BILLS Power Rankings, enter them here...

r00tabaga

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rise of the ... Raiders?!
In his updated NFL pecking order, Elliot Harrison provides a nice bump for a franchise that hasn't exactly set the world on fire over the last decade: the Oakland Raiders. Where does your team rank?

RANK 16

BUF.png

Horrible loss for the Bills on multiple levels. One thing that wasn't their fault: That PI call late on the Jaguars' go-ahead touchdown drive. Disgusting. That said, EJ Manuel put the team behind the eight ball early and often -- and didn't make up for it late, either. Of course, better play calling could have helped out the young QB. That fourth-and-2 play -- going empty backfield with no threat of a run, and asking Manuel to throw across his body to his left -- defied explanation. Still, Manuel absolutely could have put more mustard on that ball. As one of my Twitter peeps mentioned, it looks like Manuel doesn't trust what he sees out there, which makes his balls come out late. That sounded bad. You know what I meant.

@NFL

.@HarrisonNFL's NFL Power Rankings: Week 9 1. @Patriots 2. @Broncos 3. @Bengals 4-32. http://on.nfl.com/1SlxG59

BUF.png

It was an off week for those worrisome Bills. Clearly, this football team is different with T-Mobile -- who missed the last two games -- running that offense than it is behind the four-banger that is EJ Manuel (like a '94 Eagle Talon ... not that I would know). If offensive coordinator Greg Roman wants the Buffalo attack to fire on all cylinders, he could start by using LeSean McCoy -- who has not logged a 20-carry game yet -- in key spots. Just a suggestion.

Bills improve to No. 16 in ESPN Power Rankings

After back-to-back losses dropped them to No. 19 in ESPN's NFL Power Rankings, the Bills rebounded this past weekend without having to play a game.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Washington Post :angry:

Last week - 23. Buffalo Bills (3-4) | Last Week: 15

This week - 24. Buffalo Bills (3-4) | Last Week: 23

They lost to the Jags. That seems about right. Beat the Phins and Jests and the respect will start to come back.

They lost to the Jags. That seems about right. Beat the Phins and Jests and the respect will start to come back.

Good teams lose to bad teams all the time.

Might be I'm used to the Post constantly ragging on the Bills but IMO 15 to 18 is an honest assessment. The Bills still have a record that is equal to or better than 8 (factoring in bye week and a 5th loss) other AFC teams and 7 NFC teams.

Lower than 22 is laughable. Did you not see the drop off of 8 spots with the BYE when in reality they went up from the AFC's 9th seed to 8th seed with the BYE?

Gil Brandt

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000573036/article/seahawks-saints-among-bubble-teams-poised-for-playoff-run

HOPE IS ALIVE AND WELL

5) Buffalo Bills (3-4)

It won't be easy for the Bills to overtake the other wild-card contenders in the AFC, but there's reason for optimism, not least because of a talented defense. While that unit has underachieved some, especially in the sacks department (Buffalo has 11, tied for 29th, after leading the NFL with 54 in 2014), it still ranks 13th overall and sixth against the run. My main question with Buffalo centers on the quarterback. Tyrod Taylor hasn't been bad, but he's inexperienced, and that can hurt come crunch time. I'm not ready to write the Bills off quite yet, of course, but I like the wild-card contenders ahead of them -- including the Jets -- more.

@NFL

.@HarrisonNFL's NFL Power Rankings: Week 10 1. @Patriots 2. @Bengals 3. @Panthers 4-32. http://on.nfl.com/1iR7F0K

RANK 15

BUF.png

Weighty win for the Bills, who were happy to get back not just their quarterback but their running game, as well ... at least temporarily. LeSean McCoy looked explosive before departing with a shoulder injury. Karlos Williams also returned to the fold and did his part, rambling for a long touchdown. From any perspective, this was a huge outcome for Buffalo, which, at 4-4, now finds itself right back in the thick of the AFC wild-card race.

I like that Florio sees us as improved where all other pundits say we will drop off. Better TE, better WRs, better feature back, better guards, better coach, SAME defense. Our 2015 team would crush Marrone's 9-7 club!

On paper, yes but I wouldn't bet the house on it.Last year's team was better in 2 of the 3 phases of the game. Marrone's team played a hell of a lot better defense and special teams. Our offense is still a work in progress with too many injuries and too many penalties, so that's a push to me. 13-10 our 2015 team wins would be my prediction. Could go 13-10 Marrone's team. That's how inconsistent we've been this season. We'll see how the rest of the season shakes out.

Edited by Dopey

http://projects.five...fl-predictions/

14th ranked team in the NFL by fivethirtyeight. Bills are up to a 28% chance to make the playoffs and an 8-8 projected record. The Jets have a 50% chance and 9-7 projected record. Obviously Thursday night is going to have a tremendous impact. They have the odds of that game Jets 56%-44% Bills. That's tight.

Edited by BarleyNY

Wild week = Mass movement

Following the wackiest week of action thus far in the 2015 campaign, Elliot Harrison significantly reshuffles the NFL pecking order. We're talkin' 30 of 32 teams switching spots, people!

RANK 11

BUF.png

5-4 BILLS

Huge win for Rex Ryan and company -- although it clearly wasn't that important to Rex. Now that we've all had five days to digest the game, how did we feel about the Christmas uni matchup? Is "Elf" a top five Christmas movie? Is it better than "Bad Santa"? Kudos to Tyrod Taylor for not being Bad Tyrod, even though his numbers weren't great. The bottom line is, he doesn't make very many negative plays. The better this defense plays, the more relevant Taylor's measured approach becomes.

CBS Sports: Prisco Power Rankings

8 BUF.png They had a nice road victory against the Jets. But now comes the real test: New England on the road. Good luck.

No freaking way Pete Prisco has the Bills at 8 unless someone has some real dirty video of him.

4th best team in the AFC??? :w00t: I must be hallucinating !

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever