Trying not to be a homer, but we should win Sunday

Virgil

First off, 15 years of playoff drought and being Brady's B word makes it tough for me to say this. However, when I really break it down, we have almost every possible advantage in this game.

1 - We have made Luck, Manning, and Rodgers look mediocre. Even if Brady is the best of them, which I don't think he is, we have the best defense out there against top Qb's and it's been proven.

2 - They have two offensive receiving threats. Gilmore is good enough Edleman. We could put either Williams or Graham on Gronk and still have a Safety over the top. Williams could even bump him off the line with his size.

2a - Even if we only play one safety deep, which I think we should, we could still send a blitzer up the middle all game long. They have an undrafted rookie starting at center and Brady is at his worst when he gets pressure from the inside. We have the best front four in the NFL. We add a 5th man on most of our plays, we should at least make it very uncomfortable for them.

3 - Sammy, Woods, Harvin. The Patriots have gotten decimated at CB. Antonio Brown and Heyward Bay torched them. Brown may be a top 5 WR, but we have way more play makers than they can cover. It's not even close.

The only questions are how prepped do we get Tyrod for whatever looks they throw at us and prevent him from making dumb turnovers. Plus, will we finally see this great running game we've been prepping for all offseason. Didn't see it last week and this Pats got run all over by the Steelers. For both of these, if the coaching is as good as we think, this should at least be a push.

With that, take the history of losing out of your mouth and tell me where we are at a disadvantage? We have the firepower to stop theirs. We really do.

Okay, now that I've solidified that we will get blown out...where am I wrong?

Okay, now that I've solidified that we will get blown out...where am I wrong?

You're not wrong at all. Close game, not as "comfortable" a win as last week, but I believe we prevail. I think people will look back and point to this as the pivotal game that began the slow unwinding of the Pats* dynasty. It's only fitting that it be us.

One more thing, FG, to help your cause. A weird useless stat that popped into my head this week and I decided to check it out.

The Bills are ridiculous in week 2 the last decade.

How ridiculous?

They are 7-3 the last 10 years...6-1 in the last seven.

If they win on Sunday I believe they go to 8-2 over the previous ten year span.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

This is often the type of game NE loses every year, early season road game against decent team. See KC last year.

What worries me is way too much is being made about this game at a national level that may have NE too fired up. Not talking about Rex's chatter either, more the national coverage the game is getting and so many people picking the Bills. Great motivational stuff for NE to use. Hey we're the defending Super Bowl champs, and many think we're going to lose, lets show them what we still have left.

One more thing, FG, to help your cause. A weird useless stat that popped into my head this week and I decided to check it out.

How ridiculous?

Nice pickup!

I don't know why, but I think Karlos Williams will be huge too. If I remember last Thursday correctly, the Pats struggled against power runners too.

I think so too. And if he does, I'm just going to get more annoyed that we traded Kiko, paid Shady his money, and cut Fred.

How ridiculous?

While kind of meaningless, unless you can figure the driver, what an odd stat. Edited by NoSaint

Nice pickup!

I know weird, right?!

I thought we were pretty good so I went back to check out our record in "week 2" (expecting, like 5-5 based on memory) and then discovered the 7-3, and 6-1 in the last 7.

Oh, don't worry Buffalo fatalists...we are 3-7 in the last 10 "week 3" games.

:P

...seriously, though,we are.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

In my opinion, the Bills have not shown me enough yet for me to feel like they "should win" this game. They have been dominated by the *Pats for a long time now. The Bills are on the upswing and the Pats might be coming back down from their ill-gotten pedestal. But this is still going to be a battle. You've got to knock the King off the mountain if you want to take over that spot. I think the Bills can win if they play their best (and if the *Pats haven't found a new way to cheat). I'm just not ready to say its a game they should win. But I am very pumped up for the game and really can't wait to get out to the stadium Sunday morning.

I disagree on the Gilmore against Edelman front. Gilmore hasn't shown he can cover the smaller, quicker guys very well. He's great against the big guys who try to outphysical Gilmore because he is so strong himself. But when he brings that same strategy to the little guys, they outmaneuver him. At least from what I've seen the last few years. I realize TY Hilton falls in the class of smaller WR, but he is a guy who runs a ton of posts, go routes and corner routes, not the quick slants and in routes that Edelman is so good at running. Precise, quick route runners beat Gilmore which is why I'd throw Gilmore on gronk all game. I think he matches up well with him

In my opinion, the Bills have not shown me enough yet for me to feel like they "should win" this game. They have been dominated by the *Pats for a long time now. The Bills are on the upswing and the Pats might be coming back down from their ill-gotten pedestal. But this is still going to be a battle. You've got to knock the King off the mountain if you want to take over that spot. I think the Bills can win if they play their best (and if the *Pats haven't found a new way to cheat). I'm just not ready to say its a game they should win. But I am very pumped up for the game and really can't wait to get out to the stadium Sunday morning.

You covered my exact thoughts.

This is one of those hindsight is 20/20 games where the media will be saying "told you so" regardless of the outcome. No reason to doubt our ability to win but we still have a lot to learn about this team. Indy is one thing. Patriots are completely different animal.

While 2 wins don't make a season, these two would be huge!!! Even a few years back when we started 4-0 wouldn't mean as much as starting 2-0 this year.... Taking down the top two teams in the AFC would be huge!!! As I have stated in other threads, I am taking this year game by game to start out- I have gotten way too high in these guys way too quickly. Looking at this roster and coaching staff, though, this is a totally different organization and I LOVE it!