Sal's 11 "good" Quarterbacks

GunnerBill

Sal Capaccio has just been on with Shoop and listed the "in his mind" 11 "good" quarterbacks in the NFL. The list was (in no order):

Brady

P. Manning

Brees

Rodgers

Rothlisberger

Rivers

Luck

Wilson

Romo

Ryan

Newton

Ryan and Romo were the ones he felt least confident on and the two he said just missed the list were Stafford and Flacco.

Ok TBDers - flame away.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

P. Manning

Brees

Rodgers

Rothlisberger

Flacco

Wilson

E. Manning

Brady

----

Ryan

Rivers

Luck

That's the list. Newton is off because he hasn't won in the playoffs and is too inconsistent. Romo is off but could replace Ryan or Rivers. Ryan, Luck and Rivers barely make it.

Edited by Boyst62

P. Manning
Brees
Rodgers
Rothlisberger
Flacco
Wilson
E. Manning
Brady
----
Ryan
Rivers
Luck
That's the list. Newton is off because he hasn't won in the playoffs and is too inconsistent. Romo is off but could replace Ryan or Rivers. Ryan, Luck and Rivers barely make it.

Newton just isn't that good in general

I agree with the list. I would probably add Flacco but he's inconsistent enough in the regular season to not make me wonder why anyone would leave him off.

If you gave Flacco the talent that Newton has had the benefit of, with 3 good RB's, 2 good WR's, and the most underrated TE in the league and one of the best 3, too. With a premier defense that has covered his mistakes he'd win.

If Flacco was in Dallas he'd make them a better team last year, or San Diego. Kansas City would have been a playoff team with him last year.

Newton just isn't that good in general

Romo isn't that good, either.

But, yes, I agree, Newton is just an above average QB in this league based on his arm strength alone. He's not good. His apologists blame his OL and he will never take that team to the promised land. He will win the South many years because the NFC South has no contingency plans to go forward with when Brees and Ryan retire.

If that's in order, Brady and Manning are too high right now - Manning in particular is clearly past his prime.

Newton is very overrated - look up his stats. He's athletic with a powerful arm and plenty of leadership attitude, but not all that accurate and it shows up in the numbers.

Top 3 QBs in the league _today_ are Rogers, Luck, Rothlisberger and I don't think it's that close after them.

If that's in order, Brady and Manning are too high right now - Manning in particular is clearly past his prime.

Newton is very overrated - look up his stats. He's athletic with a powerful arm and plenty of leadership attitude, but not all that accurate and it shows up in the numbers.

Top 3 QBs in the league _today_ are Rogers, Luck, Rothlisberger and I don't think it's that close after them.

The list was (in no order):

This list was meant to be vague as possible and to leave off some good QBs.

you can't realistically say that.

if you can then replace other QB's.

There are 11 good QB's in this league. If you want to create a debate you say that today there are only 2 top level elite QB's in this league:

Roethlisberger

Rodgers

Brady, Brees, P.Manning are no longer elite and capable of playing at the level they once enjoyed. Eli Manning is on the cusp, the only one being close. I want another year from Russel Wilson before I anoint him elite.