Sabres and NHL 2015-16

26CornerBlitz

It's nice to know that they won. I've hit the point where I turn a game off once OT ends. The shoot outs ruin everything for me. 3-on-3 is a blast, but then it hits a wall with an absolutely horrible, slow ending.

Reinhart still needs 2 more. ;)

Oops. :oops:

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3-8: DAN BYLSMA ON WGR (21:02)

Bylsma - We weren't sharp coming out and were a step behind the Leafs... We did come back strong in the 3rd and got it to OT. #Sabres

Bylsma on last night's game - We weren't where we needed to be, and we all talked about it, to a man, after the 1st period #Sabres

Bylsma on 15 and 23 - We're leaning on them, but it's a growth period for them. We need them to step up, play big minutes for us #Sabres

Bylsma on PP - It's not specifically designed for players to be on one flank or the other... Each position offers different things #Sabres

Bylsma - Zemgus has played his best on the wing, especially in the top-6 with Jack. #Sabres

Bylsma - we changed deployment of personnel a bit. We've gone back to 2 FWs, a more layered approach. We've been pushing to score in 3-on-3.

Bylsma with some strong comments on 3-on-3 OT (Note: Bylsma's not a fan)

Bylsma on Ennis - doing better, progressing, which is a good sign. #Sabres

Bylsma on Franson - He's dealing with a head, neck injury. #Sabres

Bylsma on Ryan O'Reily - we're coming up on 3 weeks for Ryan. Hopefully he can get back on the ice after this Friday and then go from there

Game Notes NHL Stats Press Clips

@BuffaloSabres

Sabres focused on strong start vs. Rangers tonight + an update on Ennis & Franson: http://bufsabres.co/RK94PP

CdDQQBzVIAA9JtX.jpg

1f3a5.png Coach Bylsma shares updates ahead of our game vs. NYR: http://bufsabres.co/vX56mt

CdDdszwXEAAap5k.jpg

@NYRangers

W2W4: #NYR look to rebound as they face Sabres in Buffalo tonight; game primer here: http://nyrange.rs/1QAySlb

CdCRGlPWoAAKifr.jpg

@JoeYerdon

Get ready for Sabres-Rangers tonight right now by reading the words I've procured for you. #NYRvsBUF https://www.nhl.com/news/sabres-rangers-preview/c-279450530?tid=279428192

So how nice was that set up by eichel to reinhart

It was a very slick play.

Edit, eichel has made passed like that all year But most haven't resulted in goals. reinhart made it look easy.

I know it's early but I'm wondering in reinhart might project as a winger long term. This team is set at center in the top 2 lines.

Edited by drinkTHEkoolaid

It was a very slick play.

Edit, eichel has made passed like that all year But most haven't resulted in goals. reinhart made it look easy.

I know it's early but I'm wondering in reinhart might project as a winger long term. This team is set at center in the top 2 lines.

When one watched the Sabres play the Rangers last night one couldn't come away and say that the Rangers were a noticeably superior team to Buffalo. In yesterday's game I thought the Sabres out played the Rangers. The scoring chances were there but they just didn't convert enough.

The Rangers are definitely a superior and more complete team. I'm not saying otherwise. My point is that this team is not too far away from being a good team. Because of its lack of depth injuries have more of an effect on them than a fuller team such as the Rangers.

What's obvious and a cause for optimism is that our best players are our younger players. What I am now focusing on is watching to see how our secondary young players steadily get better. Larrson has recently stepped up his game. Foligno shows glimpses of being a good player but at the minimum he is a physical presence on the ice. Pysck is one of the least noticeable players on defense but he is one of the most efficient players on defense. A young defenseman who is stepping up is McCabe. He is more of a banger than I expected and he is getting more confident as each game goes by.

I'm expecting by the end of the season that the Sabres will be in the range of 20 points better than last season. But that isn't an accurate reflection of how much better team this team is from last year. When you watch them this year their level of play is qualitatively so much better. The level of passing is immensely better. The scoring passes to Larrson and Rheinhart were beautiful to watch.

When one watched the Sabres play the Rangers last night one couldn't come away and say that the Rangers were a noticeably superior team to Buffalo. In yesterday's game I thought the Sabres out played the Rangers. The scoring chances were there but they just didn't convert enough.

The Rangers are definitely a superior and more complete team. I'm not saying otherwise. My point is that this team is not too far away from being a good team. Because of its lack of depth injuries have more of an effect on them than a fuller team such as the Rangers.

What's obvious and a cause for optimism is that our best players are our younger players. What I am now focusing on is watching to see how our secondary young players steadily get better. Larrson has recently stepped up his game. Foligno shows glimpses of being a good player but at the minimum he is a physical presence on the ice. Pysck is one of the least noticeable players on defense but he is one of the most efficient players on defense. A young defenseman who is stepping up is McCabe. He is more of a banger than I expected and he is getting more confident as each game goes by.

I'm expecting by the end of the season that the Sabres will be in the range of 20 points better than last season. But that isn't an accurate reflection of how much better team this team is from last year. When you watch them this year their level of play is qualitatively so much better. The level of passing is immensely better. The scoring passes to Larrson and Rheinhart were beautiful to watch.

I don't know how you walk away after that third period last night and not feel optimistic. Yes they still have trouble scoring, but we've got a significant number of AHL guys out there right now. We can see how quickly some of these kids are growing up. They just need to add a couple complementary pieces (including the injured O'Reilly and Ennis) and this thing could quickly be headed in the right direction.

What.

Have.

You.

Been.

Watching?

His season save percentage is 0.927, which places him tied for 4th in the NHL amongst goalies with a minimum of 19 games played.

The mess comes from games like last night. He is laser focused most of the time, then BOOM, he's letting in beach balls.

hb9K6ARm_200x200.jpgVS. AFMgzrPh_200x200.jpg

cut.jpg

SABRES (27-32-9) at CANADIENS (31-30-6)

THU MAR 10, 2016 @ 7:30 PM ET

TV: MSG-B/SN/SN360

NHL.com Game Preview: Eller day-to-day, likely out for Canadiens - Sabres go back to Lehner in net after tough start

Season series: The Buffalo Sabres have won two of three games against the Montreal Canadiens, including a 4-2 win at Bell Centre on Feb. 3. Buffalo forward Marcus Foligno has three goals and one assist and forward Ryan O'Reilly has one goal and three assists. They are among 18 Sabres players who have a point against Montreal, which has outscored Buffalo 13-12. Canadiens defenseman Andrei Markov has one goal and six assists, defenseman P.K. Subban has five assists and center Alex Galchenyuk has three goals.

Sabres Digital Press Box Game Preview

CURRENT INJURIES – (Man Games Lost: 290)

Player (injury, first game missed) – total games missed
Cody McCormick (blood clot, Oct. 8; injured reserve) – 68 games
Tyler Ennis (upper body, Dec. 31; injured reserve) – 31 games
Cody Franson (neck, Feb. 21) – 9 games
Ryan O’Reilly (lower body, Feb. 21; injured reserve) – 9 games

TRANSACTIONS IN PAST 7 DAYS
N/A

UPCOMING GAMES
Saturday, March 12: Carolina at Buffalo, 1 p.m.
Wednesday, March 16: Montreal at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Friday, March 18: Ottawa at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Saturday, March 19: Buffalo at Toronto, 7 p.m.
Tuesday, March 22: Buffalo at Carolina, 7 p.m.

TONIGHT’S GAME

SABRES at CANADIENS
This is the fourth of five meetings between the Sabres and Canadiens this season.
Last meeting: Buffalo defeated Montreal, 6-4, in Buffalo on Feb. 12
Next meeting: Wednesday, March 16 in Buffalo
The Sabres are 5-4-1 in their last 10 games vs. the Canadiens; 7-3-0 on the road
This is the 270th game all-time between Buffalo and Montreal; Buffalo has a 124-107-38 series record.
The Sabres are 53-69-13 on the road against the Canadiens all-time.

Morning Skate: March 10, 2016 at 11:30 AM – 12:30 PM - Bell Centre

@BuffaloSabres

Coach Bylsma's post-practice comments before we head to Montréal: http://bufsabres.co/lur0G9

CdIf4ZrW4AAIgVe.jpg

A familiar face was around the rink today - @duffersabres has the latest on #ROR + more: http://bufsabres.co/hx6tD9

CdI8snjWIAAQ2_N.jpg

@CanadiensMTL

The #Habs returned to Brossard following Tuesday's thrilling win over the Stars. READ -> http://goha.bs/1Uf9fJ2

CdINo0zVIAACjJc.jpg

''For us to be at our best, we need to keep improving every game.'' - Pacioretty WATCH -> http://goha.bs/1QDZyBs

CdIPhWwVIAAwbpv.jpg