Sabres and NHL 2015-16

26CornerBlitz

Is the consensus that Eichel has hit the rookie wall? One goal in his last 13 games...

If anyone else on the team was scoring, I might assume that. But the Sabres as a team are not scoring goals, so I don't think it's the rookie wall, I think the team is just struggling.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@JourdonLaBarber

Lines at the skate:

Kane-Eichel-Reinhart

Foligno-Larsson-Gionta

Catenacci-O'Reilly-Girgensons

Deslauriers-Legwand-Moulson

Game Notes NHL Stats Press Clips

3-1: DAN BYLSMA TALKS TRADE DEADLINE ON WGR (17:24)

Bylsma on McDavid: "the tough thing for us tonight will be containing his speed for 60 minutes"
Edited by 26CornerBlitz

I wonder how many McDavid Sabres jerseys will be in the crowd....last season there were a lot...

I imagine quite a few with his family and former teammates from Erie being so close to Buffalo.

I hope our fans have more class than the fans in Edmonton who saw fit to boo Eichel when we played there. And for no other reason than he is an American player who had the temerity to be considered a good hockey player. I don't know anyone who ever thought he was as good an overall talent as McDavid coming out, but their fans are insecure about it anyway.

GO SABRES!!!

Here are the projected lineups:

OILERS

Taylor Hall - Leon Draisaitl - Zack Kassian

Nail Yakupov - Connor McDavid - Jordan Eberle

Lauri Korpikoski - Mark Letestu - Iiro Pakarainen

Matt Hendricks - Anton Lander - Adam Cracknell

Andrej Sekera - Mark Fayne

Darnell Nurse - Adam Clendening

Adam Pardy - Brandon Davidson

Cam Talbot

Laurent Brossoit

Injured: Oscar Klefbom (lower-body), Andrew Ference (hip), Ryan Nugent-Hopkins (hand), Eric Gryba (knee), Benoit Pouliot (shoulder)

Scratched: Nikita Nikitin, Luke Gazdic, Patrick Maroon

SABRES

Evander Kane - Jack Eichel - Sam Reinhart

Marcus Foligno - Johan Larsson - Brian Gionta

Dan Catenacci - Cal O'Reilly - Zemgus Girgensons

Nicolas Deslauriers - David Legwand - Matt Moulson

Josh Gorges - Rasmus Ristolainen

Jake McCabe - Zach Bogosian

Carlo Colaiacovo - Mark Pysyk

Robin Lehner

Chad Johnson

Injured: Cody Franson (neck), Ryan O'Reilly (right foot), Tyler Ennis (concussion), Cody McCormick (blood clot)

Scratched: None

Status Report: It's unclear whether Nikitin or Pardy will play for the Oilers on defense. Nikitin was one of the last players off the ice on Tuesday morning. He was recalled by the Oilers from Bakersfield of the AHL on Monday. Pardy was picked up off waivers from the Winnipeg Jets on Monday as well.

Who's Hot: Eberle has a two-game point streak with a goal and an assist.

@JaySkurski

BN Hockey: #Oilers rookie Connor McDavid calls Buffalo 'a second home' as he prepares to face #Sabres for first time http://sabres.buffalonews.com/2016/03/01/connor-mcdavid-calls-buffalo-a-second-home-as-he-prepares-to-face-sabres-for-first-time/

Is the consensus that Eichel has hit the rookie wall? One goal in his last 13 games...

The entire team can't score and hasn't all year. Everyone pretty much penciled in Ennis and Moulson for about 40 goals between them. They have 8. If we were getting average production with our goaltending we'd be fighting for a playoff spot.

The entire team can't score and hasn't all year. Everyone pretty much penciled in Ennis and Moulson for about 40 goals between them. They have 8. If we were getting average production with our goaltending we'd be fighting for a playoff spot.

Bingo. They were banking on that at a minimum. At this point in the season, they should have had 30 between them and I can only wonder what that would have meant in terms of wins.