EJ Will Start Pittsburgh Game

Cassel is our worst case scenario because it means that neither of the young QBs could develop enough to beat him out. Nothing against Cassel, we just want better. He isnt a bad emergency option, but we're better off if someone else earns the spot over him. All there is to it.

Plus...I don't think there is any question Cassel reminds some of Fitz and Orton... B-)

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I think happened was that EJ actually did play clearly worse than the other two in OTAs and at the beginning of camp, and the media guys for the most part all wrote him off as a lost cause because of his accuracy problems that went back to last year. But from the scrimmage to now, EJ has gained more confidence in the offense and it has shown in his play on the field in all three tests. Being more comfortable allows him to throw win more authority and accuracy. He still misses too many and the media guys harp on that. But the coaches and a lot of fans noticed it and saw the improvement.

The media guys refused to allow the improvement to enter their equation or narrative and they thought it wouldn't matter as much. But the coaches see things differently than fans or media guys see. And they liked what EJ did a lot, especially the mettle he showed in the Browns game. The media guys just wouldn't accept that as anything more than playing against the threes. But the coaches have a different perspective and reasons for doing what they do.

I think this is spot on.

Dude I've praised you twice already. Read on. This guy said that this news means EJ is now ahead. That is an insane point of view. He is in it, I agree with you. But he is not ahead.

I hear you. As I said it's difficult keeping up.

Remember --- people are trolling for reactions. So - grain of salt

Getting ready to call it quits at work. By the time I get home I'll have missed another 12 pages.

Cheers my friend.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

This was the plan from day one, i don't care what Rex may say differently.

Sink or swim time for EJ. Game three, the 'dress rehearsal' game. Smart move by Roman and Rex. Let's hope EJ goes out and blows the doors off Pitt and their first team D. granted it isn't the steel curtain, but it will do to see what EJ has improved on.

Mike Schopp is IRATE!! He can't believe the turn of events. Making all kind of excuses why this is happening

Isn't it funny, earlier this week they were, "it's the coaches doing this, it's the coaches that feel this way"

and now it's, "what the F*** are the coaches doing?!"

:lol:

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

Y'all can debate/spin this any way you like, but no QB on the roster has thrown the ball better in two preseason games than EJ Manuel.

The coaches know that, the players know that, and Rex is a smart man for giving EJ a fair shake by starting him this week.

AMEN BROTHER... EJ HATERS ALWAYS GONNA HATE....