Sabres and NHL 2015-16

26CornerBlitz

I agree that those two players not contributing were the difference from us not making the cut. But the reality for all teams in all sports is that the expectations entering the season rarely totally get fulfilled when the games are actually played.

Last year, Ennis was one of our best players on a team that was more of an AHL caliber of team. For the few games he played this year he struggled to fit in. With respect to Moulson he simply dropped off the cliff. When I watch him play his biggest need is not additional coaching but therapy to get his positive mind-set back. I'm sad for him and empathize with the torment he seems to be going through. Is he at the end of the line? He may be for us?

In my view getting a productive Ennis back next year would be a bonus. He certainly has offensive skills but you have to wonder if a change of scenery might do him some good.

Overall, I agree with your assessment that the Sabres have played better than anyone should have expected. I come to my assessment not so much from the jump in points but from the eye test. The quality of play isn't just better it is a quantum leap better. The core players are not only in place but they are at an age where there is still major room for growth. Next year with a positive cap situation pieces should be added that bolster the roster in general and give it enough depth to absorb injuries.

Dammit! This post has me ALL excited -and I'm at work..

I agree with you about Miulson. I think one of the craziest aspects of his story is that he has Eichel living with him.

Imagine how hard it must be coming home to his wife and kids, with them gushing over Jack's latest game-winning heroics, while he's mired in a season-long slump.

It's gotta be brutal.

True story; I texted the video of RJ calling Eichel's last second win to a buddy after the game. Turns out, my buddy was at Moulson' house with Eichel AND RJennerette! I told him to tell RJ Louisiana LOVES Him!.

RJ texted back 'Thank you!' I'll never wash my phone again!

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dammit! This post has me ALL excited -and I'm at work..

True story; I texted the video of RJ calling Eichel's last second win to a buddy after the game. Turns out, my buddy was at Moulson' house with Eichel AND RJennerette! I told him to tell RJ Louisiana LOVES Him!.

RJ texted back 'Thank you!' I'll never wash my phone again!

thats awesome story

3-15: DAN BYLSMA TALKS EICHEL, GOALIE PADS, AND MORE ON WGR (19:46)

Buffalo Sabres head coach Dan Bylsma on WGR NEXT

Bylsma on Ryan O'Reilly: "He's going forward like, at some point in time this week, he will return to play"

Bylsma on Evander Kane practicing with ROR: "Prior to Ryan's injury, Evander was playing with Ryan and doing well"

Bylsma: "We're taking a long term approach of where you might see our lines in the future"

Bylsma on reducing goalie equipment: "When there's a piece of equipment that people call a 'cheater' it should probably go away"

"There are individuals when you see them in their street clothes then when you see them in their gear...you know something fishy's going on"

Has anyone in the NHL ever tried getting one of those 1200 pound dudes that they have to crane out of their house and just putting pads on him and laying him down in front of the net?

Five hole my @^&.

crane23n-3-web.jpg

No! Because making fun of the obese is antiquated.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

No! Because making fun of the obese is antiquated.

Making fun? A 0.0 GAA is nothing to make fun of dude. What is maniac mullet's GAA? 6.4?

As for the "antiquated" comment, I answered that in one of the Rex threads and noticed you didn't reply. I took that for tacit agreement,. I'm assuming I was correct?

If not for the loss of the 40 goals they had penciled in between Ennis and Moulson, at least half of those one-goal games would have been decided in our favor and we already would have surpassed that 20 point improvement threshold and be contending for a playoff spot. Considering we got no help from what was expected to be 1/3 of our top six, we are doing far better than expected.

GO SABRES!!!

I'd imagine that the Lehner injury cost this team a few points too. Granted, they weren't scoring much most of the time, but he would have helped too.

Making fun? A 0.0 GAA is nothing to make fun of dude. What is maniac mullet's GAA? 6.4?

As for the "antiquated" comment, I answered that in one of the Rex threads and noticed you didn't reply. I took that for tacit agreement,. I'm assuming I was correct?

You should have taken it as me no longer caring about what you have to say on the matter and I have chosen to ignore the point. Someone else in that thread answered you in much the same way that I would have and there was no need for me to expound upon his response.

Your idea of an obese goaltender is just more silliness that doesn't merit any serious consideration.

Your idea of an obese goaltender is just more silliness that doesn't merit any serious consideration.

Well there was that story that Charles Wang wanted to tryout sumo wrestlers in net when he first bought the Islanders. I probably shouldn't throw this out there though in fear of feeding the beast.

You should have taken it as me no longer caring about what you have to say on the matter and I have chosen to ignore the point. Someone else in that thread answered you in much the same way that I would have and there was no need for me to expound upon his response.

The obese goaltender thing was clearly ingest even though the Sabres have issues in net. It was more speaking to Bylsma's comments on equipment and guys being much smaller in street clothes, joking that a larger guy would not need a "cheater".

Anyway I will keep the comments about Rex's antiquated defense out of this thread if you do. You brought it up. The 2016 defense will speak for itself an I hope you're right about it and I am wrong. Hope is all I have because anything tangible to hold on to is simply non-existant. You can care about it or not. Neither of us can do anything about it but watch.

The obese goaltender thing was clearly ingest even though the Sabres have issues in net. It was more speaking to Bylsma's comments on equipment and guys being much smaller in street clothes, joking that a larger guy would not need a "cheater".

Anyway I will keep the comments about Rex's antiquated defense out of this thread if you do. You brought it up. The 2016 defense will speak for itself an I hope you're right about it and I am wrong. Hope is all I have because anything tangible to hold on to is simply non-existant. You can care about it or not. Neither of us can do anything about it but watch.

Ingest? Did you eat it up? Seriously though, with some of the previous things you have posted, it would not be that difficult to think you were serious on this.

Has anyone in the NHL ever tried getting one of those 1200 pound dudes that they have to crane out of their house and just putting pads on him and laying him down in front of the net?

Five hole my @^&.

crane23n-3-web.jpg

No because all you'd have to do is go top shelf every time. Except the cookies are likely long gone.

Ingest? Did you eat it up? Seriously though, with some of the previous things you have posted, it would not be that difficult to think you were serious on this.

One of the meanings for the word ingest means to state something for fun. It derives from a belly laugh at the thought of a ridiculous notion. It also means to eat.

No because all you'd have to do is go top shelf every time. Except the cookies are likely long gone.

Dude could just pile his equipment on top of himself and take one for the team on low shots. He should wear the helmet and the cup though.

One of the meanings for the word ingest means to state something for fun. It derives from a belly laugh at the thought of a ridiculous notion. It also means to eat.

Dude could just pile his equipment on top of himself and take one for the team on low shots. He should wear the helmet and the cup though.

AFAIK that should be in jest as opposed to ingest.

I'd imagine that the Lehner injury cost this team a few points too. Granted, they weren't scoring much most of the time, but he would have helped too.

The organization seems intent on finding out how good Lehner is and is going to be. What has to remembered when evaluating him this year is that he is not fully healed from his high ankle sprain. It's won't completely heal until he has an offseason to rest it. I'm very glad that the organization didn't trade Johnson. He is a good safety valve goalie for us.

When GMTM made the trade for Lehner, he got a lot of flack. Nowadays, the hockey boards are generally conceding that Lehner may work out well. In addition to Johnson, who I agree is worth keeping, Ullmark has potential. We just signed Jason Kasdorf to an entry level contract. I am actually not worried about goaltending. We need a top LHD and a couple of top six wingers. Let's see what Fasching and Baptiste bring to the table. Maybe Ennis gets healthy and can contribute. Who knows on that? We have plenty of ammo to trade in the off-season and one more top of the draft add. How nice if the lottery worked in our favor the year the draft is in Buffalo.

Anyway, I agree the Sabres give one plenty of reason for optimism.

@BuffaloSabres

Kasdorf: It's a dream come true to be here, be part of this organization. This will be a great learning opportunity.

CdmkDYKWAAALrUI.jpg
Coach Bylsma: Kasdorf had a little bit of an injury, so he's rehabbing, but hopefully he'll be on the ice next few days. Will stay with us.
Bylsma says Kasdorf will practice w/ Sabres when healthy. He's heard very good things about him & his game. "Calm, confident, quiet goalie."
Ryan O'Reilly is likely to play tomorrow, per coach.

When GMTM made the trade for Lehner, he got a lot of flack. Nowadays, the hockey boards are generally conceding that Lehner may work out well. In addition to Johnson, who I agree is worth keeping, Ullmark has potential. We just signed Jason Kasdorf to an entry level contract. I am actually not worried about goaltending. We need a top LHD and a couple of top six wingers. Let's see what Fasching and Baptiste bring to the table. Maybe Ennis gets healthy and can contribute. Who knows on that? We have plenty of ammo to trade in the off-season and one more top of the draft add. How nice if the lottery worked in our favor the year the draft is in Buffalo.

Anyway, I agree the Sabres give one plenty of reason for optimism.

Good post. ,DanaInfo=forums.twobillsdrive.com+thumb