EJ 4-8 with two drops and one scramble and bad throw

Jmsbills

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills had the right plan with him, but Kolb threw a wrench into it. He is a player that needed 2-3 years before he was the "starter".

Kolb was never going to start over EJ.

Possibly. And Taylor got 4 years to sit and learn while Cassel got 3 and then was handed the keys to a Ferrari.

EJ has had more than half of his career to sit and learn...

Edited by Mr. WEO

Was EJ the one one who had guys drop the ball?

I would also like to say that as much as I love watching Tyrod he won't last long playing like that and I need to see some more genuine passing from him.

Still, an interesting night from the QB's. I still think Cassell starts week 1.

Edited by TheFunPolice

I want ej out as much as the next irrational fan, but I have to be honest, I genuinely felt bad for him tonight. Like I took a step back and thought we really haven't helped this guy progress in a healthy way.

Unfortunately, Rex Ryan did not draft him and owes no allegiance.

EJ's night in a nut shell. Two miscues by the center- not EJ's fault - he was calling an audible went the ball was snapped into his chest in third down. But not sure he will be given much of a chance with the 1st unit. I would cut Cassel and go with Tryrod and EJ the rest of the way and let them battle it out. Tryrod will not last an entire season healthy - no running QB has ever lasted in the NFL. So EJ is a better option as a #2 than Cassel. Once defenses know Cassel is " Orton" we are not winning playoff games. So let the young and cheaper guys play. If Cassel is our starter we can not resign him and our defensive free agent and Cordy Glenn. There is no real upside with Cassel. Even Simms is more mobile and can run when in trouble.

So you say Taylor will not last an entire season healthy yet you want to only keep 2 QBs on the roster?

Cassel looked fine. Tyrod looked better. EJ did not look that good to me but hit some throws including a great deep ball TD.

No reason we shouldn't go into the season with all 3. I'm came away from this game more positive about all three of our qbs.

I agree. You can also see such a difference with having a very good OC vs the JV dude we had last.

Way I see it with EJ now is that if we get another performance like that out of him then at the very least he saves us cutting him because there will be a team out there, possibly even a contender, who doesn't like what they have at the backup position and is willing to fling a pick our way if the coaching staff decides to go with just Tyrod and Cassel. EJ definitely showed again tonight that the perceptions of him are often worse than the reality. I'd expect we'd find a team willing to send a 6th or a 7th our way. Gabbert attracted a 7th remember.... and EJ is a lot better than him.

Yah . Sweet like Losman . Let's see if he can get consistency on short and intermediate throws.

Wow, you're stealing lines from Mr. Weo ?

Didn't watch the game huh ? I would pay good money to see the "anti EJ groups" faces on that sweet td.

EJ looked great and that's a fact. Carry on though my wayward son

Edited by Ryan L Billz

If need be. Hopefully he or Taylor is the one.

If he is going to sit this year how could they possibly be confident enough in him next year to not draft a guy? He either has it or he doesn't but you can't wait 4 years to find out. If EJ isn't the guy this year he won't be next year.

All 3 guys were good vs. Carolina.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Yeah - biggest QB takeaway I had was that it's not clear Simms is worth a practice squad slot. They may well keep all three "starters".

Simms didn't get a decent chance, they didn't let him throw until fire wagon time at the end. He had a couple of good plays but was hurt by penalties. I'd like to see what he could do if he started the fourth quarter.

@MatthewWGR: Thing that will put your brakes on about the Bills' quarterbacks looking decent is looking at other box scores. Lots of 80% comp% out there

His 'bad throw' could have been better but the receiver did fall down. I saw more of a miscues between WR and QB than bad throw. Then again Jim Kelly said it was a bad throw, so must be???

It was a bad throw after an amazing escape, but it was the only EJ miscue I saw. But that is what being EJ has become. Good plays don't count. Only bad ones.

Wow, you're stealing lines from Mr. Weo ?

Didn't watch the game huh ? I would pay good money to see the "anti EJ groups" faces on that sweet td.

EJ looked great and that's a fact. Carry on though my wayward son

i watched the entire game. Simms looked more natural in his mop up stint compared to EJ. Unlike you, I'm not wowed by the one in ten play.

Speaking of Qb evaluations , How's your boy Cam looking. Is he headed to the Hall of fame yet.