Fred Jackson expected to sign with Seattle(update-signed)

YoloinOhio

Classy presser from a classy guy. LOL at some of his comments, when asked what kind of guy Marshawn Lynch is: "Marshawn's actions speak for what kind of guy he is, He's a big kid!" "He'll be over at my house playing with my kids, and I'll definitely treat him like he is one of them".

Anyone hear yet what Fred's contract is with the Hawks?

If he can teach Marshawn to give a presser like that, he'll be worth double whatever they're paying him

I think I saw in Tim Grahams column (cough) yesterday that they are giving him a one year deal for $900,000.

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Classy presser from a classy guy. LOL at some of his comments, when asked what kind of guy Marshawn Lynch is: "Marshawn's actions speak for what kind of guy he is, He's a big kid!" "He'll be over at my house playing with my kids, and I'll definitely treat him like he is one of them".

Anyone hear yet what Fred's contract is with the Hawks##?

If he can teach Marshawn to give a presser like that, he'll be worth double whatever they're paying him

I wonder if he'll bring his family to Seattle and buy a house - postage stamp in Seattle costs more than 4 br 4 bath in B'lo

##in honor of their actions in recruiting and signing Fred Jackson, I shall henceforth refer to the Seattle Seasnakes as the Seattle Seahawks

he will probably just rent a house like a lot of players do. I always thought he would move back to Texas when he retired, which will probably be next year.

@ByTimGraham: Fred Jackson explains why he chose Seahawks over Patriots http://t.co/00jzImy9Ei

Freddy is spot-on in his analysis of Belichek.

I was somewhat amused by this:

"Marshawn was a huge factor," Jackson said. "We talk to each other three times a week.

"The chance to come out there was something we both wanted. We talked about it back in March when everything went down. We made it happen."

I think part of the uproar of B'lo fans was the thought of Freddy being cut just before the season and having no place to go, but it sounds as though he had his exit strategy in place and his next job awaiting him.

I had always heard of the very close and continuing friendship of Marshawn and Fred, and it was one of the reasons I still thought Marshawn was a decent guy amidst a lot of allegations. Because if he was a real jerk behind the scenes, it's doubtful a guy like Fred would remain so close to him after all this time.

I think part of the uproar of B'lo fans was the thought of Freddy being cut just before the season and having no place to go, but it sounds as though he had his exit strategy in place and his next job awaiting him.

Please don't include me in "B'lo fans" who were upset there would be no place to go (i was not worried about that in the least). My uproar is that we cut out second best RB and best pass blocker who was making a meager salary (by NFL standards) in the year that we've been told we're going for it .

All this talk of cutting cap space for next year and getting young guys playing time makes it sound like we're not.

Seems playing for next year is a hard habit to break.

Please don't include me in "B'lo fans" who were upset there would be no place to go (i was not worried about that in the least). My uproar is that we cut out second best RB and best pass blocker who was making a meager salary (by NFL standards) in the year that we've been told we're going for it .

All this talk of cutting cap space for next year and getting young guys playing time makes it sound like we're not.

Truth.

Freddy is spot-on in his analysis of Belichek.

I was somewhat amused by this:

"Marshawn was a huge factor," Jackson said. "We talk to each other three times a week.

"The chance to come out there was something we both wanted. We talked about it back in March when everything went down. We made it happen."

Fred Jackson would never cheat. Bad fit for the NE Cheatriots.

Reddog,

I understand your evaluation and you have a right to your opinion. I think the point stands that in the coaches evaluation, FredEx was no longer the 2nd best RB, and while Jackson was undoubtedly the best pass-blocking RB, Roman's offense expects more pass-blocking to fall on the TE and FB. Is Fredex better than Felton and Mulligan at pass blocking?

One might also keep in mind that, except for the high ankle sprain that put Turbin on IR, the Seahawks would not have had a place for FredEx at #2, and also, they are reportedly paying him vet minimum.

I had always heard of the very close and continuing friendship of Marshawn and Fred, and it was one of the reasons I still thought Marshawn was a decent guy amidst a lot of allegations. Because if he was a real jerk behind the scenes, it's doubtful a guy like Fred would remain so close to him after all this time.

My logic as well.

It's interesting because the public personas are so different.

Edited by hondo in seattle

Always an interesting spot. We've all seen guys that would give you the shirt off their back but also on the regular make decisions that make you shake your head in disbelief. Marshawn seems like one of those.

Meager is overstating. I don't recall the EXACT value off hand but his 2015 cap hit would have been at 15 or 16th highest paise running back.

Not HUGE but not meager for a backup