QB Tyrod Taylor to start Week 1

Tyrod's honeymoon will last six quarters - Belichick's halftime adjustments in Week 2 should tell us a lot about what we have with him...

Wouldn't that tell us more about what we have in Roman?

I expect adjustments to Belichek's halftime adjustments and adjustment's to Belichek's adjustments to our adjustments to his halftime adjustments and....

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It kind of is though. They are going to give him some rope. If they gave the job to Cassel I could see that. Taylor has 35 career passes. One of the considerations when deciding on him as a starter is that they are going to have to take the good with the bad. This is not the limited vet. This is the young guy with the high ceiling.

It is pretty simple really. They think that Tyrod is the most likely to put points on the board.

Based on what ... I understand they believe he gives them the best chance to win. But were there things we did not see?

I think Tyrod is currently the best quarterback on the roster with an extremely high ceiling. That should hopefully be unequivocal enough for you. However, that opinion does not preclude me from holding EJ in high regard, nor should it. Just because I think one is better than I can't like the other or expect him to have a bright future if given the opportunity (mutual exclusivity)

My point being, if Tyrod is so great, EJwont get any action, and he is too good to sit on the bench behind Tyrod. That's my firm belief. EJ is clearly a starter in my eyes, do him a solid, and do the locker room a solid by keeping a #2 QB, and let EJ succeed elsewhere.

And if they meet in a conference championship, or Superbowl, who do you think I'll root for?

Lookin at you VABills

Based on what ... I understand they believe he gives them the best chance to win. But were there things we did not see?

I believe that he led them into scoring position on something like 77% of the drives this preseason. It is posted by someone in another thread. He moved the team at will.

My point being, if Tyrod is so great, EJwont get any action, and he is too good to sit on the bench behind Tyrod. That's my firm belief. EJ is clearly a starter in my eyes, do him a solid, and do the locker room a solid by keeping a #2 QB, and let EJ succeed elsewhere.

That is correct. But I would rather keep EJ for the Bills talent pool than "do him a solid" and deal him now. I believe Tyrod will do well, but I cannot predict the future. Thus, keep EJ.

It is a relief that we are not looking to tread water with a QB like Cassel. Hopefully this is the year we go for it and make the playoffs.

"Get ready, because we're going."

To be determined I suppose. Though, I believe Tyrod will perform quite admirably.

:beer: To your early reports on the guy. Swayed me early and he's only lived up to the rep. This is a muddled day to be a Bills fan with Fred's release -- but in terms of the QB competition it worked out as well as anyone could have hoped... well anyone not named Matt.

And if they meet in a conference championship, or Superbowl, who do you think I'll root for?

Lookin at you VABills

As of now, EJ costs far less. If we can have a better back up, why not keep him over Cassel? I think $ is the bigger issue right now. EJ has shown he can play in this offense. QB1 and QB2 are the most important positions on the roster!

Interesting ... I wonder if anyone ask him about the TD passes EJ threw and how they compared? I am not upset by the decision I guess I would like to understand what the deciding factors were.

Well Tyrod was known to have a long arm already. One of the jokes was that he was the one with the perfect aim on the deep end zone post play, and could rainbow arc the ball into garbage cans. The real worry was and is his ability to make intermediate throws over the middle.

But at least he can throw the long ball, which Cassel cant, and the high percentage passes Cassel was supposed to be the master of. Plus the explosiveness of his legs, which is going to mean teams more frequently go into single coverage.

He's in awesome shape, no doubt. But...he's 6' 1" and 217lbs. That's not big in the NFL. He looks tiny on the field. We'll see how he holds up running all over the place for a full season in real games.

FIFY. Still not huge but more like a Strong Safety than RGIII or Vick - both of them are sub-200 lb.

Google Tyrod Taylor injury history - college, too. You'll be shocked at the lack of stories.

Unsettling to think that you might be hoping he gets injured so you can be right. It's a great day to be a Bill - enjoy it.

Lookin at you VABills

EJ's new team right?

Too many people seemed to be tied up into rooting for EJ and what was best for the team.

EJ's new team right?

Too many people seemed to be tied up into rooting for EJ and what was best for the team.

That's funny, I think just as many are vested in rooting against EJ to prove themselves right.

That is correct. But I would rather keep EJ for the Bills talent pool than "do him a solid" and deal him now. I believe Tyrod will do well, but I cannot predict the future. Thus, keep EJ.

We have a #2 on the team, EJ is not a #2. He's not even a #3. Get a fifth for him, I don't care, just get him off the team.

I don't really ever want to talk about EJ as a Buffalo Bill again.

This is my last EJ post

EJ's new team right?

Come back to earth man, you're outta touch

That's funny, I think just as many are vested in rooting against EJ to prove themselves right.

Can I say that I want both to do well. I'd love to be in the Chargers position where they had both Brees and Rivers on their roster. Does anyone else remember when Buddy's line was tapped?

Can I just say how unbelievably freaking happy I am that Matt Cassel is not going to be the Bills' starting QB?

CAN I GET AN AMEN!?!

And the controversy begins, this is not good for a team. It's a huge part of the reason I say trade EJ now for what you can get. He is too good to be listed third

You can't have two girlfriends, even if they know about each other. And tell one she's your favorite one week and then tell the other she's your favorite. Even if they're cool with it at the beginning, they're not gonna be cool with it.

The Bills would be crazy to trade EJ. Tyrod has not proven anything yet. There is a chance he falls flat on his face during the regular season. Why trade a guy who might end up being the answer when you still don't have a proven QB yet?

Keep 'em all until the Bills have a proven starter at QB. As guys like RGIII and Nick Foles have shown, a single year isn't enough to make this determination either. EJ should be kept until his rookie contract is up. I think eventually this team will need him.

We have a #2 on the team, EJ is not a #2. He's not even a #3. Get a fifth for him, I don't care, just get him off the team.

It's just not in the Bills best interest. Not trying to target you but I'm just a bit surprised. He has talent, and I want the Bills to have talent.

The worst part about TT getting the starting nod is that every time the Bills lose a game or Tyrod has a bad day, Jim Jones and his cult of EJ fanatics will be drinking cyanide and proclaiming that the Bills would be undefeated with EJ or something of a similarly ludicrous nature.