5 Teams Doomed Because of Their Starting QBs

Rubes

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A good sports journalist would note the big differences between T2 and the others on that list. 3 of those QBs are retreads with known, limited ceilings. Kirk Cousins spent his apprenticeship in the world's most dysfunctional sports franchise. And then Tyrod came over from one of the stable franchises where he worked with smart coaches and learned from Flacco, who is pretty good.

Remember Elmo: "One of these things is not like the other." If any of those guys are going to carry a team, it's TT. I don't mind PP raising doubts about our QB, but there is more to be said than "I watched him 6 years ago in college and he didn't do enough to get me away from the buffet."

kj

Thats interesting because from my view TT was ultra productive in College

From what i understand, the reason Tyrod lasted til the 6th round in the draft was because his completion percentage in college was about 57%. Most NFL scouts look for about 60% completions percentage to be considered a viable quarterback candidate.

For whatever that is worth.

Edited by mastershake

...aaaand you guess it, we're #2 on the list:

Pete Prisco says we're doomed because Tyrod sucks.

Time will tell.........but he's looked anything but terrible in the preseason.

I understand that teams have been playing "vanilla" defenses........but the thing about ultra-mobile QB's is that they often make you play vanilla defense.