Bills cuts - round 2

YoloinOhio

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck with that. I've been F5'n Sportrac all morning and there's bupkis....

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/transactions/offensive-line/

Remember early last year when David Yankey and Cyril Richardson were thought to be likely two top guards off the draft board, then they dropped to the 5th round...and within a year, both released around the same time (next to each other in that link). What a diff'rence...

Remember early last year when David Yankey and Cyril Richardson were thought to be likely two top guards off the draft board, then they dropped to the 5th round...and within a year, both released around the same time (next to each other in that link). What a diff'rence...

I saw the Yankey cut and tried to find some background. Apparently he was really bad this preseason. So probably not much interest other than going on the MIN PS...

Very nice.

But seriously, how did O'Leary survive?

The guy filling the dareus (and possibly Leo) slot should be young. You don't pay a vet a full year salary for one game when he might not even dress. Oleary could be the guy that gets the benefit.

The guy filling the dareus (and possibly Leo) slot should be young. You don't pay a vet a full year salary for one game when he might not even dress. Oleary could be the guy that gets the benefit.

This is a good point. I hadn't thought about that.

Shady must be really healed ?? Playing possum a few weeks ?

Like I said before, with Whaley saying they released Fred "for competitive reasons" (among other things), I think McCoy's been healthy for at least that long.

Kind of funny as the one thing almost everyone on this site agreed on is that we'd never carry 5 TE and 7 WR.

I have been of the mind we were keeping 7 receivers for at least a couple of weeks. It is basically 5 plus two half receivers who are ST studs.

5 TEs with O'Leary making the team is a major shock even knowing that Roman loves his TEs.

My guess is they sign Ponder as QB3.

For the other open spot, they either sign someone and cut O'Leary (for PS) when Dareus returns, or don't sign anyone and stay with this roster, ignoring the open slot week 1 rather than guarantee another salary for the year. Is that unusual?