Sal's 11 "good" Quarterbacks

GunnerBill

Sal Capaccio has just been on with Shoop and listed the "in his mind" 11 "good" quarterbacks in the NFL. The list was (in no order):

Brady

P. Manning

Brees

Rodgers

Rothlisberger

Rivers

Luck

Wilson

Romo

Ryan

Newton

Ryan and Romo were the ones he felt least confident on and the two he said just missed the list were Stafford and Flacco.

Ok TBDers - flame away.

No flaming. Most of the list is close to inarguable. Where I would differ is I don't see how you can leave Eli Manning or Joe Flacco off, especially Joe Flacco, from a list of "good" QB.

In contrast, while he's inarguably good, Romo has yet to prove himself when it counts, post-season. Wilson has won everything, thanks to a marvelous defense and stout run game, and he's been pretty clutch - but if you watch him pass against elite D at times, it's like "seriously? Seriously?". Newton likewise - he blows hot and cold and has yet to really prove himself when the lights are bright in the post-season. So I think it's tough to argue they belong on a list while E. Manning and Flacco are left off.

I would put them all on, myself, and say there are about 14 good QB in the league and everyone else is trying to find someone better.

Edited by Hopeful

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My list as they currently are:

Elite:

Rogers

Brady

Great:

Brees

Luck

Rothlisberger

Rivers

Romo

Very good:

Flacco

Ryan

Wilson

P.Manning (as he will be this season, not career)

Foles

Average:

Stafford

E. Manning

Kaepernick

Newton

Dalton

Palmer

Tannehill

A. Smith

Bridgewater

Cutler

Sanchez (let's face it, Bradford might have 1 full game before he 's out)

Marginal starters:

McCown

Hoyer

Mariotta

Winston

Cassel/Taylor/Manuel

Bortles

Gino

RG ME

Edited by SJDK

P. Manning
Brees
Rodgers
Rothlisberger
Flacco
Wilson
E. Manning
Brady
----
Ryan
Rivers
Luck
That's the list. Newton is off because he hasn't won in the playoffs and is too inconsistent. Romo is off but could replace Ryan or Rivers. Ryan, Luck and Rivers barely make it.

Luck barely makes it? He'd be the first pick today if all teams were drafting teams from a pool of all players.

Luck barely makes it? He'd be the first pick today if all teams were drafting teams from a pool of all players.

it isn't a list in order

But he throws a lot of picks & has no playoff wins. There are many better

Sal Capaccio has just been on with Shoop and listed the "in his mind" 11 "good" quarterbacks in the NFL. The list was (in no order):

Brady***

P. Manning

Brees

Rodgers

Rothlisberger

Rivers

Luck

Wilson

Romo

Ryan

Newton

Ryan and Romo were the ones he felt least confident on and the two he said just missed the list were Stafford and Flacco.

Ok TBDers - flame away.

Fixed

Few years ago I would have said that. But his deteriorating performance from last year carrying thru to this preseason has me seriously doubting the guy

The last two years actually. He did pick up a bit backend of last season but if Eli doesn't play well this year and the Giants are not a play-off team I gotta believe that there is a fair chance the Coughlin - Manning era is over.