Leodis Update: Activated to the 53 - CB or Safety?

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with the coverage and ball skills. Maybe not so much with reading plays (a new system that he hasn't played yet) and tackling.

while he is yet to play in the system, he did play in Pettine's which has similarities. And he's been with the team day in and day out through OTAs, TC, every meeting, every game, etc.

From the Buffalo News:

Veteran Corey Graham made the transition from cornerback to safety this year. Graham had the luxury of preparing for the switch through an entire training camp, but is ready to give McKelvin a crash course if necessary.

“It’ll work. Especially in this defense, you’re going to be doing a lot of covering anyway, so I’m pretty sure the more cover guys you have out there, the better,” Graham said. “He’s a pretty smart guy. He picks up things well. He knows the defense, so I’m not too worried about that aspect of it.”

Oh no...we are screwed...

I still don't get the safety talk. He is a more useful upgrade in the slot right out of the gate than playing safety for the first time in his life. McKelvin playing press man and blitzing from the slot just sounds right to me.

For me it's because Robey can flat play. Rambo and Duke, not so much. Like Graham said in a quote, the safeties play a lot of man coverage in this D comparatively.

For me it's because Robey can flat play. Rambo and Duke, not so much. Like Graham said in a quote, the safeties play a lot of man coverage in this D comparatively.

Rambo and Duke struggle in the secondary at times due to mental errors. I just don't see McKelvin playing a brand new spot and not having some major mental gaffes for an extended period of time. I'd rather see 3 shutdown corners playing press man successfully with Robey as the 4th db, and allow the safeties to worry about one less guy to cover more often than not. I guess we'll see. One thing is for sure. We can all agree that they need Leodis on the field, someway, somehow.

Rambo and Duke struggle in the secondary at times due to mental errors. I just don't see McKelvin playing a brand new spot and not having some major mental gaffes for an extended period of time. I'd rather see 3 shutdown corners playing press man successfully with Robey as the 4th db, and allow the safeties to worry about one less guy to cover more often than not. I guess we'll see. One thing is for sure. We can all agree that they need Leodis on the field, someway, somehow.

Another thing we can agree on: to be the man, ya gotta beat the man. Also, real men wear kilts.

You may be right, who knows. I tend to think McKelvin, even if he makes some errors, could fare a lot better than Rambo. though I do not think Leo's as good a fit at safety as Graham or AW. I really like Robey in the slot except against certain teams who can exploit him.

Another thing we can agree on: to be the man, ya gotta beat the man. Also, real men wear kilts.

You may be right, who knows. I tend to think McKelvin, even if he makes some errors, could fare a lot better than Rambo. though I do not think Leo's as good a fit at safety as Graham or AW. I really like Robey in the slot except against certain teams who can exploit him.

Whhhooooo!!!

unfinished business. He's been waiting a whole year to beat that azz.

:lol: Yep....Period Point Blank!

@JoeBuscaglia

During positional drills, McKelvin was working w/ the safeties. And, he celebrated a good rep in his own Leodis way

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/661959602968248320/pu/vid/1280x720/BkD86vjCh_7OosqU.mp4