8-22: Bills' Training Camp Practice - 10 AM to 12 PM

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really interested to see how the reps will be broken down this morning. One would think it's telling of the third preseason game totation

Yep, I think it will be Cassel first today. I predict they will both get a quarter with the starters Saturday. Cassel first quarter tyrod second

@mikerodak

Fred Jackson has returned to practice. Gets a big cheer as he walks out in helmet, pads.

Robert Woods and Marcus Easley have also returned to practice. Bills getting healthier.

Sammy Watkins also out here wearing a helmet, so there's another.

Alex Carrington and Jimmy Gaines are also returning to practice today. So that's 6 players back from injury today for Bills.

Freddy!

Glad to hear about all returning. Harvin update?

They're hoping to get Harvin back for the final preseason game.

@mikerodak

Not practicing today for Bills: FB Jerome Felton, RBs McCoy, Brown, Dixon, Ka Williams, WRs Hogan, Harvin, CB Cockrell

@buffalobills

Sammy is back in action. #BillsCamp

https://twitter.com/buffalobills/status/635092383638622208

@SalSports

First longer team session with full offense and Matt Cassel gets first rep.

@TyDunne

Another WR down. Rookie Andre Davis walks off the field, to the locker room. He's had a strong camp.

@mikerodak

Tyrod Taylor replaces Matt Cassel with first team after 3 reps of 11-on-11s. Same as last week.

@mikerodak

Bills' first team D working against scout team O, led by Matt Simms. Corbin Bryant in at DT in place of Dareus, who is watching from side.

Leodis McKelvin now wearing a walking cast instead of hard cast on his right ankle. Still on his scooter, but that's progress.

@MatthewFairburn

Matt Cassel taking most of the reps with the first team offense so far today. EJ Manuel hasn't taken any reps in team drills.

@SalSports

EJ Manuel also getting reps with the first team offense. He's the third QB in, but all have.

@mikerodak

EJ Manuel now getting reps with first team in 11-on-11 scout team period. So sequence is Cassel-Taylor-Cassel-Manuel

@JoeBuscaglia

Scout team portion is over. "Series" count with first-team offense: Cassel had 2, Taylor had 2, Manuel had 1. #Bills

@TyDunne

Marquise Goodwin is practicing without any problems. Looks quick. Hurt his ankle in Thursday's game and returned.

Why are we doing this to ourselves? No revelations will come from these practices. We are in the dog days of TC and we all just want news so badly that F5 has become our closest friend... I'm going to work.

‏@TyDunne

Marquise Goodwin is practicing without any problems. Looks quick. Hurt his ankle in Thursday's game and returned.

He's a highly-tuned machine, cautious whenever he gets dinged. He said he could have played most of the games last year when Maron kept him out. Against the Browns he just went and got his ankle taped and went right back in, and looked good.

I love what they are doing with the QB competition. I don't claim to understand it really, but it seems to be working!

@SalSports

EJ Manuel also getting reps with the first team offense. He's the third QB in, but all have.

@mikerodak

EJ Manuel now getting reps with first team in 11-on-11 scout team period. So sequence is Cassel-Taylor-Cassel-Manuel

@JoeBuscaglia

Scout team portion is over. "Series" count with first-team offense: Cassel had 2, Taylor had 2, Manuel had 1. #Bills

‏@TyDunne

I thought last week Ryan had said he doesn't expect EJ to see first team reps again. Am I missing something

I'm really liking that it sounds like all 3 QB's are stepping their game up. Someone will win by outplaying the others, not just be handed the job because they're the least terrible.

Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall

I'm really liking that it sounds like all 3 QB's are stepping their game up. Someone will win by outplaying the others, not just be handed the job because they're the least terrible.

Someone said it before, all 3 guys are making nice throws. What a difference good coaching can make. All three of these guys sound like they are effective. Certainly not a bad thing.

@JoeBuscaglia

Looks like this practice is going at about 75% speed. Very walk through-ish. #Bills

@MatthewFairburn

Mario Williams just took a rep against Tyson Chandler in 11-on-11. I'll give you all one guess as to how that went for young Mr. Chandler.

@SalSports

Chris Gragg has put together a really nice last 2 weeks. Solid again today. I wonder if Nick O'Leary could be odd-man out at TE. Tough calls

@JoeBuscaglia

Newly signed DL Red Bryant was in for a first team rep today in team drills. Lined up at LDE. #Bills

He's a highly-tuned machine, cautious whenever he gets dinged. He said he could have played most of the games last year when Maron kept him out. Against the Browns he just went and got his ankle taped and went right back in, and looked good.

I love what they are doing with the QB competition. I don't claim to understand it really, but it seems to be working!

I like hearing that Marquis is playing tough.

Gotta give up those "hop dreams" and become the football player that he has the talent to be.

They thought they were getting their Mike Wallace when they picked him.

Mike Wallace got paid.

Go get it Glass.

Gorilla Glass, that is. :thumbsup: