Cassel or EJ?

Nihilarian

"NFL Network's Ian Rapoport expects the Bills to cut a quarterback after naming Tyrod Taylor their starter."

" E.J. Manuel seems like the obvious choice if Buffalo decides to release someone, but Matt Cassel's $4.75 million cap charge could earn him the boot. The Bills would get all of that $4.75 million off the cap by releasing Cassel."

Just noticed this at Rotoworld

EDIT, oops forgot link http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/316154/rapoport-expects-bills-to-cut-a-quarterback

Edited by Nihilarian

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If we cut EJ Manuel at this stage I might just catch a flight from London to Buffalo and have it out with Doug Whaley in person! :censored:

No, seriously, if they are cutting someone surely it is Cassel. After Fred's cut it seems clear to me that they are trying to create extra cap space for the extensions they need to do. Fred + Cassel = what some $7million?

Edited by GunnerBill

There is no way they are cutting EJ. If they even wanted to get rid of him, he has performed well enough that they could trade him, to at least get a little back in return.

Ian Rapoport knows less about what is going on with this team than most people on this board.

Just based on things I've heard here and elsewhere I believe they are shopping EJ for a trade. If they do not find anything worthwhile before the next cut deadline they will cut Cassel. I am hoping for the latter.

I've been thinking that may be the case as well. I think there's a reason they sent him back out there a second time on Saturday. That was odd, to say the least.

" E.J. Manuel seems like the obvious choice if Buffalo decides to release someone, but Matt Cassel's $4.75 million cap charge could earn him the boot. The Bills would get all of that $4.75 million off the cap by releasing Cassel."

obvious to who? another parrot geek who doesn't understand how teams are built?

it amazes me these guys get paid for gossiping like old hens.. and way to safety net your 'obvious' opinion with the "but" remark. maybe Ian would like to tell us that Fitz wasn't part of the discussions.. :thumbdown: