Sabres and NHL 2015-16

26CornerBlitz

Do the Canes have much of a following in Carolina? It seems that when the Sabres play them at their place the facility is filled with more Buffalo fans?

There are a lot of snow birds down south from Buffalo. When I was stationed down there I would go to all the Sabres/Hurricanes games in NC. Proudly wearing my Sabres jersey.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only when they're winning Stanley Cups. And even then it's probably 20% Sabres fans.

Florida has even a more tepid fan support. It's a shame that a fervent hockey market such as Quebec doesn't have a team while markets such as Carolina, Phoenix and especially Florida have franchises located in their respective markets. Size of the TV markets and the value of the dollar trump fan interest and support. I'm glad that Winnipeg retrieved its team from Atlanta. The fan base there was so disinterested it probably didn't notice that the team moved.

CU51lxGXAAAqp3P.jpg

SABRES (9-12-2) at PREDATORS (12-6-4)

SAT NOV 28, 2015 @ 8:00 PM ET

TV: MSG-B/BELL TV

NHL.com Game Preview: Predators host Sabres to open homestand

Sabres Digital Press Box Game Preview

CURRENT INJURIES – (Man Games Lost: 110)

Player (injury, first game missed) – total games missed

Cody McCormick (blood clot, Oct. 8; injured reserve) – 23 games

Robin Lehner (high ankle sprain, Oct. 10; injured reserve) – 22 games

Mike Weber (knee, Nov. 10) – 9 games

Mark Pysyk (bone bruise, Nov. 19; injured reserve) – 5 games

Tyler Ennis (upper body, Nov. 25; injured reserve) – 2 games

TRANSACTIONS IN PAST 7 DAYS

11/22: Placed F Zemgus Girgensons on IR (retroactive to 11/14)

11/25: Activated F Zemgus Girgensons from IR; placed D Mark Pysyk on IR (retroactive to 11/17)

11/27: Activated D Mike Weber from IR; Placed F Tyler Ennis on IR (retroactive to 11/25)

UPCOMING GAMES

Tuesday, Dec. 1: Buffalo at Detroit, 7:30 p.m.

Friday, Dec. 4: Arizona at Buffalo, 7 p.m.

Sunday, Dec. 6: Buffalo at Edmonton, 8 p.m.

Monday, Dec. 7: Buffalo at Vancouver, 10 p.m.

Thursday, Dec. 10: Buffalo at Calgary, 9 p.m.

TODAY’S GAME

SABRES at PREDATORS

This is the second of two meetings between the Sabres and Predators this season.

Last meeting: Nashville defeated Buffalo, 3-2, in Buffalo on November 28

The Sabres are 3-7-0 in their last 10 games vs. the Predators; 6-4-0 on the road.

This is the 21st game all-time between Buffalo and Nashville; Buffalo has a 7-10-3 series record.

The Sabres are 6-4-0 on the road against the Predators all-time.

Here are the projected lineups:

SABRES

Evander KaneRyan O'ReillySam Reinhart

Matt MoulsonJack EichelBrian Gionta

Nicolas DesLauriersZemgus GirgensonsMarcus Foligno

Jamie McGinnTim SchallerDavid Legwand

Josh GorgesRasmus Ristolainen

Jake McCabeZach Bogosian

Carlo ColaiacovoCody Franson

Linus Ullmark

Chad Johnson

Injured: Tyler Ennis (upper body), Mike Weber (Knee), Mark Pysyk (lower body), Patrick Kaleta (knee), Robin Lehner (ankle), Cody McCormick (illness)

Scratched: Johan Larsson

PREDATORS

Filip ForsbergMike RibeiroJames Neal

Colin WilsonMike FisherCraig Smith

Eric NystromCalle JarnkrokViktor Arvidsson

Cody HodgsonColton SissonsAustin Watson

Roman JosiShea Weber

Mattias EkholmRyan Ellis

Barret JackmanSeth Jones

Carter Hutton

Pekka Rinne

Injured: Paul Gaustad (upper body), Gabriel Bourque (upper body), Miikka Salomaki (undisclosed)

Scratched: Anthony Bitetto, Victor Bartley

Status report: Both teams played Friday and didn't hold a morning skate Saturday. … Bourque was injured Friday so it is likely the Predators will call up forward Viktor Arvidsson from Milwaukee of the American Hockey League. … Johnson started for the Sabres against the Hurricanes and made 27 saves.

Who's hot: Eichel has two goals in his past two games and leads the Sabres with eight goals. … Fisher has two goals in his past two games.

i did not see last night game...wont see tonight's until early tomorrow morning...but sounds like they finally got some puck luck last night. Here hoping the hockey gods are intent on evening things out and we get a roll of games with 3+ goals!!!

The roll has begun...

@BuffNewsVogl

Carlo Colaiacovo felt the pain of a cross-check to the throat. Sabres made sure to make the Predators hurt, too. http://sabres.buffalonews.com/2015/11/28/quick-hits-sabres-4-predators-1/

Carlo was taken to the hospital where it was diagnosed that he had a dented trachea. The beginning of the below link has Bylsma describing the injury. Fortunately the injury could have been much worse.

http://media.wgr550.com/a/111354024/11-28-dan-bylsma-postgame.htm

note: Just an observation and not trying to start an argument/discussion on contrasting post game interview styles. Without a doubt Dan Bylsma gives a much more professional, mature, composed and informative post game interview than the more loquacious Rex Ryan does.

Carlo was taken to the hospital where it was diagnosed that he had a dented trachea. The beginning of the below link has Bylsma describing the injury. Fortunately the injury could have been much worse.

http://media.wgr550.com/a/111354024/11-28-dan-bylsma-postgame.htm

note: Just an observation and not trying to start an argument/discussion on contrasting post game interview styles. Without a doubt Dan Bylsma gives a much more professional, mature, composed and informative post game interview than the more loquacious Rex Ryan does.

Hockey's 82 game schedule kind of lends itself to that. Every football game is like a "do or die" event so it's pretty rare for the press conferences to be anything but raw.

I will say that Bylsma's a much different cat than Rex because he seems far more adaptable to the way the game changes and how he actually affects the outcomes. I think he's just scratching the surface of what he's going to do here.

@WGR550

Ristolainen showing why the Sabres wanted him badly http://bit.ly/1LIXTVt

The development of Rasmus Ristolainen is showing why the Sabres draft table was so happy when Nashville took Seth Jones at number four in the draft leaving Ristolainen on the board.

The next defenseman off the board was Darnell Nurse by the Oilers at seven and then Buffalo got its man at eight.

The 21 year old leads Buffalo in ice time averaging 24:05 per game.

He is also second in scoring with 14 points in 24 games. Nine of those points have come in his last 11 games and the kid said there is a reason for it, “It’s pretty much mental, you’ve got to be ready every game, you’ve got to be ready to work and so far it’s be good and I need to continue that.”

Just so i know...are we not pissed at no response because they put 2 in the net after the cross check?

If we had not scored....would we be saying same old soft, gutless, Sabre team?

I don't think this team is soft at all. They hit and they stick up for each other at appropriate times. I don't think they should have bothered escalating because the guy who did it got the gate already.

The best response in any game is to win. Always has been, always will be.

Hockey's 82 game schedule kind of lends itself to that. Every football game is like a "do or die" event so it's pretty rare for the press conferences to be anything but raw.

I will say that Bylsma's a much different cat than Rex because he seems far more adaptable to the way the game changes and how he actually affects the outcomes. I think he's just scratching the surface of what he's going to do here.

As like you I'm very impressed with Bylsma. He is not inflexible to any particular system or to the way he evaluates players. He is constantly assessing the play of his players and the mixture of players on the lines and defensive pairings. The Sabres are very fortunate to have such a good coach. As time goes on this team is going to get better and much of it will be due to having the right coach in place. Coaching matters!

I don't think this team is soft at all. They hit and they stick up for each other at appropriate times. I don't think they should have bothered escalating because the guy who did it got the gate already.

The best response in any game is to win. Always has been, always will be.

I don't either, and i like Bylsma did not think the hit intentional. Just wondering if the "code" guys would have been up in arms if we did not score.