Starbucks thread

Cool story, share.

Stupid story, share.

Cool drink, share.

Bad drink, share.

Anything coffee, share.

I'll start. I had the Lime Refresher this morning. Tastes ok, but has a medicine aftertaste. Would not buy again.

Also I never ever say stupid words like Venti or Grande.

I ALWAYS USE THE WORKS MEDIUM OR LARGE.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't use their size names either, i use medium and large....but i rarely go to starbucks, too expensive for me when i can get a cup of wawa or wegmans which to me is just as good at cheaper prices.

Cool story, share.

Stupid story, share.

Cool drink, share.

Bad drink, share.

Anything coffee, share.

I'll start. I had the Lime Refresher this morning. Tastes ok, but has a medicine aftertaste. Would not buy again.

Also I never ever say stupid words like Venti or Grande.

I ALWAYS USE THE WORKS MEDIUM OR LARGE.

I use medium or large too but they dont like it. When you say "ill have a large dark roast" they come back with "ok, so a venti dark roast, will that complete your order"

odds are its just a standard and the employee gets dinged on secret shops if thats not their reply. i bet they hate having to say that to someone that says medium.

I've only been there twice, both times were out of town. Both times my fiance had to order for me because I ordered "wrong", "Large coffee double double" is wrong apparently.

Wow.

I use medium or large too but they dont like it. When you say "ill have a large dark roast" they come back with "ok, so a venti dark roast, will that complete your order"

Every now and then they correct it. Most of the times they go with the flow or even repeat my order using medium or large.

They must not like you.

But dont take it personal.

At first I hated their coffee, thought it tasted bitter like an ashtray full of cigarette butts. Now I think it's the best and other coffees taste weak and watery by comparison.

Sort of liking their juice, tea, spritzer things for a refresher on hot days too

Edited by JTSP

Their menu is too complicated. I took a guy there the other day who isn't a regular. He only wanted a small iced tea. After the million questions, he ended up with a medium lemonade. It was kind of amazing how the options twisted him up so much.

I agree with the comment that their coffee is too bitter. When I go there, I get an americano-- their espresso is a bit smoother to handle.

My response to this situation was:

"I don't speak Italian. I want a medium. If you can't figure out how to give me a medium, I'll take my business elsewhere."

They suddenly were able to figure out which size was "medium." :flirt:

Love their Sumatra. Best coffee ever. It's rarely brewed in the stores, so I bought a conical burr grinder and get whole bean Sumatra from Walmart or eBay at a fraction of what they charge for a pound in the stores. Nothing like a freshly ground cup of Sumatra out on my balcony every morning.

Love their Sumatra. Best coffee ever. It's rarely brewed in the stores, so I bought a conical burr grinder and get whole bean Sumatra from Walmart or eBay at a fraction of what they charge for a pound in the stores. Nothing like a freshly ground cup of Sumatra out on my balcony every morning.

Speaking of Sumatra, have you ever tried this?

Kopi luwak (Indonesian pronunciation: [ˈkopi ˈlu.aʔ]), or civet coffee, refers to the coffee that includes part-digested coffee cherries eaten and defecated by the Asian palm civet.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kopi_Luwak

Starbucks? No way.

Support your local roasters.

For me nothing beats grabbing a Flat White at Raglan Roast and taking a stroll on Tahunanui Beach.

https://www.raglanroast.co.nz

Have you guys ever heard of a Flat White? They're the coffee drink of choice down here in new Zealand.

Edited by Bad Things

I brew my own at home. I buy cheap too. I only have one cup to wake up so why buy the good stuff when I'm half asleep. Also I get a month's worth of coffee for the price of a large caramel macchiato at Starbucks.

I agree with you there. I do the same. I'm a weak ass coffee drinker.

The responses in this this thread so damn predictable.

Me big, tough, old , white man, I no learn two words ! It not cool! I will show how cool I am by saying "large" Everybody hear me????..

These are all the same guys who love their hipster beer bartenders and Brewers and worry about what stemware various beer styles go in.

Get off my lawn now!

And Pooj , the guy who chastised others the other day for being afraid of saying they know 1D like it was some sign of male weakness. I am disappointed in you. LOL

Edited by plenzmd1