Dareus Signs Six Year Extension with Bills

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only people that care about "average" are the agents.

It's all about the guaranteed cash and if I understand it correctly, Dareus will receive the most guaranteed cash of any D lineman in history.

Nice.

GO BILLS!!!

More or less correct as I understand it...the yearly average pretty much serves as a starting point for agents and GMs. As in, the GM calls the agent and says "what's the number?", and the agent responds "it's 16, are we talking?"

Let's hope this doesn't become necessary, but you know Whaley will if he feels it's required.

@spotrac

@TyDunne Kyle Williams becomes a potential cap casualty now for 2016. A March release would clear $5M in needed cap space.

No way he does this

He would be run out of Buffalo

CBF

Boom! Now I hope he does not go the way of Haynesworth...I feel like he has a personality that could go that direction.

Here's to him being dominant for years to come!!!

Way to get it done OBD!!!

Be interesting to see what is 100% guaranteed and what is guaranteed against injury. I have to believe Whaley left himself some outs with his history.

There's no chance of that. Dareus has surely had some issues, but they are mostly maturity-related. Haynesworth is simply a jerk - both before and after he signed his contract.

I think he can be lazy at times, he had issues with that early in his career. I hope those issues don't rear their ugly heads now that he has a large contract with 60 mil. guaranteed. I think he has some good leaders in the locker room to keep him motivated though!

Albert Haynesworth's situation has become a meme for big men who get paid. And yet, if his post from earlier this year is to be believed, it's entirely inaccurate:

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/albert-haynesworth-letter-to-my-younger-self/

Let's hope this doesn't become necessary, but you know Whaley will if he feels it's required.

@spotrac

@TyDunne Kyle Williams becomes a potential cap casualty now for 2016. A March release would clear $5M in needed cap space.

They could ask to restructure to a number that works for the team, if not he could be gone. Hopefully he stays to enjoy the new Bills.

Albert Haynesworth's situation has become a meme for big men who get paid. And yet, if his post from earlier this year is to be believed, it's entirely inaccurate:

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/albert-haynesworth-letter-to-my-younger-self/

I'm buying what he's selling. Thanks for posting this BC, it's really a great insight into somebody we all thought was a punk.

Really, I thought that Tarpley showed well vs Detroit.

If there's one place Whaley's talent evaluation is probably sound, it's in spotting emerging LB talent. They won't necessarily look great off the starting line, and they don't have to - the idea is to keep bringing 'em in and letting them play ST, have them play well enough to fill in for an injury if needed.