Most Surprising & Most Disappointing player this offseason

I thought this was a prediction thread for the upcoming season.

But we talkin bout practice...

I guess we gotta go Thompson for surprising, and Cockrell/Meeks for disappointing.

Cockrell is a good name as well. Starting to look like Mike Evans is going to get the last laugh

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's almost the definition of there haven't been many surprises when you are talking about a 5th and a 6th round draft choice both of whom are probably third string.

Yea it's true. There really hasn't been too many. Maybe Miller is a bigger surprise but Rex has been talking him up a lot since OTAs.

JMHO. based on what i read , i have to go along with o'leary as a disappointment, really thought he was your typical late round "steal". and go with henderson as the surprise. "surprise" based on the fact he was going into camp in the proverbial doghouse.. seems to have totally righted himself.

Surprising: John Miller

Disappointing: Chris Hogan

Miller has come in and looked like an NFL guard from day one.

Hogan was so reliable last season and has had way too many drops during training camp.

I'm in on Miller, and hope it's not Hogan.... but I can see the argument.

Surprise: John Miller 3rd round pick at RG. So far he has exceeded my expectations.

Disappointing: Darby looked good in camp, and then not so good in a pre season game.

Minor disappointment: explosive as the offense could be with all the superstars- McCoy- Watkins- Clay- Harvin.. I have yet to see that "could be" exciting offense. Hopefully we see it as the pre season games progress.

Surprise? This thread is posted after only one preseason game, when we basically still know very little. Let them play a little.

Disappointed? Kirby started the thread. He knows too much about football to get to revved up, or down, on any player, just yet.

Just playin' a bit, Kirby. But some guys need a game experience to shine and some really look good in workouts.

Surprise: Deonte Thompson, Andre Davis both thought as camp fodder, one might be pushing Hogan and Goodwin out of the roster.

Karlos Williams, wasn't startled by the steep competition, showed he belongs.

Disappointing; Cockrell not much improvement from one year to another and his latest injury doesn't help his cause.

Surprise: Miller - you don't expect 3rd round Guards to be inserted immediately and shine.

Disappointment: Harvin - I didn't want him on the team yet had hoped since they signed him he'd show his skills. Sitting on the sideline is one of the major knocks on the guy before this season.

Surprise? This thread is posted after only one preseason game, when we basically still know very little. Let them play a little.

Disappointed? Kirby started the thread. He knows too much about football to get to revved up, or down, on any player, just yet.

Just playin' a bit, Kirby. But some guys need a game experience to shine and some really look good in workouts.

Ha ha, I was just trying to spark a little conversation without talking about the QBs!! It made it about 1/2 a page.

Ha ha, I was just trying to spark a little conversation without talking about the QBs!! It made it about 1/2 a page.

I know. Just screwing around before kickoff.

Incognito was a surprise. Not that I thought he'd suck, but there was definitely a chance he would. O'Leary is the disappointment. Poor showing out of him.

Thats very understandable. I didn't think much about oleary because i wasnt high on him. He always seemed a blue collar guy who did nothing special.

Disappointment: O'Leary and Cockrell.

Surprise: Miller, even though the reports all along have been good. Karlos better than advertised.

It's funny but there haven't been a lot of either in my book. I somewhat expected this out of the QBs.

Cockrell and Miller for me too.

I thought Cockrell would make a big step up.

Miller has looked a lot more athletic than advertised.