I finally remember who Karlos Williams reminds me of...

Coach Tuesday

Yeah I can see that. Eddie and Eric Dickerson. Now if only he can have half the career those guys had we will be in good shape.

At this point we know the kid can hammer it up in there, now he has to learn the playbook, blocking technique, how to identify blitzes and who to block when it happens, selling play action and disguising screen plays, how to avoid the big hits and protect his body, etc.

Not much of that stuff comes into play in the preseason with runners because of the simplistic sets run on both sides of the ball. If the kid has instincts, vision, studies hard and is coachable he could be the pounder that Roman wants behind Shady all year.

Edited by Webster Guy

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kinda off-topic - but am I the only one that finds all the posts/re-tweets about his fiancee/their relationship a little over the top?

Maybe he's overcompensating for the domestic violence rumblings. But damn - I don't think I've followed a player that's more into public displays of affection.

yes I think they have a dysfunctional relationship but I'm not Dr Phil. I would say he still tweets like a college kid as I used to follow a bunch of osu players and I have had to unfollow most due to all the relationship crap they tweet about.

Marquise Goodwin is the same way.

Edited by YoloinOhio

I was thinking Antowain Smith clone, but I can see George a bit too. as I recall smith even had the same initial problem of running too upright.

Add- if the o line can block him to the second level, he will be punishing to the secondary.

Antowain didn't move laterally too well - he always struck me as a pure downhill runner. KW has some juke to him.

Antowain didn't move laterally too well - he always struck me as a pure downhill runner. KW has some juke to him.

Either way, he could be a value... some scouts had him as a third rounder until he lost his job and had off field issues his senior year.

Excited to see what we've got there. Would love to see him become that bruiser change of pace guy nobody wants to tackle.

The death knell for a players performance level is often presaged by inane comparison to former great players based on similarities in size and speed. I hope this isn't the case for Karlos.

That's why I went Antowain instead of OJ

The death knell for a players performance level is often presaged by inane comparison to former great players based on similarities in size and speed. I hope this isn't the case for Karlos.

How about Darick Holmes for a size/speed/mediocrity comparison?

Eddie George was a workhouse without much breakaway ability. He racked up the carries in college and that never slowed down in the NFL. I see KW as a guy that will have limited carries but has some explosion.

Stature wise, maybe similar to George. When I see him run, he reminds me so much of Alfred Morris. He is a little bigger and faster than Alf (5'11 225/4.51 40). But their running styles are almost identical. Look up some Alfred Morris highlights, then watch some Karlos Williams highlights. Also, Alf played college ball in Florida at FAU and was drafted in the sixth round.

Karlos is faster than George who always looked like he was running in mud

Eddie George's 40 time was 4.47. So, no, he was plenty fast.

Eddie George was unstoppable in college. Karlos Williams was meh.

I see a poor mans Chris Warren.

Yeah. It's one thing to say that Williams runs upright like George, but quite another to say that he runs like him in general. George had a rare combination of speed, power and elusiveness. Williams has a lot to prove before he deserves to be compared to George. Right now he looks like he could be a capable back in the NFL. George was an exceptional back.

Heisman trophy winner versus what fifth rounder! No comparison

There has been a couple backs become stars from no where. Foster and Terrell Davis. Sure would be nice if Karlos was another one of those guys.

I'm dating myself, but I see a little Greg Bell in him.... that could be good or bad, depending if it's Bills Greg Bell or Rams Greg Bell...

I'll really date myself. Is there any comparison to Tampa Bay draft pick and USC super star Rickey Bell?

I had and still may have the Bills version of this program. We went to a pre season game against the Buc's that year. Not sure if it was Tampa's first season or not. I remember OJ playing in that game and pulling off a beautiful reverse of direction behind the line for a long td. I remember he started running right. That was blocked off he reversed field and went left all the way. That was when he was still interested in playing lol.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://bucpower.com/bell-pro.jpg&imgrefurl=http://bucpower.com/feature-bell.html&h=563&w=430&tbnid=aWWaZicB4Yw0jM:&tbnh=160&tbnw=122&usg=__uZJJVt1ihySbW2Ttpe5vb3jOjl0=&docid=VGvXUwfkKPCtLM&itg=1

Edited by Dante