Problems at the Ralph

vegas55

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Next week, I'm going to my first Bills home game since 1998 1988 and would appreciate any advice on best food, beer lines, what should we see (I'd like to visit the new RW statue, etc).

Best lot to park?

My advice is to get to the gates late, pick the longest line, and then B word about it after when you miss the start of the game.

Get to a gate at 12:30. No problem. If you stand out there drinking until 12:45 you are not getting to your seat in time

Exactly!

:lol::lol: I need you tomorrow morning when my teenage son gets off to High School! He just isn't getting it! :doh: Oh wait, he's 17!

I went in that gate... Gate 3.... It took 45+ minutes to get in... Ridiculous!!!!!

Was that the proper gate stamped on your ticket! If not.... Oooooo you are so in TROUBLE! :nana:

My advice is to get to the gates late, pick the longest line, and then B word about it after when you miss the start of the game.

:lol::lol:

Wait! My son used that excuse why he got detention last week!

Everybody goes to 2 gates. There are more gates, y'all! Also, it's 2015... they need to do security checks, and even more of them. Jesus, someone had a gun and fired it the parking lot just yesterday. I hope they step it up, not down. Get there by noon and you won't have a problem.

omg I hope you are joking. More security. The imaginary terrorists won

Walked up to the gate at 1230 there was a very long line and I was at my seat by 1240

At 12:10, gate 7. Walked right up to security, got wanded and into the stadium in under a minute. Grow up and get to the gate earlier.

basically this.

You have to responsibly end the tailgate earlier. Makes it stress free. I was in line about 6 people deep, took about 2 minutes, and was in my seat with about 30 minutes to go until kickoff.

Entered gate 7 at 12:30, took about 5 minutes to get through. Any one go through the gates with the metal detectors?

Yep. Not good. Got to it at 12:25. Walked through it at 12:58. It was a huge mob of people but I wanted to try it myself to report back to the Fan Advisory Board and I expected it to move quicker than it did. One issue was that there was a space between the suite entry points and the regulars that didn't have detectors. All of the people in front of that space had to merge in to the other lines.

Also not a huge fan of the 'no drinking or smoking in line' rules, being told to dispose of stuff, even water, immediately.

The new gate are much faster than the old ones. That being said, the old gates I don't think I've ever walked up with more than 15 minutes before the start of the game and was usually in my seat by the start. Maybe I was just lucky and always got the "right" gate but I don't think I've waited in line more than 10 minutes with either the old or new gates trying to enter with at most 20 minutes to kickoff.

By the way, I know many of us have visited many other NFL stadiums over the years. I confidentially say there are many with much worse waits, more stringent searches and less polite staff. Most of those stadiums have less fans in attendance, too.

By the way, I know many of us have visited many other NFL stadiums over the years. I confidentially say there are many with much worse waits, more stringent searches and less polite staff. Most of those stadiums have less fans in attendance, too.

Clearly this didn't go as the OP expected.

I love the logic (or lack of) that "I got in ok thru gate 7 so there must not be a problem with gates on the other side of the stadium !!"

I went to Gate 2....mobbed....went to gate 3...just as mobbed....there was no indication that gates on the other side of the stadium would be any better

Gates 2 and 3 are the only gates on the entire Bills side of the stadium

Gate 1 is a media gate - and yes we tried getting thru there too... an entire gate wasted only for media...

Dont trash the OP...there were many many pissed off fans (thus the long wait) at these gates trying to get in by game time. The Bills in fact had a worker with a bullhorn standing up high shouting the Bills song/cheer to somehow soothe the crowd (Not telling people to go to better gates)...fans responded by telling him to shut up and get the gates working more efficiently !!!

Yes there were problems with gates !!