Sabres and NHL 2015-16

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So let's be honest...while eichel may be a generational talent.....mcdavid is just on another level...one I don't think the NHL has witnessed in quite sometime.

It's way too early to call either a generational talent, but I agree. They were billed as 1A and 1B leading up to the draft, but it's looking a lot more like simply #1 and #2 at this point. GMTM's infatuation was warranted.

It's way too early to call either a generational talent, but I agree. They were billed as 1A and 1B leading up to the draft, but it's looking a lot more like simply #1 and #2 at this point. GMTM's infatuation was warranted.

Just sucks that we were the worst team 2 years in a row and couldn't win the lottery especially when it mattered most.....Edmonton is in for a real treat for years to come.

Arrgh how screwed are we as a fan base?

I think we are headed In the right direction.....things just need to come together....losing on the mcdavid sweepstakes really showed tonight....fortunately he is buried in the west....and there were Sabres fans actually hoping mcdavid landed in Toronto....I shudder at that thought....

Edited by zevo

So let's be honest...while eichel may be a generational talent.....mcdavid is just on another level...one I don't think the NHL has witnessed in quite sometime.

I have been saying that in this thread all along. It's nothing against Eichel, he will be a great player. But McDavid will be the best we've seen in a long time...

@BuffaloSabres

New #BeyondBlueAndGold: Follow Ryan O'Reilly & his parents through his All-Star experience: http://bufsabres.co/bunj1l

Great way to start the day, thanks 26!

McDavid, Eichel Provide Memorable Night - Top picks live up to hype in first chapter of rivalry

by Dan Rosen @drosennhl / NHL.com Senior Writer

cut.jpg

Down the ice went Buffalo Sabres rookie Jack Eichel, skating with the puck on his stick, weaving and spinning and unleashing a backhanded shot that to the naked eye missed the net by maybe a foot, maybe less, but just enough to eventually spring you know who the other way.

Connor McDavid got the puck off of Eichel's miss on the right-wing half wall and went and won the game for the Edmonton Oilers. He used his tantalizing speed to get down the ice in a hurry and a power move to the net that led to a perfect backhanded five-hole shot to give the Oilers a 2-1 win, capping the first chapter in what certainly looks like a rivalry in the making.

The future is here. And it's going to be awesome.

I went to the game last night, first one I've seen live this season. McDavid was spectacular, but don't be quick to write off Eichel. Jack makes great plays throughout the game and is great defensively, too. He also won a lot of big draws in the game.

One advantage McDavid has over him right now is better quality line mates. Often on Jack's shifts he makes a great pass that his teammate can't handle, they lose the puck and it!s shift over. Kane seems an especially bad fit to be skating with Eichel - a puck hog that takes a lot of bad angle shots that produce no rebounds out front.

I trust that GMTM will use FA and the trade route to give Jack a first rate line to play on next year.

Keep the faith, Eich will go down as an all-time great Sabre.

As a side note, exiting the arena last night was a nightmare. The sidewalks were caked in ice, with a lot of people slipping and falling on their way to their cars. The ride home was treacherous with a lit of police lights flashing at the scene of accidents. Was happy to get home unscathed.

Edited by ChevyVanMiller

@ISShockey

ISS Top 30 Released for March at http://iss.tw/1Si1IZP

Rankings of Top Prospects for 2016 NHL Draft by @ISShockey

Matthews continues to establish himself as the Top Prospect for 2016 NHL Draft; Alexander Nylander jumps into Top 5

March 02, 2016 [Waterloo, ON] ISS Hockey has released its monthly rankings of the top prospects eligible for the 2016 NHL Draft. This month’s rankings include the top 200 skaters, along with the top 15 goaltenders, as evaluated and ranked by ISS Hockey’s worldwide network of scouts.

Below is the ISS Top 30, highlighting the rankings for the top 30 prospects, which are released on the first Wednesday of every month during the hockey season:

1 Matthews
2 Puljujarvi
3 Laine
4 Nylander
5 Tkachuk
6 Chychrun
7 McLeod
8 Dubois
9 Sergachev
10 Brown

I went to the game last night, first one I've seen live this season. McDavid was spectacular, but don't be quick to write off Eichel. Jack makes great plays throughout the game and is great defensively, too. He also won a lot of big draws in the game.

One advantage McDavid has over him right now is better quality line mates. Often on Jack's shifts he makes a great pass that his teammate can't handle, they lose the puck and it!s shift over. Kane seems an especially bad fit to be skating with Eichel - a puck hog that takes a lot of bad angle shots that produce no rebounds out front.

I trust that GMTM will use FA and the trade route to give Jack a first rate line to play on next year.

Keep the faith, Eich will go down as an all-time great Sabre.

As a side note, exiting the arena last night was a nightmare. The sidewalks were caked in ice, with a lot of people slipping and falling on their way to their cars. The ride home was treacherous with a lit of police lights flashing at the scene of accidents. Was happy to get home unscathed.

You point out the primary reason why Eichel is somewhat stifled this season. That is they haven't matched him with the right linemates. That's simply a function of not having enough talent and the right talent to match with his special abilities.

Look at the effect that O'Reilly has had on Reinhart. This offseason Murray should be in a good position to add to the roster. I'm sure a major focus of his attention will be finding playing partners for Eichel.

What impressed me the most about Edmonton is their skating speed and abilities. They have a lot of young talent but need more seasoning and maybe a different mix. They are an interesting team follow.

Eichel is a entirely different player than McDavid and it should be noted he much stronger bigger,, and very well be more equipped to handle a longer career.. also if and a big if Sabres able to get lucky and get Austin Matthews,, he was just to young last year or he would have been in mix with McDavid and Eichel for pick...... last night interesting but it was a competition between to teams at bottom of league time will tell how it plays out when games really count.