Sabres and NHL 2015-16

26CornerBlitz

@CBSSportsNHL

NHL Rookie Power Rankings: Gostisbehere unseats Panarin at No. 1 in big shakeup at the top http://cbsprt.co/1R3xd9g

Cd2OxWRUYAA3epp.jpg
3. Jack Eichel, Buffalo Sabres (3): After busting out of a mini-slump with seven points over his last seven games, Eichel has a pretty good hold on second place in the rookie scoring race. The future Sabres star now has 22 goals and 48 points in 71 games. He continues to mature as well and an injury to Ryan O'Reilly has allowed the rookie to take on an even bigger role if only temporarily. After knocking down his ice time in the middle portion of the season, Eichel is back to averaging around 22 minutes per game and is ahead of all rookie forwards in average time on ice per game. Another key stat for Eichel is the amount of shots on net he is generating. He's poured 216 shots on net so far. If he keeps that up next season, he's likely to see more go in.
Honorable Mention: Sam Reinhart (Buffalo Sabres)

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@BuffaloSabres

Pregame comments from today's call-ups: Ruhwedel http://bufsabres.co/wCy5sj

Lieuwen http://bufsabres.co/abdmOF
Cd2oiAAWIAIHCMo.jpg
Cd2oh2bXEAAMy6u.jpg
@JoeYerdon

Here's a look at what's ahead when the Sabres host the Senators. #OTTvsBUF https://www.nhl.com/news/robin-lehner-of-sabres-out-vs-senators/c-279688082?tid=279659878

Here are the projected lineups:

SENATORS

Zack Smith - Jean-Gabriel Pageau - Mark Stone

Mike Hoffman - Mika Zibanejad - Alex Chiasson

Ryan Dzingel - Scott Gomez - Bobby Ryan

Nick Paul - Curtis Lazar -Chris Neil

Marc Methot - Erik Karlsson

Dion Phaneuf - Cody Ceci

Michael Kostka - Chris Wideman

Craig Anderson

Andrew Hammond

Injured: Mark Borowiecki (knee), Kyle Turris (ankle), Clarke MacArthur (concussion), Chris Phillips (back)

Scratched: Patrick Wiercioch, Matt Puempel

SABRES

Evander Kane - Ryan O'Reilly -Nicolas Deslauriers

Zemgus Girgensons - Jack Eichel - Sam Reinhart

Marcus Foligno - Johan Larsson - Brian Gionta

Cal O'Reilly - David Legwand - Matt Moulson

Josh Gorges - Rasmus Ristolainen

Jake McCabe - Zach Bogosian

Mark Pysyk - Chad Ruhwedel

Chad Johnson

Nathan Lieuwen

Injured: Robin Lehner (ankle), Carlo Colaiacovo (lower body), Jason Kasdorf (groin), Cody Franson (neck), Tyler Ennis (concussion), Cody McCormick (blood clot)

Scratched: None

Status Update: Bylsma said Franson has not been skating. He's been out since he was injured against the Columbus Blue Jackets on Feb. 19. He last skated in Anaheim on Feb. 23.

Who's Hot: Stone has two goals and six assists during a six-game point streak. … Zibanejad has two goals and one assist during a two-game point streak. … Foligno has goals in two straight games.

@BuffaloSabres

Nic Deslauriers' pregame comments: http://bufsabres.co/3qq71B

#OTTvsBUF
Cd23yrAW8AQZ4KZ.jpg

@Dan_Dunleavy gets you ready for tonight's game: http://bufsabres.co/opODEr

#OTTvsBUF

Cd25idgW8AA-Nb7.jpg

I've gotta admit, I'm a little jealous watching Eichel and Reinhart. I was ecstatic that the Sens made the push last year to make the playoffs, but as we are probably going to miss this year, part of me wishes we went in the tank last year too. Stone looking like a star in the making has been a decent consolation, but Eichel is special. He's gotten stronger as the season has gone on which is really impressive. When the Sabres are dominating the league in a few years, I'll hate them, but right now it's fun watching young talent like that.

Enjoy another great look at Eichel the Ankle Breaker.

FrankEnchantedAnemoneshrimp.gif

Chris Neil is still an enormous piece of ****.

Nothing new about that D-Bag showing his ass.

Phaneuf showing what a jackass he is by head hunting on Reinhart. Someone should have beat his ass for that.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

@BuffaloSabres

Bogosian on #15, #23: Very mature. Beyond their years. Going to be a big part of our team for a long time to come; we're lucky to have them.

@HarrisonBacon

The Eichel, Reinhart and Gergensons line was clicking. Bogosian has really elevated his game. I thought Ruhwedel played well for a call up.

O'Reilly, Kane and Bogosian were traded for. Considering what was sent out and what we got in return it was a decisive positive for us. The Lehnerd deal can be graded as an incomplete so far but I think it is going to materialize into a strong positive for us.

I'm very glad that Chad Johnson wasn't dealt.

@BuffaloSabres

Bogosian on #15, #23: Very mature. Beyond their years. Going to be a big part of our team for a long time to come; we're lucky to have them.

@HarrisonBacon

Chris Neil going after a defenseless Jack Eichel @JeremyWGR @Bulldogwgr

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/711004745436176384/pu/vid/1280x720/mPwlnBtld45HOBl6.mp4

What a jackass. I hope they nail him when the teams play again. I've had a chance to see a few games lately and Eichel is the goods.

@BuffaloSabres

@HarrisonBacon

Holy crap. Pegula better hand that tape personally to Bettman.

That's beyond dirty. Kaleta was suspended for lesser offenses

No problem with Kane running around trying to break every guys arm the other night with his crosscheck/bodychecks ? He was out of control dirty and not just on one play.

They do. Doesn't make what he did right. Neil should be punished.

He might be.

No problem with Kane running around trying to break every guys arm the other night with his crosscheck/bodychecks ? He was out of control dirty and not just on one play.

He might be.

... and Billy Smith taped his stick just because he liked to have more control of the puck, right?

This is still a game played by tough guys, but there are a few things that cross the line, like kneeing a guy in the face when he's prone.

Bettman needs to put a stop to this or owners will start loading up on more goons to protect the stars.

... and Billy Smith taped his stick just because he liked to have more control of the puck, right?

This is still a game played by tough guys, but there are a few things that cross the line, like kneeing a guy in the face when he's prone.

Bettman needs to put a stop to this or owners will start loading up on more goons to protect the stars.

Did Jack leave in a whaaaambulance?

trying to break guys arms is ok though right?

and I did not see a knee to the face?

Edited by thebug

Are you retarded? Are you condoning kneeing a player when he's down? Did anyone say it was Ok to break someone's arms?

I think you are judging by your hockey knowledge...

I said you guys are homers because you whine about everything the other team does, but fail to mention the dirty cheap shots from your own guys.

What was the response from the Sabres?

What the !@#$ does that even mean?

I made a simple, easily proven statement about Chris Neil. Last night's "incident" is pretty much the norm for him throughout his career. Somehow that turns into a "homer" thing because I didn't complain about something some Sabre did at some other time. Are you Chris Neil's bottom?

I also didn't like Risto's cross check to Bobby Ryan's ribs. Given that Risto has about 60 PIMS for his career and Chris Neil has 2400+. I'm going to turn a homer eye to it and chalk it up to something the television didn't show me. I'm not going to give Chris Neil the same benefit of the doubt because pretty much his entire game is based on all the **** he's pulled in the past, including almost taking Chris Drury's head off. If the NHL suspended Risto for a game or two because of it, I wouldn't have a problem with it (despite my obvious homerism).

Once again the toothless, gutless NHL officiating crew didn't have the stones to even call a penalty on Neil, much less throw him out of the game. The fact that the linesman standing 10 feet away didn't have the balls to call the major that he saw means once again, Neil will continue his behavior and at some point seriously injure another player.

The NHL doesn't protect its players in a meaningful way. It's been a problem for pretty much the entire tenure of the Lawn Gnome.

hb9K6ARm_200x200.jpgVS. iQNn4i2j_200x200.jpg

cut.jpg

SABRES (29-33-10) at MAPLE LEAFS (24-35-11)

SAT MAR 19, 2016 @ 7:00 PM ET

TV: MSG-B/CBC/CITY

NHL.com Game Preview: Sabres might start Johnson against Maple Leafs - Buffalo goalie could play back-to-back nights; Laich, Komarov out for Toronto

Season series: The Buffalo Sabres have defeated the Toronto Maple Leafs twice in a shootout, 2-1 at Buffalo on Oct. 21 and 4-3 at Toronto on March 7. Buffalo forward Evander Kane tied each game with a third-period goal; the first was his first goal for the Sabres. The teams play again March 31.

Sabres Digital Press Box Game Preview

CURRENT INJURIES – (Man Games Lost: 306)

Player (injury, first game missed) – total games missed
Cody McCormick (blood clot, Oct. 8; injured reserve) – 72 games
Tyler Ennis (upper body, Dec. 31; injured reserve) – 35 games
Cody Franson (neck, Feb. 21) – 13 games
Robin Lehner (ankle, March 18) – 1 game
Carlo Colaiacovo (lower body, March 18) – 1 game

TRANSACTIONS IN PAST 7 DAYS
3/14: Signed G Jason Kasdorf to an entry-level contract
3/16: Activated F Ryan O’Reilly from IR; Assigned F Daniel Catenacci to Rochester (AHL)
3/18: Recalled D Chad Ruhwedel and G Nathan Lieuwen from Rochester (AHL)

UPCOMING GAMES
Tuesday, March 22: Buffalo at Carolina, 7 p.m.
Saturday, March 26: Winnipeg at Buffalo, 1 p.m.
Monday, March 28: Buffalo at Detroit, 7:30 p.m.
Tuesday, March 29: Buffalo at Pittsburgh, 7 p.m.
Thursday, March 31: Toronto at Buffalo, 7 p.m.

TONIGHT’S GAME

SABRES at MAPLE LEAFS
This is the third of four meetings between the Sabres and Maple Leafs this season.
Last meeting: Buffalo defeated Toronto, 4-3 (SO), in Toronto on March 7
Next meeting: Thursday, March 31 in Toronto
The Sabres are 5-2-3 in their last 10 games vs. the Maple Leafs; 2-5-3 on the road
This is the 200th game all-time between Buffalo and Toronto; Buffalo has a 110-63-26 series record.
The Sabres are 43-38-18 on the road against the Maple Leafs all-time.

Morning Skate: March 19, 2016 from 11:30 AM – 12:30 PM at Air Canada Centre

You guys are such homers it's funny. No Sabres ever do anything dirty?

No one is condoning sabres players right now. Were pissed at Neil for once again being a piece of **** and mauling eichel after a play while he's down. Effing Bush league bull ****. I hate the the nhl allows 4th line goons to attack star players. Crosby will never amount to what he should have been because of it and the league is worse off because of it.

Edited by drinkTHEkoolaid

I said you guys are homers because you whine about everything the other team does, but fail to mention the dirty cheap shots from your own guys.

They won the game.

Chris Neil didn't play one shift after kneeing Eichel. Sabers didn't have a chance to send anyone after him.