Sabres and NHL 2015-16

26CornerBlitz

Wouldn't Stamkos be something? Next to Joe Thorton he is my favorite player in the league. I just can't see TB letting that guy go. He is the franchise there.

If he went back to Tampa it would come as a total surprise. Someone is going to give him a crazy deal for a long time because he's one of the best offensive players in the NHL. GMTM has a great relationship with his agent and we're so much closer to contending than Toronto with none of the issues that come with playing in that fishbowl.

Is it possible he ends up in Buffalo? I think we have better odds than any team in the NHL of landing him if GMTM wants to make the leap.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he went back to Tampa it would come as a total surprise. Someone is going to give him a crazy deal for a long time because he's one of the best offensive players in the NHL. GMTM has a great relationship with his agent and we're so much closer to contending than Toronto with none of the issues that come with playing in that fishbowl.

Is it possible he ends up in Buffalo? I think we have better odds than any team in the NHL of landing him if GMTM wants to make the leap.

That would be over the top exciting for you guys. Just hope that the Rangers, Flyers or some rich team doesn't get him. I have no idea if they are in a position to as far as cap goes. Good luck.

I recognize that Stamkos is one of the best offensive players in the league. He is going to get a rich contract and deserve whatever he gets. Instead of pursuing him l would rather use the money to add two to three additional good players to bolster the roster. The Sabres would still be in a good cap situation to add another two or three good players to the roster. With Bailey ready to move up to the NHL and the return of Enis I would rather have a more complete roster that wouldn't be so devastated with the expected injuries that happen during the season.

I expect the Sabres to be a fringe playoff team next year. And I expect the Sabres to be a more serious team two to three years down the road. I understand why most fans would be in favor of signing Stamkos but I would rather take the approach of adding more talent to this thin team.

I recognize that Stamkos is one of the best offensive players in the league. He is going to get a rich contract and deserve whatever he gets. Instead of pursuing him l would rather use the money to add two to three additional good players to bolster the roster. The Sabres would still be in a good cap situation to add another two or three good players to the roster. With Bailey ready to move up to the NHL and the return of Enis I would rather have a more complete roster that wouldn't be so devastated with the expected injuries that happen during the season.

I expect the Sabres to be a fringe playoff team next year. And I expect the Sabres to be a more serious team two to three years down the road. I understand why most fans would be in favor of signing Stamkos but I would rather take the approach of adding more talent to this thin team.

Ennis is right there with Percy Harvin for the title of next Tim Connolly. I don't know what the Sabres should do about Stamkos but they sure should not assume Ennis will participate in anything close to a full season plus a playoff run.

I might be wrong, but is there not a max dollar and term contract in the NHL? I thought it was somewhere lik e$11M/7 years with new team...and current team can go to 8?

Murray farting around with Jack the other day most likely did not send a good message to Stamkos...as most say he wants to leave cause Cooper insists on playing him on wing and does not get him max ice time and best line-mates.

But, couple what Murray said yesterday"jacks winger not here yet" ...and if Stamkos would play wing...Eichel-Stamkos as your top pair....wowzer!!!!

That would be over the top exciting for you guys. Just hope that the Rangers, Flyers or some rich team doesn't get him. I have no idea if they are in a position to as far as cap goes. Good luck.

With Tpegs, the sabres are one of the rich teams now. We will max out the salary cap at the appropriate time. We are currently way under to leave room for making a push for stamkos and locking up our young core long term. Other teams now look at the sabres as being "in the rich team club"

I might be wrong, but is there not a max dollar and term contract in the NHL? I thought it was somewhere lik e$11M/7 years with new team...and current team can go to 8?

Murray farting around with Jack the other day most likely did not send a good message to Stamkos...as most say he wants to leave cause Cooper insists on playing him on wing and does not get him max ice time and best line-mates.

But, couple what Murray said yesterday"jacks winger not here yet" ...and if Stamkos would play wing...Eichel-Stamkos as your top pair....wowzer!!!!

Bring in one of the top picks this year, like Patrick laine who is projected as a top line scoring winger and land stamkos. Holy crap. Out too 6 would be set, just solidfy D and bring in the right role players to round out the bottom 6 and this team would be a competitor.

Good, candid stuff from GMTM as always.

He needs to be careful with some of that McGinn stuff though. Saying that they have interest in him moving forward could be interpreted as tampering. I know he has this "I don't care" aura around him, but he will care if they start taking picks away.

He needs to be careful with some of that McGinn stuff though. Saying that they have interest in him moving forward could be interpreted as tampering. I know he has this "I don't care" aura around him, but he will care if they start taking picks away.

I believe he said the same things last season as well. it was with one of the goalies IIRC....Rental players are so common in hockey, i don't think the NHL would ever take action on comments of this nature...

Edited by ricojes

Is it tampering to discuss a player who will be an unrestricted FA at the end of the season? Serious question.

What interview are you referring to? On the GR one he said that they like him and wanted to keep him but couldn't come to an agreement and did the trade for the best needs for the club. When asked about pursuing him in FA, GMTM specifically said that he can't speculate on that because of tampering rules.

3-4: KRIS BAKER TALKS SABRES' AND NHL DRAFT PROSPECTS ON WGR (23:29)

The conversation with Baker started out with discussion of Hudson Fasching.

@BuffNewsVogl

Matt Moulson's game, work ethic and contract have been troubling to the Sabres. http://sabres.buffalonews.com/2016/03/04/slumping-moulson-steps-up-workouts-for-sabres/

@TheBuffaloNews

Mike Harrington: Bylsma’s tactics as Sabres coach deserve scrutiny. http://sabres.buffalonews.com/2016/03/04/bylsmas-tactics-as-sabres-coach-deserve-scrutiny/

CcvbqEHWIAAFPRy.jpg
Edited by 26CornerBlitz

I don't see the Sabres bothering with McGinn. He's a pretty typical winger who will get a contract that will be above his production. He's not really good enough offensively to play Top 6 and he's not really good enough defensively and his contract will cost too much to have him play Bottom 6.