It's gotta be Roman who makes the QB call, right?

eball

This is not a thread to discuss whom you believe should be the Bills' starting QB, but whom you believe is or should be making the final decision.

I believe this should be Roman's call all the way.

Other thoughts?

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been wrestling this for awhile. I may change my mind but... If Roman wants Cassel a little more than Taylor and Rex wants Taylor, then the HC should probably make the call.

But if Rex likes Taylor and Roman feels like Cassel is significantly the better choice, then he needs to make that known, lobby hard, and Rex should trust him and play Cassel or EJ or whomever it is he feels strongly about.

If Rex is truly a player's coach then he will no doubt ask Sammy Watkins "off the record" who he thinks is the best QB and the one he wants as the starter. Sammy is a big star and I think that what he thinks will carry a lot of weight. The Bills want him happy and for him to have a huge breakout season. Sammy may not even know who he'd like best right now, but I'm sure that Rex will ask him.

Roman is the OC and it's Roman's system that they'll be running. I would think that Rex would rely on his judgement for determining who's the best candidate to be running his offense. If Roman were simply a puppet (which he's not), then I would certainly say Rex should make the call, but that's not the case here.

If Rex is truly a player's coach then he will no doubt ask Sammy Watkins "off the record" who he thinks is the best QB and the one he wants as the starter. Sammy is a big star and I think that what he thinks will carry a lot of weight. The Bills want him happy and for him to have a huge breakout season. Sammy may not even know who he'd like best right now, but I'm sure that Rex will ask him.

A WR like Sammy may not have the teams best interest in his choice. It doesn't have to be sinister but he may want the guy who throws downfield best but that guy may not make the best overall decisions.

I have been wrestling this for awhile. I may change my mind but... If Roman wants Cassel a little more than Taylor and Rex wants Taylor, then the HC should probably make the call.

But if Rex likes Taylor and Roman feels like Cassel is significantly the better choice, then he needs to make that known, lobby hard, and Rex should trust him and play Cassel or EJ or whomever it is he feels strongly about.

This. The final call should be made by HC, but he should yield to OC if the OC feels strongly about a guy.

naming a starting a QB is a big deal, and Rex should make the final call. But if Roman strongly pushes for a guy, Rex would be smart to trust Roman. But really, headcoach should be the one with final word

Rex is the HC, so he'll be taking responsibility for the decision. Roman's opinion should carry heavy weight, but the decision should ultimately be Rex's.

I think Roman should make the call after talking to his main receivers . It would be bad to have receivers sulking and quitting on routes if they are unhappy with the QB.

Haha...if the WRs are sulking and quitting on routes like little b!@#$3es, then they can sit on the bench.

A WR like Sammy may not have the teams best interest in his choice. It doesn't have to be sinister but he may want the guy who throws downfield best but that guy may not make the best overall decisions.

Rex has two guys he wants to keep happy, McCoy and Watkins. IMO, the guy who throws the best deep ball is the guy to go with because it opens up big holes for McCoy and Sammy will have 14 TDs. Sammy would be a genius with that kind of selfish thinking!

Rex has two guys he wants to keep happy, McCoy and Watkins. IMO, the guy who throws the best deep ball is the guy to go with because it opens up big holes for McCoy and Sammy will have 14 TDs. Sammy would be a genius with that kind of selfish thinking!

IMO, that's EJ...and he seems to be trailing the other 2 in this race.

I think TSW should make the call. As a rule we are general right when everything comes out in the wash.

Probably different with this regime, as Rex & co. appear to be pretty competent. In the past though, absolutely. If you disregard the very vocal minority, the majority of TSW has been correct.

Rex should really exercise some self awareness here. His track record for offensive performance has been well, offensive. In his tenure with the jets the QB situation was first on the list of reasons for under performance. Roman should have the rope to hang himself with. Rex should support the choice and only step in if something unravels.