Sabres and NHL 2015-16

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure I am in the minority but the outdoor hockey games have run its course and lost some of its luster. I'm not against it but it should be done less often. The novelty of it has been exhausted.

The Pegulas have done a terrific job in making Buffalo a hockey destination. The hotels and restaurants should be grateful for such a visionary developer whose exploits benefit the region.

I'm sure I am in the minority but the outdoor hockey games have run its course and lost some of its luster. I'm not against it but it should be done less often. The novelty of it has been exhausted.

The Pegulas have done a terrific job in making Buffalo a hockey destination. The hotels and restaurants should be grateful for such a visionary developer whose exploits benefit the region.

Nah, I agree. When it was once a year, in a historic hockey city, it was cool. But when they're doing like 6 or seven like they've been doing, and having one in friggin' LA, it's time to cut it back.

You want 12 to lick his game up , just get fans to cheer when the other team scores. Seemed to motivate him last year to become an offensive juggernaught down the stretch.

And yes, I am still pissed at him.

Yup

CVYpcYWUAAAjnUk.jpg

COYOTES (13-11-1) at SABRES (10-12-3)

FRI DEC 4, 2015 @ 7:00 PM ET

TV: MSG-B/BELL TV

NHL.com Game Preview: Coyotes, coming off loss, visit Sabres

Sabres Digital Press Box Game Preview

CURRENT INJURIES – (Man Games Lost: 120)

Player (injury, first game missed) – total games missed
Cody McCormick (blood clot, Oct. 8; injured reserve) – 25 games
Robin Lehner (high ankle sprain, Oct. 10; injured reserve) – 24 games
Mike Weber (knee, Nov. 10) – 11 games
Mark Pysyk (bone bruise, Nov. 19; injured reserve) – 7 games
Tyler Ennis (upper body, Nov. 25; injured reserve) – 4 games

TRANSACTIONS IN PAST 7 DAYS
12/3: Assigned F Tim Schaller to Rochester (AHL)

UPCOMING GAMES
Sunday, Dec. 6: Buffalo at Edmonton, 8 p.m.
Monday, Dec. 7: Buffalo at Vancouver, 10 p.m.
Thursday, Dec. 10: Buffalo at Calgary, 9 p.m.
Saturday, Dec. 12: Los Angeles at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Monday, Dec. 14: Buffalo at Detroit, 7:30 p.m.

TODAY’S GAME

COYOTES at SABRES
This is the first of two meetings between the Sabres and Coyotes this season.
Last meeting: Buffalo defeated Arizona, 4-1, in Arizona on March 30
Next meeting: Monday, Jan. 18 in Arizona
The Sabres are 8-1-1 in their last 10 games vs. the Coyotes; 3-5-2 at home.
This is the 73rd game all-time between Buffalo and Arizona; Buffalo has a 42-21-9 series record.
The Sabres are 23-7-7 at home against the Coyotes all-time.

12-3: RYAN O'REILLY TALKS ABOUT HIS HOT START ON WGR (10:14)

12-3: MARTY BIRON ON WGR (13:56)

I agree, to a point. But I have said it before: If these were a one time a year or less... we would never see one played in WNY again. So it is kind of a necessary evil for us.

Was just looking at the schedule and looks like we are playing Edmonton Sunday night...

so on the same day i can see the Bills season crash again in early December and be miserable

and then see McEichel play and if the Sabres win be high as a kite...

ahh poop, just remembered McDavid is hurt right?

.sheesh what a day it can be!

I am going to be very disappointed if the Sabres do not get at least 3 points this weekend.

Edited by plenzmd1

Was just looking at the schedule and looks like we are playing Edmonton Sunday night...

so on the same day i can see the Bills season crash again in early December and be miserable

and then see McEichel play and if the Sabres win be high as a kite...

ahh poop, just remembered McDavid is hurt right?

.sheesh what a day it can be!

I am going to be very disappointed if the Sabres do not get at least 3 points this weekend.

Same goes for the Bills.

Hey, I just realized -- this weekend the Sabres play in a mini McEichel tournament (Arizona-Edmonton). Hilarious.

@NHL

LIVE STREAM: @usahockey to announce host of the 2018 IIHF World Junior Championship. http://s.nhl.com/6015BTEsS

#WorldJuniors

@BuffaloSabres

OFFICIAL: 2018 @IIHFHockey World Jr. Championship will be in Buffalo! #WJCinBUF Learn more: http://buffaloworldjuniors.com

https://amp.twimg.com/v/aabcb552-ff2f-4138-9877-2fb5c9798816

Here are the projected lineups:

COYOTES

Tobias Rieder - Martin Hanzal - Anthony Duclair

Max Domi - Antoine Vermette - Mikkel Boedker

Jordan Martinook - Dustin Jeffrey - Steve Downie

Brad Richardson - Boyd Gordon - Kyle Chipchura

Oliver Ekman-Larsson - Michael Stone

Nicklas Grossmann - Connor Murphy

Klas Dahlbeck - Stefan Elliott

Mike Smith

Anders Lindback

Injured: Joe Vitale (fractured orbital bone), Shane Doan (lower body), Zbynek Michalek (illness)

Scratched: Craig Cunningham, John Scott

SABRES

Evander Kane - Ryan O'Reilly - Sam Reinhart

Jamie McGinn - Jack Eichel - Brian Gionta

Matt Moulson - Zemgus Girgensons - Johan Larsson

Nicolas Deslauriers - David Legwand - Marcus Foligno

Josh Gorges - Rasmus Ristolainen

Carlo Colaiacovo - Zach Bogosian

Jake McCabe - Cody Franson

Chad Johnson

Linus Ullmark

Injured: Mike Weber (knee), Tyler Ennis (upper body), Mark Pysyk (lower body), Robin Lehner (ankle), Cody McCormick (blood clot)

Scratched: None

Status Update: If Doan plays, Downie could come out of the lineup. Downie returned from a 10-game absence because of an upper-body injury Thursday and Tippett could opt to rest Downie rather than play him in back-to-back games. … The Sabres sent forward Tim Schaller to Rochester of the American Hockey League on Thursday.

Who's Hot: Ekman-Larsson has one goal and one assist in the past two games. … McGinn has one goal and three assists in the past three games. … Kane has two goals and two assists in the past two games. … Moulson has three assists in the past three games. … O'Reilly has one goal and two assists in the past two games.