Sabres and NHL 2015-16

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hb9K6ARm_200x200.jpgVS. BLr4W-cC_200x200.png

cut.jpg

SABRES (29-34-10) at HURRICANES (31-27-14)

TUE MAR 22, 2016 @ 7:00 PM ET

TV: MSG-B/BELL TV

NHL.com Game Preview: Sabres expected to have Eichel vs. Hurricanes - Rookie forward missed previous game with illness; Murphy likely for Carolina

Season series: The Buffalo Sabres have defeated the Carolina Hurricanes twice at First Niagara Center, 4-1 on Nov. 27 and 3-2 in overtime on March 12. Center Jack Eichel has three goals for the Sabres and goalie Chad Johnson has two wins and a .948 save percentage. Forward Victor Rask leads the Hurricanes with two goals.

Sabres Digital Press Box Game Preview

CURRENT INJURIES – (Man Games Lost: 314)

Player (injury, first game missed) – total games missed
Cody McCormick (blood clot, Oct. 8; injured reserve) – 73 games
Tyler Ennis (upper body, Dec. 31; injured reserve) – 36 games
Cody Franson (neck, Feb. 21) – 14 games
Jason Kasdorf (lower body, March 16) – 3 games
Robin Lehner (ankle, March 18) – 2 games
Jack Eichel (illness, March 19) – 1 game

TRANSACTIONS IN PAST 7 DAYS
3/16: Activated F Ryan O’Reilly from IR; Assigned F Daniel Catenacci to Rochester (AHL)
3/18: Recalled D Chad Ruhwedel and G Nathan Lieuwen from Rochester (AHL)
3/19: Recalled F Daniel Catenacci from Rochester (AHL); Assigned D Chad Ruhwedel to Rochester (AHL)
3/20: Assigned F Daniel Catenacci to Rochester (AHL)
3/21: Signed F Hudson Fasching to an entry-level contract.

UPCOMING GAMES
Saturday, March 26: Winnipeg at Buffalo, 1 p.m.
Monday, March 28: Buffalo at Detroit, 7:30 p.m.
Tuesday, March 29: Buffalo at Pittsburgh, 7 p.m.
Thursday, March 31: Toronto at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Saturday, April 2: Buffalo at NY Rangers, 7 p.m.

TONIGHT’S GAME

SABRES at HURRICANES
This is the third and final meeting between the Sabres and Hurricanes this season.
Last meeting: Buffalo defeated Carolina, 3-2 (OT), in Buffalo on March 12
The Sabres are 5-5-0 in their last 10 games vs. the Hurricanes; 4-5-1 on the road.
This is the 195th game all-time between Buffalo and Carolina/Hartford; Buffalo has a 101-69-24 series record.
The Sabres are 43-38-16 on the road against the Hurricanes/Whalers all-time.

Morning Skate: March 22, 2016 from 11:30 AM – 12:30 PM at PNC Arena

@BuffaloSabres

The Sabres were back on the ice Monday, and there's some good news on Jack Eichel: http://bufsabres.co/y7mWxk

CeGHqngUMAARems.jpg

@BuffaloSabres

What was Nic Deslauriers so excited about at practice today? @duffersabres fills you in: http://bufsabres.co/RJ6AFg

Coach Bylsma provides updates on Jack Eichel, Cody Franson & Tyler Ennis: http://bufsabres.co/2Y4en4

CeGOGQJXIAI_E8f.jpg

Post-practice: Deslauriers http://bufsabres.co/QkwC2T

Gionta http://bufsabres.co/lN1DS2

Johnson http://bufsabres.co/P0edMQ

CeGPCTnWIAAZiDI.jpg
CeGPCZTWoAA4oT8.jpg
CeGPCgsWAAAiYe-.jpg

3-22: DAN BYLSMA TALKS HUDSON FASCHING AND MORE ON WGR (18:21)

Buffalo Sabres head coach Dan Bylsma on WGR

Bylsma on Hudson Fasching: "He's a big guy, 6-foot-2, who can skate pretty well.... a guy who has a nose for the net"

Bylsma: "There is a need for a big scoring winger, a guy that can put the puck in net"

More Re: Fasching: "Learning the pro game. Learning what it means to be a professional. He's a very good player, he's a top end prospect"

Bylsma on Eichel illness: "Jack is doing fine, he traveled with us and was fine."

@BuffaloSabres

GM Tim Murray on Fasching: "We believe he has the potential to be an effective NHL player & wanted to bring him in as soon as possible.”

Hudson Fasching signs his entry-level contract, via @GopherHockey. Welcome to Buffalo, @Hfasching22!

CeHUfrRW4AAmcRW.jpg

Call him Fast-Cha-Ching!

@Hfasching22

Extremely honored and excited to be a part of the @BuffaloSabres organization! Can't wait to see what the future holds!

They couldn't give the kid a chair? Terry is cheap.

That looks like the reception area. They didn't want to let him into the offices prior to signing the contract.

That looks like the reception area. They didn't want to let him into the offices prior to signing the contract.

Because he has his skates on... They would cut up the rug or leave marks.

;-) ;-)

This Hudson guy is all work! :-)

And if you notice... This looks like it was signed in Minn. He's @ the University of Minnesota. No?

111 players played in the NHL that went to University of Minnesota, ie: "Golden Gophers."

Is he 111 or 112... Seems like they have an easily chargeable counter... They must pump out the NHL players there. Wasn't Vanek a Gopher?

He was at the University of Minnesota when he signed that. He won't be in Buffalo until later today.

GO SABRES!!!

He was at the University of Minnesota when he signed that. He won't be in Buffalo until later today.

GO SABRES!!!

Good thing that Darcy isn't around to operate the fax machine, then.

Good thing that Darcy isn't around to operate the fax machine, then.

HaHa! Darcy was technically challenged. You can't send faxes to the league by shoving paper into the espresso machine and pressing the buttons.

GO SABRES!!!

HaHa! Darcy was technically challenged. You can't send faxes to the league by shoving paper into the espresso machine and pressing the buttons.

GO SABRES!!!

I know. He should have asked Whaley for tech tips.

What happened to that kid we signed a few years ago after his college season was over, in a similar way. He was from San Diego, which was getting a lot of publicity, and played pretty good, I thought. But, I have no idea who he is or what happened to him.

How many Raleigh based folks going tonight?

I'm there. I don't know where I'm sitting yet though because my brother bought them. He said something like 13 rows up.

What happened to that kid we signed a few years ago after his college season was over, in a similar way. He was from San Diego, which was getting a lot of publicity, and played pretty good, I thought. But, I have no idea who he is or what happened to him.

Ruhwedel?