolling now. We played NE and Indy and are 1-1. Time for us to keep improving and the Defense better be ready to take out Miami.

I wonder if alot of this could be attributed to all the pre-season injuries to RB and WR. Guys that should have been practicing ST all summer were playing RB and WR in the pre-season games. Now askign them to jell together without much practice.

3) The special teams coach lost control of his players early on and it really hurt us. That said, Rex deserves blame as well. More on Rex to come.

It is a little weird, this rush for the exits. Many people here look at the schedule before the season, and put an "L" next to the Patriot games. The Bills are a work in progress, so going into this season, you would have to expect them to have some growing pains. They just aren't ready to beat the champs in week 2.

Edited by HoF Watkins

It is a little weird, this rush for the exits. Many people here look at the schedule before the season, and put an "L" next to the Patriot games. The Bills are a work in progress, so going into this season, you would have to expect them to have some growing pains. They just aren't ready to beat the champs in week 2.

I had them starting 1-2 beating Indi, losing today and next week and ending 10-6. If we win next week we are ahead of my schedule.

All true, but the Penalties were the story of the game. That's on Rex Ryan. 2 weeks in a row.

The penalties not only killed anything the offense might get going, it repeatedly turned into great field position for the Pats.

Yes, but there were several of the "Are you watching the same game as I am??" variety as well...

THIS. I think both of the interceptions came on high passes that were high because otherwise he can't get them over the center of the line.

I respectfully disagree. It's all about lateral movement and creating passing lanes, as others around the NFL have said. Last time I checked, R Wilson was shorter than TT, and he does it just fine. I hope GRo will get more creative w/ TT to get him moving out of the pocket, throwing w/ designed rollouts, thus taking advantage of his athleticism. As we saw today, he's not a traditional drop back, stay in the pocket QB

I wonder if alot of this could be attributed to all the pre-season injuries to RB and WR. Guys that should have been practicing ST all summer were playing RB and WR in the pre-season games. Now askign them to jell together without much practice.

This is a point. IMHO Taylor is not very confident/comfortable/"in sync" with Watkins yet. This may have contributed to 2 of the 3 INTs with Watkins as the intended target. I felt Taylor wasnot very confident exactly what his target window was for Watkins

The third INT was just plain forcing it.

I respectfully disagree. It's all about lateral movement and creating passing lanes, as others around the NFL have said. Last time I checked, R Wilson was shorter than TT, and he does it just fine. I hope GRo will get more creative w/ TT to get him moving out of the pocket, throwing w/ designed rollouts, thus taking advantage of his athleticism. As we saw today, he's not a traditional drop back, stay in the pocket QB

FWIW, seems as though NE did a very good job disrupting RW's passing game and limiting him through most of the SB last year.

I loved the comeback but Rex has a lot of work to do with this group.

NE's defense sucks. It is bad and to get 40+ put up on our D is inexcusable.

However, I don't want to win this one. I want the one in November when we are vying for the division.

Don't get too high or too low. Bring on the Fish.