fred will land where?

nuklz2594

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Stop it with the Pats* He is way too old to get signed there. Unless he takes a tremendous discount to go there he will not be a cheatriot. I honestly don't know if he goes anywhere. I have long thought he wouldn't make it out of training camp but with all of the injuries I then came around to thinking it was possible. His long run on the first play against the steelers showed that he has gotten very slow.

This is a sad day indeed.

The Pats signed Reggie Wayne. How is Fred too old?

http://blog.masslive.com/patriots/2011/09/bill_belichick_on_buffalo_runn.html

"There's really no weak points with that guy," Patriots coach Bill Belichick said [about Jackson]. "He does everything well. ... He's really outstanding. One of the best backs in the league. I would say no weak points. I don't know what the weak points would be."

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/23586/bill-belichick-loves-him-some-fred-jackson

Patriots head coach Bill Belichick still harbors great respect for Jackson, calling him one of the best in the business.

"I have as much respect for him as really anybody we've played," Belichick said Tuesday on a conference call to preview Sunday's game at Ralph Wilson Stadium. "He's a complete guy, does it all and shows really good toughness and can get the tough yards."

Belichick loves overachievers like Jackson, who would fit right in with the Patriots' collection. Tom Brady's supporting cast includes Wes Welker,BenJarvus Green-Ellis and Danny Woodhead -- three undrafted players who were waived at least once in their careers.

The Bills signed Jackson to a four-year extension that can't make him too thrilled these days. He proved to be better than 2007 first-round draft choiceMarshawn Lynch, since traded. Ninth overall pick C.J. Spiller didn't make a rookie impact as hoped.

Belichick didn't sound surprised that Jackson has outlasted them.

"He's outstanding, good at everything, good on blitz pickup, a good outside runner, good inside runner," Belichick said. "They use him in the passing game as a receiver, split out and empty and those kinds of things. He's a very good screen back. ...

"He's got big-time speed as well as power, but he's very tough in the tackle-to-tackle area. It seems like he can always find some space and get a few yards and squeeze through there or power through there."

but dave, those are 4 and 5 years old still. i know he respects him, but we will see what he thinks of 2015 freds chance to contribute.

I don't know. I could see it happening because BB likes RBs who play a complete game, and Fred was still a very good and productive receiver last year. Plus he's picked up vet RBs in the past - Dillon, Antowain Smith, Blount, etc. Kevin Faulk was 35 in his last season with the Pats, and he was good at the same sort of things Fred is good at.

Also, the RBs on the Pats roster aren't impressive: http://www.patriots.com/news/2015/07/02/roster-breakdown-running-back .

I don't know. I could see it happening because BB likes RBs who play a complete game, and Fred was still a very good and productive receiver last year. Plus he's picked up vet RBs in the past - Dillon, Antowain Smith, Blount, etc. Kevin Faulk was 35 in his last season with the Pats, and he was good at the same sort of things Fred is good at.

Also, the RBs on the Pats roster aren't impressive: http://www.patriots.com/news/2015/07/02/roster-breakdown-running-back .

oh, i agree its possible and listed them in possible destinations.... but think its worth underscoring that those quotes are not from the last year or two.

oh, i agree its possible and listed them in possible destinations.... but think its worth underscoring that those quotes are not from the last year or two.

Absolutely. I do think he still probably respects the all-purpose aspects of Fred's game though(receiving, blocking) ...

Carolina

Packers

Patriots

All could benefit from a veteran RB and all are contenders where he belongs.

The Seahawks could use him, too. Oddly as that sounds.

carolina

I truly would be happy to see this, as I have tentatively planned to go to the panthers opener week 2. I will borrow someones Jackson jersey and mail it back to them if I find out I am going.

Forgive me taking the 'get off my lawn' position, but listen...I know some of you think everyone is desperately waiting for your thoughts to get posted, but is it even remotely possible you can just take the extra minute you need to edit what you type, or at the very least stop trying to post from a phone using your nose as a stylus.

Thank you.

no, thank you!