Problems at the Ralph

vegas55

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

By the way, I know many of us have visited many other NFL stadiums over the years. I confidentially say there are many with much worse waits, more stringent searches and less polite staff. Most of those stadiums have less fans in attendance, too.

And how many of them just recently completed million dollar renovations to their gates????

Or is your logic....there are stadiums that are worse...so be happy.....incredible

Get to the gate by 12:20 and you'll be inside in less than 10 minutes, every time, guaranteed.

Bandit - there are 7 gates...seems obvious by posts that Gates on the Bills side (Gates 1 & 2) were operating more slowly than the others

Even many posters suggest to go to a "better gate" (as if one can look now from an ariel view to tell).

Then again, the OP approached a packed gate, minutes before game time, and assumed the crowd would simply part the way for him.

given his melodramatic descriptions, and the 100% agreement from other posters experiences that it wasnt bad..... im guessing he approached a short line and was through in less than 10 minutes, but with being in public someone may have bumped into him.

and we just got this story of an epic wait with his body being crushed.

Entered gate 7 at 12:30, took about 5 minutes to get through. Any one go through the gates with the metal detectors?

We did. While the walk-throughs are supposed to be faster than wands, I feel they have far fewer walk-through units than they would wands. Net result, it takes a similar amount of time to get through.

We lined up about 12:20, it probably took 15 minutes at most, no big whoop.

Yep. Not good. Got to it at 12:25. Walked through it at 12:58. It was a huge mob of people but I wanted to try it myself to report back to the Fan Advisory Board and I expected it to move quicker than it did. One issue was that there was a space between the suite entry points and the regulars that didn't have detectors. All of the people in front of that space had to merge in to the other lines.

Also not a huge fan of the 'no drinking or smoking in line' rules, being told to dispose of stuff, even water, immediately.

Jay Rubeo that was exactly my experience as well...1225 arrival with a 30 minute wait ....that was gate 3...gate 2 was worse...it seems the folks who moved thru ok were gates on the visitors side gates 5 6 and 7....entire opposite side of stadium from gates 2 &3

given his melodramatic descriptions, and the 100% agreement from other posters experiences that it wasnt bad..... im guessing he approached a short line and was through in less than 10 minutes, but with being in public someone may have bumped into him.

and we just got this story of an epic wait with his body being crushed.

Saint - read Jay Rubeo's experience as well as mine - it matches the OPs experience....Gates 2 & 3 were 30 minute waits when arriving near 1225....

My advice is to get to the gates late, pick the longest line, and then B word about it after when you miss the start of the game.

Doc - were you at the game yesterday? 3 different posters indicated a similar issue....30 minute wait when arriving at 1225pm.

The problem seems to be with Gates 2 & 3.....other gates on other side of stadium had lesser crowds and moved better

Doc - were you at the game yesterday? 3 different posters indicated a similar issue....30 minute wait when arriving at 1225pm.

The problem seems to be with Gates 2 & 3.....other gates on other side of stadium had lesser crowds and moved better

You arrived at the gate around 12:25 (too late, IMO, if you want to be sure to get to your seat, but whatever) and were through the gate before kickoff? What exactly is your complaint? Now you know to go in a bit earlier, or pick another gate---or both.

You arrived at the gate around 12:25 (too late, IMO, if you want to be sure to get to your seat, but whatever) and were through the gate before kickoff? What exactly is your complaint? Now you know to go in a bit earlier, or pick another gate---or both.

I was lost - now I am found......

We went through gate 4 about 12:30 and had a 10 minute wait, was not bad at all.

As has been suggested, 1) go in early and 2) if a line looks crazy and filled with people, move on to the next. And you don't need an ariel view, just use your eyes and feet - the stadium is a circle, with gates in all sides :D

We went through gate 4 about 12:30 and had a 10 minute wait, was not bad at all.

As has been suggested, 1) go in early and 2) if a line looks crazy and filled with people, move on to the next. And you don't need an ariel view, just use your eyes and feet - the stadium is a circle, with gates in all sides :D

Yeah, I guess I've never really found the process to be that complicated as long as I start my walk from the parking lot around 12:10.

Went through gate 7 at 12:30 on the nose.

It was slower than usual. In past years you could bump down a line or two or three and find one that was short and get right in. This game all of the lines at the gate were backed way up.

The line I happened to choose was a poor choice because the line next to me easily moved more than 2x as many people through in the same time frame. The problem with my line was an incredibly slow worker at the end of the line using the metal detector wand. Dude acted like a state worker milking his time. Everyone was bitching and moaning.

And you used to be able to walk past gate 7 and back to another entrance on the tunnel end of the stadium. But they erected a large fence and no longer allow you to walk down there. They must have completely did away with that other entrance on the tunnel side of the stadium.

I ended up making it to the men's room, getting a couple beers and still being in my seat in time for them to announce the players. But it probably took 20-25 minutes from the time I first got in line at 12:30.

Next game I will get in line 5 minutes earlier and probably choose a different gate.

I think that's the problem here. Some realize a circle only has two sides: inside and outside. So, I can see how they might not get the concept. :rolleyes:

Jay Rubeo that was exactly my experience as well...1225 arrival with a 30 minute wait ....that was gate 3...gate 2 was worse...it seems the folks who moved thru ok were gates on the visitors side gates 5 6 and 7....entire opposite side of stadium from gates 2 &3

Saint - read Jay Rubeo's experience as well as mine - it matches the OPs experience....Gates 2 & 3 were 30 minute waits when arriving near 1225....

I went thru Gate 2. The issues with Gate 2 were on the sides where everyone walks up, if you worked your way towards the middle of the gate, things went much more smoothly. Unfortunately, people did not understand this concept and continued to file in the biggest lines. I don't remember when I got there but It was between 1220-1230. I started my watch when I found a line and stopped it when I walked thru the gate, just over 7 minutes.

When I had seasons, I always laughed at how many people hadn't made it to their seat at the start of the game.

One thing I commented on yesterday watching the game at home was that they must have improved the process because it looked like the stands were packed at kickoff.

Easy remedy.Get to the lots about 9:30-10. Cookout in the lot and have a beer. Not a sixpack, one beer. head in at noon. After game go back tp lots and cookout again and have a beer. By the time you are done eating, the traffic has thinned out. No need to wait in lines at the gates or for beer. Only have to make one pit stop during the game. Always worked for me.

Got in the queue about 11:50, inside the gate 2 minutes later. Then had to wait 5 minutes for beer sales to start at noon.

I watched Kenny and the "ketchup" routine (11:30) at Hammers, then me and my friend walked to stadium.

Between us, we are 128 years old so we broke no land speed records. LOL

I got buzzed walking through scanner at gate 3, so they found my cars keys with a wand (my bad).

There was a long line of three of four people ahead of us. :w00t:

Beer stands were open.

We strolled through in 5 minutes, hit the head, and climbed to the upper deck. He has had double hip replacement twice and I have MS.

Slow freight fits.

By the time we finally reached our seats, team warm ups were almost over. and they soon left the field.

Gate one (the store) was jammed. BIG surprise!

Edited by rockpile