Fred Jackson expected to sign with Seattle(update-signed)

YoloinOhio

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seahawks are gonna feel really dumb when they figure out Fred is old and slow and expensive.

And that's the thing I feel folks will start to get as the season wears on... A runner with Fred's intelligence doesn's need to be fast.... If this season ends up like I think it will, WE may be the ones feeling really dumb...

And that's the thing I feel folks will start to get as the season wears on... A runner with Fred's intelligence doesn's need to be fast.... If this season ends up like I think it will, WE may be the ones feeling really dumb...

This is one player im not going to root to do bad when he leaves our team

Which you much success Fred

I agree. I was sarcasically mocking out the people who are glad we traded Fred.

I suspect he will. After cutting the Turbinator and Christine I suspect the plan is to run Fred til he likes.

The only downside to that is if he gets as many carries as he likes, how long until that 34 year old body gives out? I've been a huge Fred fan for a long time, but I think the only fact I could agree with when it came to cutting him was the fact that if Fred had to carry the load for an extended period of time, does it happen or does his body betray him early on? I think the Bills took the angle that the usage out of him would be limited and couldn't justify the roster spot. Still, nothing but best wishes for Fred.

i am a freddy guy all day every day. cutting him initially made me so mad i didn't know what to do. i know that the nfl is a business, but this just seemed really wrong. as long as he signs that one day contract and goes on the wall i am all good i guess. and i really want him to get a taste of some playoff football and hopefully even get a ring. freddy is so much more than just a football player, and i wish nothing but the best for him.

I wasn't through a full cup of coffee when I was reading the headline for the article on Freddie out of the The News Tribune by John McGrath.

At first glance I thought it said,

"Expected new Seahawk Fred Jackson is the anti-Christ!" :devil:

My initial response was, "Wow! And I thought we had it bad with Sully's negativity!"

If you haven't read the article, it's a nice read about a lot of fine characteristics which we have valued in Freddy for a long time. I'm glad to see him land with a successful franchise. I just hope we don't have to face off in the Super Bowl. You know Fred and Beastmode would make life difficult.

Edit: Added link to article:

Edited by dulles

Aside from this forum, where as a reflex defense of all things Whaley Fred is written off as an ancient relic (and by some a locker room cancer), it's a given that Fred still has a lot of tread left on his tire and brings character and leadership that can carry a top team to the Super Bowl level.

Seattle was smart, they saw the qualities Bills fans, players and coaches have cherished, and gobbled him up right away. I have no doubt our team will be negatively impactected by this small minded decision.

Good for Seattle recognizing the big picture, and making the right move to achieve their ultimate goal.

Aside from this forum, where as a reflex defense of all things Whaley Fred is written off as an ancient relic (and by some a locker room cancer), it's a given that Fred still has a lot of tread left on his tire and brings character and leadership that can carry a top team to the Super Bowl level.

Seattle was smart, they saw the qualities Bills fans, players and coaches have cherished, and gobbled him up right away. I have no doubt our team will be negatively impactected by this small minded decision.

Good for Seattle recognizing the big picture, and making the right move to achieve their ultimate goal.

Are you still on this insufferable campaign to slander Whaley? Isn't it crystal clear this was a Bills management decision by now, and had noting to do with Doug's "ego"? Seriously if you still believe that, you really are out to lunch.

Now I can understand about being upset Fred is no longer with the team---I am upset---at least a bit. As a fan, he was one of my favorite players. But most here aren't defaming Freddie, by saying the team may be in better position without him. Sometimes a player has more value for one team than another. The Bills have some young talented backs, they would like to give some playing time. They need them to get reps, and develop as complete backs. With Fred on the roster, they weren't likely to get the work they need. And, with Fred on the roster, a nice chunk of money was tied up on an older player, in the last stages of his career. Is he still good? Yes, indeed. But he is more fragile, and if the Bills can use that money to keep younger players, at positions where it is harder to find talent than RB, than it is probably a good move for the team, IMO.

It's OK if you disagree with the conclusions the Bills brain trust has reached regarding Fred. That's part of being a Bills fan. But this incessant, immature, whiny little crusade is embarrassing for to you, or it should be, if you have any self-respect.

Are you still on this insufferable campaign to slander Whaley? Isn't it crystal clear this was a Bills management decision by now, and had noting to do with Doug's "ego"? Seriously if you still believe that, you really are out to lunch.

Now I can understand about being upset Fred is no longer with the team---I am upset---at least a bit. As a fan, he was one of my favorite players. But most here aren't defaming Freddie, by saying the team may be in better position without him. Sometimes a player has more value for one team than another. The Bills have some young talented backs, they would like to give some playing time. They need them to get reps, and develop as complete backs. With Fred on the roster, they weren't likely to get the work they need. And, with Fred on the roster, a nice chunk of money was tied up on an older player, in the last stages of his career. Is he still good? Yes, indeed. But he is more fragile, and if the Bills can use that money to keep younger players, at positions where it is harder to find talent than RB, than it is probably a good move for the team, IMO.

It's OK if you disagree with the conclusions the Bills brain trust has reached regarding Fred. That's part of being a Bills fan. But this incessant, immature, whiny little crusade is embarrassing for to you, or it should be, if you have any self-respect.

Dean it's your turn. Now he'll accuse you of misrepresenting his posts and resorting to other attacks against him.

Pretty sure it's been me, hopeful and also I think he got into it with beerball a bit too.

Edited by MarkAF43

Aside from this forum, where as a reflex defense of all things Whaley Fred is written off as an ancient relic (and by some a locker room cancer)

AND a fumbler. Fred is also a fumbler. You forgot that one.

And, with Fred on the roster, a nice chunk of money was tied up on an older player, in the last stages of his career.

$2.4 mil is chump change in the NFL.

If the young guys want to play, earn it.

Edited by reddogblitz

How much is Fred Jackson paying you to shill for him?