Sabres and NHL 2015-16

26CornerBlitz

When GMTM made the trade for Lehner, he got a lot of flack. Nowadays, the hockey boards are generally conceding that Lehner may work out well. In addition to Johnson, who I agree is worth keeping, Ullmark has potential. We just signed Jason Kasdorf to an entry level contract. I am actually not worried about goaltending. We need a top LHD and a couple of top six wingers. Let's see what Fasching and Baptiste bring to the table. Maybe Ennis gets healthy and can contribute. Who knows on that? We have plenty of ammo to trade in the off-season and one more top of the draft add. How nice if the lottery worked in our favor the year the draft is in Buffalo.

Anyway, I agree the Sabres give one plenty of reason for optimism.

With the goalie position you just never know. One year the player can look like he is going to be a player anchoring the position for the next decade. Then the next year he turns into an erratic player who has lost his confidence. How often do teams trade for an appealing goalie to then have that player be a major disappointment? There is a finickiness to that position that the other positions don't have.

Our GM scouted Lehner and was instrumental in drafting Lehner. He then traded a first round pick for him. So obviously he has a strong conviction about him. When watching him play at times you can see him make making scintillating plays. Then there are times when you can see him lose his composure and focus. To me he seems to have more upside than Johnson but Johnson seems to be more steady than the bigger goalie. The bottom line is that they make a good tandem.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The organization seems intent on finding out how good Lehner is and is going to be. What has to remembered when evaluating him this year is that he is not fully healed from his high ankle sprain. It's won't completely heal until he has an offseason to rest it. I'm very glad that the organization didn't trade Johnson. He is a good safety valve goalie for us.

I just wonder what Johnson thinks he is in this league right now. If he thinks he can be a starter, he'll probably sign somewhere else. Even if he is content sticking around in an obvious backup situation, there may not be much shelf life for him in that role either. I'd imagine he'd only get a one year deal in that role here. Is he happy with that? Of course, this completely ignores the other question of whether or not the team wants that.

You should have taken it as me no longer caring about what you have to say on the matter and I have chosen to ignore the point. Someone else in that thread answered you in much the same way that I would have and there was no need for me to expound upon his response.

Your idea of an obese goaltender is just more silliness that doesn't merit any serious consideration.

When we were kids, the fat kid played goal!

The organization seems intent on finding out how good Lehner is and is going to be. What has to remembered when evaluating him this year is that he is not fully healed from his high ankle sprain. It's won't completely heal until he has an offseason to rest it. I'm very glad that the organization didn't trade Johnson. He is a good safety valve goalie for us.

I think you meant ingest

AFMgzrPh_200x200.jpg VS. hb9K6ARm_200x200.jpg

cut.jpg

CANADIENS (32-32-6) at SABRES (28-33-9)

WED MAR 16, 2016 @ 7:00 PM ET

TV: MSG-B/SPORTSNET

NHL.TV FREE GAME

NHL.com Game Preview: Sabres could get Ryan O'Reilly back vs. Canadiens

Season series: The Montreal Canadiens and Buffalo Sabres have split their first four games. Montreal evened the season series with a 3-2 win at Bell Centre on Thursday. Montreal defenseman Andrei Markov has one goal and seven points. Center Alex Galchenyuk and right wing Dale Weise, who now plays for the Chicago Blackhawks, each has three goals. Buffalo forward Marcus Foligno has three goals and one assist and forward Ryan O'Reilly has one goal and three assists. They are among 18 Sabres players who have at least one point against Montreal, which has outscored Buffalo 16-14.

Sabres Digital Press Box Game Preview

CURRENT INJURIES – (Man Games Lost: 298)

Player (injury, first game missed) – total games missed
Cody McCormick (blood clot, Oct. 8; injured reserve) – 70 games
Tyler Ennis (upper body, Dec. 31; injured reserve) – 33 games
Cody Franson (neck, Feb. 21) – 11 games
Ryan O’Reilly (lower body, Feb. 21; injured reserve) – 11 games

TRANSACTIONS IN PAST 7 DAYS
3/14: Signed G Jason Kasdorf to an entry-level contract

UPCOMING GAMES
Friday, March 18: Ottawa at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Saturday, March 19: Buffalo at Toronto, 7 p.m.
Tuesday, March 22: Buffalo at Carolina, 7 p.m.
Saturday, March 26: Winnipeg at Buffalo, 1 p.m.
Monday, March 28: Buffalo at Detroit, 7:30 p.m.

TONIGHT’S GAME

CANADIENS at SABRES
This is the fifth and final meeting between the Sabres and Canadiens this season.
Last meeting: Montreal defeated Buffalo, 3-2, in Montreal on March 10
The Sabres are 5-4-1 in their last 10 games vs. the Canadiens; 5-4-1 at home
This is the 271st game all-time between Buffalo and Montreal; Buffalo has a 124-108-38 series record.
The Sabres are 71-38-25 at home against the Canadiens all-time.

Morning Skate: March 16, 2016 from 10:30 AM – 11:30 AM at First Niagara Center

@BuffaloSabres

Coach Bylsma discusses the newest goalie part of our organization, Jason Kasdorf: http://bufsabres.co/hXYxs9

CdnO8KRWwAABI0N.jpg

Kasdorf thrilled to join Sabres. Practice report: http://bufsabres.co/3riLtm

CdnYKPBW4AA9cua.jpg
Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Here are the projected lineups:

CANADIENS
Max Pacioretty - Alex Galchenyuk - Sven Andrighetto
Paul Byron - Tomas Plekanec - Torrey Mitchell
Lars Eller - Michael McCarron - Lucas Lessio
Jacob De La Rose - Phillip Danault - Mike Brown

Andrei Markov - Mark Barberio
Alexei Emelin - Greg Pateryn
Victor Bartley - Nathan Beaulieu

Ben Scrivens
Mike Condon

Injured: P.K. Subban (neck), Carey Price (lower body), David Desharnais (broken left foot), Brendan Gallagher (lower body), Daniel Carr (knee), Jeff Petry (sports hernia surgery), Brian Flynn (lower body), Tom Gilbert (left knee)

Scratched: Stefan Matteau

SABRES
Evander Kane - Ryan O'Reilly - Nicolas Deslauriers
Zemgus Girgensons - Jack Eichel - Sam Reinhart
Marcus Foligno - Johan Larsson - Brian Gionta
Cal O'Reilly - David Legwand - Matt Moulson

Josh Gorges - Rasmus Ristolainen
Jake McCabe - Zach Bogosian
Carlo Colaiacovo - Mark Pysyk

Robin Lehner
Chad Johnson

Injured: Cody Franson (neck), Tyler Ennis (concussion), Jason Kasdorf (groin), Cody McCormick (blood clot)

Scratched: none

Status update: Eller takes the place of Matteau in the Canadiens lineup. Defenseman Darren Dietz was assigned to St. John's of the American Hockey League with Beaulieu returning. … The Sabres assigned forward Dan Catenacci to Rochester of the AHL.

Who's hot: Pacioretty has a five-game point streak in which he has a goal and six assists. Barberio has a three-game point streak with one goal and three assists. … Gionta has a goal and three assists during a three-game point streak. Kane has three assists during his two-game point streak. Eichel has five goals and two assists in the past six games.