Sabres and NHL 2015-16

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course you are. If you're going to make an ignorant statement at least own up to it.

Ignorant? Why because you disagree? BS.

Oh, well just watch the video

It was dirty and stupid, which is typical of Chris Neil

And yes, plenty of Sabres have done dirty things on the ice.

I watched the video a few times. Did not see contact to the face?

What the !@#$ does that even mean?

I made a simple, easily proven statement about Chris Neil. Last night's "incident" is pretty much the norm for him throughout his career. Somehow that turns into a "homer" thing because I didn't complain about something some Sabre did at some other time. Are you Chris Neil's bottom?

I also didn't like Risto's cross check to Bobby Ryan's ribs. Given that Risto has about 60 PIMS for his career and Chris Neil has 2400+. I'm going to turn a homer eye to it and chalk it up to something the television didn't show me. I'm not going to give Chris Neil the same benefit of the doubt because pretty much his entire game is based on all the **** he's pulled in the past, including almost taking Chris Drury's head off. If the NHL suspended Risto for a game or two because of it, I wouldn't have a problem with it (despite my obvious homerism).

Once again the toothless, gutless NHL officiating crew didn't have the stones to even call a penalty on Neil, much less throw him out of the game. The fact that the linesman standing 10 feet away didn't have the balls to call the major that he saw means once again, Neil will continue his behavior and at some point seriously injure another player.

The NHL doesn't protect its players in a meaningful way. It's been a problem for pretty much the entire tenure of the Lawn Gnome.

Neil is a dick, but are you seriously saying that is the "norm" for him? Over-react much?

But the response from his teammates should have been immediate.

Exactly!

Ignorant? Why because you disagree? BS

Ignorant because you're throwing out inflammatory statements can't back them with facts won't admit you don't see what everyone else sees are trolling are assuming that we as fans can't be objective but you can and you've apparently never read the main board if you think we don't criticize our own. I call that ignorance, but you may be right when you call it BS; since they're your words you'd know best.

Ignorant because you're throwing out inflammatory statements can't back them with facts won't admit you don't see what everyone else sees are trolling are assuming that we as fans can't be objective but you can and you've apparently never read the main board if you think we don't criticize our own. I call that ignorance, but you may be right when you call it BS; since they're your words you'd know best.

Go back and read this thread and tell me that my opinion is not based on fact. How many times are guys whining about a huge miscarriage of justice towards the Sabres, only to have a Sabres player do the exact same thing days later and that's somehow ok. That's being a homer! Fact!

Neil is a dick, but are you seriously saying that is the "norm" for him? Over-react much?

I don't see as much hockey as these other guys do but even I know that what we saw last night is absolutely the norm for Chris Neil. He is exactly what Ryan Miller called Lucic.

Why is Chris Neil even in The League? Wasn't The League committed to running these agitators out... No matter how talented or not or what he produces. Why does he get a pass? He is simply dangerous out there. Hasn't The League gone in a new direction?

How long has this been going on with him? Wouldn't it just be better to go back to the old days and let the players handle things themselves. The League is a joke. How many times is he going to agitate before they throw him out?

Why is Chris Neil even in The League? Wasn't The League committed to running these agitators out... No matter how talented or not or what he produces. Why does he get a pass? He is simply dangerous out there. Hasn't The League gone in a new direction?

How long has this been going on with him? Wouldn't it just be better to go back to the old days and let the players handle things themselves. The League is a joke. How many times is he going to agitate before they throw him out?

Can you guess how many times he has been suspended by the NHL?

I'm guessing the number is far lower than the number of times he has kneed a guy who was down or blasted a prone player in the head.

The number is 0. My guess is he will get a 1 game suspension for the kneeing. So I would say that act was not "the norm" for Neil.

Edited by thebug

The number is 0. My guess is he will get a 1 game suspension for the kneeing. So I would say that act was not "the norm" for Neil.

Because the NHL is screwed up Neil is not a goon? In case you don't remember what Miller said about Lucic:

Chris Neil is a piece of $h1+

Because the NHL is screwed up Neil is not a goon? In case you don't remember what Miller said about Lucic:

Chris Neil is a piece of $h1+

Why do I care what Miller said about Lucic?

Chris Neil is a goon.

So you didn't see a knee shot or you didn't see contact with the face?

Is one action clean while the other is dirty?

I saw the knee, but it doesn't hit him in the face (head shot)

Yes there is a difference. Just like with a cross check, the game pretty much allows cross checks to the ribs and back all the time, but a cross check to the head is a different story. Right?

I agree it was dirty. I think he should get suspended for it, but I also think people are over-reacting because they thought it was a head shot.

Chris Neil is a goon.

Yes there is a difference. Just like with a cross check, the game pretty much allows cross checks to the ribs and back all the time, but a cross check to the head is a different story. Right?

I agree it was dirty. I think he should get suspended for it, but I also think people are over-reacting because they thought it was a head shot.

Are you trying to equate a legal hit that may miss and hit the head with a deliberate kneeing of a prone payer? And then you wonder why people are calling you an *&*&! in this thread?

Are you trying to equate a legal hit that may miss and hit the head with a deliberate kneeing of a prone payer? And then you wonder why people are calling you an *&*&! in this thread?

Not sure how you arrived at that? I am saying in any situation in hockey a shot to the head is much worse. I agree it was dirty and even said I think he should be suspended for it, but would you not agree that it would be far worse if he kneed him in the face and slammed his head against the boards? (which is what some people think happened)

I don't care what people are calling me in this thread.

Edited by thebug

Can you guess how many times he has been suspended by the NHL?

Which is a tremendous gauge, since the NHL is known for how well its ability to consistently handle discipline issues. You must have been a goalie.

Chris Neil is a goon.

I didn't think it was a head shot. So am I overreacting?

Any time a player intends to injure another player, they should be suspended for a LONG time. Chris Neil should be suspended for a long time.

Which is a tremendous gauge, since the NHL is known for how well its ability to consistently handle discipline issues. You must have been a goalie.

I didn't think it was a head shot. So am I overreacting?

Any time a player intends to injure another player, they should be suspended for a LONG time. Chris Neil should be suspended for a long time.

I think you are if you really believe your last sentence. You guys would be without Kane for a while as well if that was the case. I saw him trying to injure a few guys the other night.

Does the NHL base it's penalty more on intent or the effect of the hit? If it's intent, the suspension will be worse IMO.

Edit: He's projected in the lineup tonight. Don't know if that means there will be no punishment or not.

Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall