EJ deserves time on the field with first team offense.

gsurdam

To me, if the QB competition is real, then it's EJ's turn to start.

I think the usual bromides about what is supposed to happen in the third and fourth preseason games are out the window, given our situation.

Whether he lights it up or bombs, so be it, at least the air is clear for a decision to be made.

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only reason anyone says this is the crosser to Goodwin... Go find the clip and explain the route Goodwin is running. He makes a break back toward the LOS about halfway through his crossing pattern. That's wrong, hence I'm not so sure that play wasn't a result of a bad route just as much as throwing a wr into traffic.

Woods was pissed, visibly, when passes didn't seem to be where they should have but its amazing how one play explodes into serial manslaughter.

Some of EJ's throws were behind receivers. As they contorted to catch them they would get popped while in awkward positions.

To me, if the QB competition is real, then it's EJ's turn to start.

I think the usual bromides about what is supposed to happen in the third and fourth preseason games are out the window, given our situation.

Whether he lights it up or bombs, so be it, at least the air is clear for a decision to be made.

Good post. That's the song I'm singing too

I have noticed that often, on crossing patterns, EJ hits the receiver in the shoulder which results in dropped passes.

Receivers are paid millions of dollars to catch the ball. You're nitpicking

Edit: I see what you were referring to, and yes, it is much better for them to catch it in stride. However, they still need to catch the ball

Edited by AlwaysBilleve

Receivers are paid millions of dollars to catch the ball. You're nitpicking

Edit: I see what you were referring to, and yes, it is much better for them to catch it in stride. However, they still need to catch the ball

What are QB's paid millions of dollars to do?

It doesn't matter what the fans want. It's the coaches that are the ones making the decisions and if they need to see him in some preseason game with the 1st team they will give him a chance.

It just might be possible they haven't seen enough from him to want to see him with the 1st team. Armchair coaches/GMs feel the need that it's important that they get to see players in situations so they can make their judgements on the player

It doesn't matter what the fans want. It's the coaches that are the ones making the decisions and if they need to see him in some preseason game with the 1st team they will give him a chance.

It just might be possible they haven't seen enough from him to want to see him with the 1st team. Armchair coaches/GMs feel the need that it's important that they get to see players in situations so they can make their judgements on the player

I can't imagine anyone doing that on an internet football discussion forum.

Is anyone paying attention to the reports coming out of camp? Ryan says there's every possibility that they'll keep all three QBs. He also said they'd keep the best 53 regardless of position (that's a bit of a stretch, IMO), but considering that they are now seeing solid play out of all three I see this as a very real possibility. More development time for EJ.

So did Tannehill...

Who is now a solid QB (with a new contract, mind you). He looked just like EJ and possibly worse. The thing is that Tannehill was allowed to play through his growing pains.

It seems to me all the QBs are playing well (which is what we wanted)

but

MC will start the Pitt game, then TT and finally the second half for EJ

game 4

will be EJ's only start this preseason

also MC starts the season TT will be used each game depending on how well it goes for him. EJ will be 3rd string but could start if MC gets hurt and TT will still see his usual time

just a thought

Go Bills!