Is this finally the QB situation we've been looking for?

Rubes

All those years, all those QBs, all those failures, all those different reasons.

But here, at last, we have what would appear to be an ideal situation for a new QB:

- A good offensive coordinator who has developed young QBs in the past

- An impressively solid set of skill position players for support

- A system set to emphasize the run and take pressure off the QB

- A decent (it appears) offensive line

- A powerful, elite defense to (hopefully) create opportunities and prevent shootouts

- A young, smart, talented, but inexperienced QB who sat and learned behind an entrenched starter for 4 years in a good offensive system

I mean, how much more could you ask for, aside from an additional inch or two of height?

I will say this, we finally have the one thing on O we've ALL been asking for - a guy that is willing to change formations and disguise what we're running. We've got shifts, we've got crazy alignments, we've got 20 looks for one running play.

Plus, I'm impressed by Tyrod, he looked confident in the pocket in pre-season (and if you watched that ESPN clip from his draft, you'll see that was always his MO), plus he's got the wheels to get out of trouble...

I really, really can't wait to see how the O comes together this year!

I will say this, we finally have the one thing on O we've ALL been asking for - a guy that is willing to change formations and disguise what we're running. We've got shifts, we've got crazy alignments, we've got 20 looks for one running play.

Plus, I'm impressed by Tyrod, he looked confident in the pocket in pre-season (and if you watched that ESPN clip from his draft, you'll see that was always his MO), plus he's got the wheels to get out of trouble...

I'm ready Cowher talked the kid up this AM.

I don't know that it's exactly what we're looking for, but I think it's pretty darn solid considering previous draft positions and players available in those slots or through FA. We've got a hopeful unknown who's skillset seems to be our OC's bread and butter, and a 1st round QB developing behind him under quality coaching.

Thurman Thomas said something similar in multiple interviews. Those 90's Bills basically ran something like 6-7 plays. But they ran those plays out of multiple formations which created confusion for the defense. This is what I think we're going to get from Roman, and I'm looking forward to it. I'm hoping this season is fun.

I posted this somewhere else, but isn't the situation with TT exactly what you would ideally hope for in developing a talented but raw QB? Four years in a superb organization with great coaching, backing up an excellent QB, while experiencing the playoffs consistently and earning a Super Bowl ring.

This is the blueprint -- if you have the time to let it happen. Did the Bills finally, as Ralph used to say, "get lucky" with their QB?

Is this finally the QB situation we've been looking for?

No, it would not have been my ideal situation, but I am optimistic that it could be. I have to see him take snaps for real before I can get there. I am excited about the possibilities of this offense with him behind center though and it's looking a whole lot better than anticipated. GO BILLS!!!!

For me, the telling thing will be if we make adjustments and I'm encouraged that we have professional coaches this year.

Will we make adjustments at halftime?

Will we make adjustments a few games into the season once opposing teams have tape on what we're going to do?

The scariest part of the season for me is Game #3 because that's where in previous seasons, the jig's been up.

For those who have read my posts over the years, you know I'm a glass half empty guy. I have a feeling that this may be the guy. He looks poised and in control. He has freakish athletic ability. We finally have an NFL caliber coaching staff. Thanks Terry. Not sure where we end up, but it's great to finally have an organization that is trying and working their a$$ off.

If this works out, it quite frankly could be the template for getting quarterbacks going forward. I forget where I read it, but someone wrote about how quarterbacks coming out of college have become less and less prepared for the NFL based on the simplicity of the offenses being run at the college level. The writer even speculated that in the future, teams would draft a QB and do exactly what happened here. After the first 4 games of the season, I think we'll know. If they're 4-0 or 3-1, then I would say yes. I say yes, because I don't think the Bills are going to win versus either Indy or New England without scoring some points. I love our defense and they played great last year, but still allowed 20+ points in half of their games. If this team is 2-2 or worse, then definitely not. With all of the offensive improvements on this team, he has to be better than a nearly 0.500 Kyle Orton last year.