Mariota looks like the real deal

The Dean

I know it's just the first game, and it's against Tampa Bay---but Mariota is just money. 8/11 156 yards and 3 TDs with time still left in the 1st half. Can't believe he wasn't the first pick in the draft.

He'll be in the HoF if he can only convince the NFL to let him play vs. Tampa every week.

:lol: For sure.

But accuracy is accuracy, no matter who you play, if you have time to throw.

Compare his rookie year to Peyton Manning!

Brett Favre's first pass was a pick six too!

Pretty good company. To keep those comparisons coming, maybe Winston should start threatening to retire this offseason.

Mariota. 4TDs in the first half. Yes, it is Tampa Bay, but this is a special debut.

I was pretty much assured right here Mariotta wouldn't be any good...

Not by me. I was on record as saying he'd have been my pick if I was Tampa. Not that I am writing Winston off after one game mind you, but I always preferred Mariota's make up and I think the stuff about him not transitioning was overstated.

Not by me. I was on record as saying he'd have been my pick if I was Tampa. Not that I am writing Winston off after one game mind you, but I always preferred Mariota's make up and I think the stuff about him not transitioning was overstated.

Agreed. Winston, like EJ, was always going to be a project, IMO. He had WAY too many games where he seemed to get in a zone (or out of the zone) and would just toss weak INTs. Mariota has always been rock solid. I could never understand this being a question, if a team wanted to draft a QB for NOW.

I never right off a player based on his first game, first year or ever first few years. Players can develop.

Good. Let him draw the attention and headlines off Tyrod today. Keep him more under the radar.

Agreed. I'm all about stealth this year, for the Bills. Bills? No, they suck, nothing to see here.

Unlike many, until the Bills have shown they are too good to ignore, I prefer they be completely overlooked.

Wow. I have been outspoken especially on FB back here in Portland stating Mariota was going to be a bust.

By every account he is a great kid. Everything Winston was not. I did not think he had an NFL arm.

I look like a fool now. But it is just one game...

True, but you may repeat that for many more!

If only we'd have drafted Manziel last year like some wanted...

Manziel was active today...

Wow. I have been outspoken especially on FB back here in Portland stating Mariota was going to be a bust.

By every account he is a great kid. Everything Winston was not. I did not think he had an NFL arm.

I look like a fool now. But it is just one game...

You could have used almost ANY game against TB in the past two years, and you wouldn't have seen a QB performance this impressive. I believe Flacco lit them up last year.

Tyrod out plays Luck and everyone is told not to get carried away. Mariota whips the NFL equivalent of an FCS team and everyone loses their sh!t. This I could have predicted.

You could have used almost ANY game against TB in the past two years, and you wouldn't have seen a QB performance this impressive. I believe Flacco lit them up last year.

You can guarantee if Tyrod did this no one would care. Edited by PromoTheRobot

Tyrod out plays Luck and everyone is told not to get carried away. Mariota whips the NFL equivalent of an FCS team and everyone loses their ****. This I could have predicted.

You can guarantee if Tyrod did this no one would care.

WFT are you babbling about, Promo? Show me ONE post that suggests Tyrod didn't have a great game?

But he isn't a rookie playing his FIRST game, and he didn't have 4TD passes. Seriously, what is your glitch? Can only Bills be good or be acknowledged?

WFT are you babbling about, Promo? Show me ONE post that suggests Tyrod didn't have a great game?

But he isn't a rookie playing his FIRST game, and he didn't have 4TD passes. Seriously, what is your glitch? Can only Bills be good or be acknowledged?

I didn't say what you think I said. I said people are being told to not get carried away over one good game by Tyrod. In fact that was pretty much the theme of the Bills post game show. Edited by PromoTheRobot

Uh oh......