Sabres and NHL 2015-16

26CornerBlitz

In this game Kane seemed to be better integrated with his line mates. In the prior games it was evident that he possessed high end skills but was a lone ranger player. In this game he played played well within his unit. The line of Kane, O'Reilly and Rhinehart is good now and should get better as the players get more familiar with each other.

In the Detroit game Ristol and Kane were the best players on the ice.

I really noticed the beginnings of this in the previous few games where he set up Eichel for a couple of high quality scoring chances and he had two assists in the game before last night. He's really coming on strong along with Ristolainen and Reinhart.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moral victory - coming back from 3-1 deficit in a tough away game. Little things are coming into place. I don't remember the last time Sabres could just pepper shots in the offensive zone like they did for a long stretch in the first period. And many were good quality chances. Just a matter of time until it really starts to click. Goaltending is still unreliable, though.

I really notice the beginnings of this in the previous few games where he set up Eichel for a couple of high quality scoring chances and he had two assists in the game before last night. He's really coming on strong along with Ristolainen and Reinhart.

WGR was talking about how Gionta has not been producing and is simply a drag on offense. He is a high character player who is nothing more than a grinder at this very late stage of his career. A more offensive minded player would enhance Eichel and put him in a better position to score. I also get the sense that Moulson is at the end of the line. If he doesn't score around the net, which he isn't, then he is mostly a non-contributor.

O'reilly is one of the best two way players in the league. The statistics he garners as impressive as they may be do not tell the full story how much he contributes to this team.

It's amazing how much a leap forward the Sabres have made from last year to this year. They are a fun team to watch. I consider them a fringe playoff team that will be in the hunt to the end of the season.

WGR was talking about how Gionta has not been producing and is simply a drag on offense. He is a high character player who is nothing more than a grinder at this very late stage of his career. A more offensive minded player would enhance Eichel and put him in a better position to score. I also get the sense that Moulson is at the end of the line. If he doesn't score around the net, which he isn't, then he is mostly a non-contributor.

O'reilly is one of the best two way players in the league. The statistics he garners as impressive as they may be do not tell the full story how much he contributes to this team.

It's amazing how much a leap forward the Sabres have made from last year to this year. They are a fun team to watch. I consider them a fringe playoff team that will be in the hunt to the end of the season.

I was going bring up Gionta, but I can't really B word about this team after what we've seen that past few years. To me Gionta is terrible on the ice, he's probably a great leader off the ice, but he seems to be a liability when he's out there. I can't believe he started the OT, but I will assume DB knows more than I do and that there is much more to his game than meets the eye. I would have started Kane, O'reilly, and Risto. Kane was flying yesterday and those 3 would have been exciting...

Edited by ricojes

I was going bring up Gionta, but I can't really B word about this team after what we've seen that past few years. To me Gionta is terrible on the ice, he's probably a great leader off the ice, but he seems to be a liability when he's out there. I can't believe he started the OT, but I will assume DB knows more than I do and that there is much more to his game than meets the eye. I would have started Kane, O'reilly, and Risto. Kane was flying yesterday and those 3 would have been exciting...

It's difficult to criticize such a heart and soul player. But from an offensive standpoint he has little left to contribute. He is still a responsible player from a defensive standpoint but when the play is in the offensive zone he lacks potency and is not a threat. To a lesser degree Moulson is a diminishing player who is not doing much to enhance the play of Eichel.

The core of this team is very young. O'Reilly, Risto, Eichel, Rhinehert, Pysek, Kane, McCabe will be getting better together. So the future is bright. They not only are going to be good together but they are fun to watch.

Gionta is clearly in decline and the penalty he took late in the game to put the Wings on the PP was horrid. I can't stand it when Disco Dan puts Gionta and Georges on the ice for OT in the 3 on 3 format. :sick:

When are leagues going to realize how stupid fan voting is? Actually, a better question might be when they will realize how pointless the all star game itself is.

@Sportsnet

The history of hockey cards: @SNKenReid leads you through the rich 80-year history of hockey card collecting.

https://amp.twimg.com/prod/multibr_v_1/video/2015/12/02/17/eaf22a7c-11ca-4efb-a54c-2e14b6fac4b7-libx264-main-2028k.mp4?SpKGGd1Ym3GaiM5S4p%2FNo2ldn%2F8K%2FLVZCupuJYj%2FlHE%3D

The history of hockey cards

Connor McDavid and Jack Eichel are igniting the hockey card hobby a blaze, but before this rich crop of stars had their special pieces of cardboard, there is complex history spanning 80 years.

@YahooSports

John Scott and 2016 NHL All-Star Game: Why fans must make this happen, by @Wyshynski. http://yhoo.it/1QU27RY

CVPQ8uEWEAAFEXT.jpg
Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Glad I'm not the only one looking at 12 out there and thinking, wtf?

You want 12 to lick his game up , just get fans to cheer when the other team scores. Seemed to motivate him last year to become an offensive juggernaught down the stretch.

And yes, I am still pissed at him.

@Sportsnet

The NHL Power Rankings: Interesting tidbit edition! A fresh "Did you know" for all 30 teams. http://ow.ly/VqGyh

CVTsdLaW4AAg0hy.jpg

@BuffNewsVogl

Sabres Notes: Moulson watches goal slump hit 13 games; Ullmark angry at himself; Girgensons doesn't want votes. http://sabres.buffalonews.com/2015/12/02/sabres-notebook-slumping-moulson-not-scoring-so-he-sits/

Evander Kane has three goals and five points in the last four games, but numbers tell only part of the story. http://sabres.buffalonews.com/2015/12/02/kanes-speed-physical-style-come-together-for-sabres/

@jprutherford

BREAKING: 2018 World Junior Championships will be in Buffalo. USA Hockey to announce its decision on Friday. #stlblues

@usahockey

USA Hockey will make a major announcement in Buffalo tomorrow at 3 p.m. ET. Watch live on the @NHLNetwork. http://bit.ly/1N5zNWG

@StepnerWKBW

BREAKING: USA Hockey will make "major announcement" inside Ralph Wilson Stadium Friday. Terry Pegula, Russ Brandon to attend. #Sabres #Bills

@BuffaloSabres

Lines at practice:

Kane-O'Reilly-Reinhart

Larsson-Girgensons-Moulson

Gionta-Eichel-McGinn

Deslauriers-Legwand/Schaller-Foligno

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?!

@TBNSports

Outdoor game expected to be part of Buffalo's hosting of 2018 World Junior Championships http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/buffalo-wins-bid-to-host-2018-world-junior-championships-20151203

CVUSuJmUwAAhOHN.jpg