Sal's 11 "good" Quarterbacks

GunnerBill

Such as?

Flacco, Stafford, and Eli. Without a doubt.

I'm also putting Bridgewater on there because I know better. :D

you can't realistically say that.

if you can then replace other QB's.

There are 11 good QB's in this league. If you want to create a debate you say that today there are only 2 top level elite QB's in this league:

Roethlisberger

Rodgers

Brady, Brees, P.Manning are no longer elite and capable of playing at the level they once enjoyed. Eli Manning is on the cusp, the only one being close. I want another year from Russel Wilson before I anoint him elite.

I don't even know what the qualifiers are. Only 11 QBs in the league qualify as "good?"

"Good?"

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't even know what the qualifiers are. Only 11 QBs in the league qualify as "good?"

"Good?"

well, we're asking you to define this.

what is a good qb? define good how you want. give us your list of the top bestest elite qbs and then include them in a list of 11 of the total number of good qb's.

the ones you can't include are the ones who you feel are not good. the ones who would be better off not starting in the leauge.

"Good" question!

Romo, to me, is unquestionably good. Perhaps he has failed in clutch situations, but he holds the #2 all-time QBR. And I'd take Flacco over Newton.

Passer rating. I'm beginning to think the majority of you don't understand the difference. But you are correct, he is really good.

ROMO? Romo? Did you say Romo?

Lol

And we got a Bills fan "LOL'ing" at Romo. Of course.

"Good?"

I happen to agree with you. Sounds to me like there's a pretty clear cut 14 guys and he went out of his way to omit the three you mentioned to stir up some controversy. In what world is Eli not at least considered "good?" I'm going with 14 good QB's.

Here would be my definition of "good"

- can put the team on his back and win a game despite unfavorable conditions like playing a good team on the road, or overcoming a bad defensive performance from his own team

-clutch performances in close games

- rarely has a performance that is one of the main reasons for his team losing

-elevates the performance of the players around him, instead of depending on the players around him to elevate his performance

- wins in the playoffs

His explanation wasn't clear but it basically seemed to be guys you wouldn't be on the look-out to replace. So he named San Francisco, the Giants, the Bengals and the Dolphins as 4 times who "like who they have but....." Schoop added Kansas City to that list too.

Eli Manning may be the most disrespected QB in the history of the league.

100% Agreed!!

Eli and Rothlisberger only trail Brady in the only stat that matters. The number of rings you possess.

1) Brady

2) E.Manning

Rothlisberger

3) Rodgers

P.Manning

Brees

Flacco

Wilson

The rest?? Who cares

well, we're asking you to define this.

what is a good qb? define good how you want. give us your list of the top bestest elite qbs and then include them in a list of 11 of the total number of good qb's.

the ones you can't include are the ones who you feel are not good. the ones who would be better off not starting in the leauge.

A good QB is a leader and skilled practitioner on the field who consistently makes plays that propel his team toward success OR shows the potential to be in the opinion of the list maker (me).

My list:

Rodgers

Luck

Brady

Roethlisberger

P Manning_______ (elite somewhere around here)

Brees

Wilson

Stafford

Rivers

Flacco

E Manning

Ryan

Romo

Newton

Palmer

Bridgewater

Tannehill

A good QB is a leader and skilled practitioner on the field who consistently makes plays that propel his team toward success OR shows the potential to be in the opinion of the list maker (me).

My list:

Rodgers

Luck

Brady

Roethlisberger

P Manning_______ (elite somewhere around here)

Brees

Wilson

Stafford

Rivers

Flacco

E Manning

Ryan

Romo

Newton

Palmer

Bridgewater

Tannehill

I don't know what is going on with the end of that list...

Passer rating. I'm beginning to think the majority of you don't understand the difference. But you are correct, he is really good.

And we got a Bills fan "LOL'ing" at Romo. Of course.

I happen to agree with you. Sounds to me like there's a pretty clear cut 14 guys and he went out of his way to omit the three you mentioned to stir up some controversy. In what world is Eli not at least considered "good?" I'm going with 14 good QB's.

Lol, I do know the difference thanks, but yes, a most regrettable typo.

I actually wouldn't put Russell Wilson on that list. I know he makes big plays, but his team has been stacked year in and year out with a great defense, great running back, good Offensive line, and pretty respectable receivers (Who just added Jimmy Graham). I would also put Eli Manning on that list instead of Wilson. The rest of the list seems fair. Flacco and Stafford are right up there on the cusp.

If you gave Flacco the talent that Newton has had the benefit of, with 3 good RB's, 2 good WR's, and the most underrated TE in the league and one of the best 3, too. With a premier defense that has covered his mistakes he'd win.

If Flacco was in Dallas he'd make them a better team last year, or San Diego. Kansas City would have been a playoff team with him last year.

Romo isn't that good, either.

But, yes, I agree, Newton is just an above average QB in this league based on his arm strength alone. He's not good. His apologists blame his OL and he will never take that team to the promised land. He will win the South many years because the NFC South has no contingency plans to go forward with when Brees and Ryan retire.

Newton has 3 average RB's. And one good WR who is now hurt. And was a rookie last year. And a good TE.

And he's won in the playoffs.

Define "good."

you defined good at your own rate

and you put flacco, palmer and newton all at the same level... with the likes of tannehill, russel wilson and bridgewater.

you did not even include kaepernick or griffin. that's funny.

Elite:
Rodgers
Roethlisberger
------
Excellent:
Luck
Brady
------
Good:
P Manning
Brees
Rivers
Flacco
E Manning
Ryan
Above Average:
Newton
Romo
Palmer
Bridgewater
Tannehill

Wilson

Newton has 3 average RB's. And one good WR who is now hurt. And was a rookie last year. And a good TE.

And he's won in the playoffs.

when did he win in the playoffs? Oh, wait, nevermind, he beat a lame duck Arizona with a bad QB then got handled by Seattle.

I was talking last year. Whitaker was very effective - he didn't play much but averaged very well. Olsen had 1000 yards. Benjamin did, too. Crotchery was very effective at keeping the drive alive, when Newton looked his way.

Edited by Boyst62

you defined good at your own rate

and you put flacco, palmer and newton all at the same level... with the likes of tannehill, russel wilson and bridgewater.

you did not even include kaepernick or griffin. that's funny.

I only provided the "elite" designation per your request.

The original topic is just a list of "good" QBs. So, I guess you understand my issue now.

I honestly forgot Kaep. He goes on my list as well.