Bills training camp practice 8/11

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How else would you read that? He said that he wasn't an option for Week 1 because of his play.

Maybe he's not an option, but THE option ;)

NFL thinks Cassel is emerging by default and that him starting is a way to give Tyrod and EJ more game time in the 1st game to see if they give any reasons to keep them in the competition

Edited by BuffaloHokie13

I'm not even sure Joe B can throw a spiral, so why would I let this kid be my primary source for training camp updates.

I no longer care what our journalists say or report, I'm going to let the preseason games dictate everything for myself.

Maybe he's not an option, but THE option ;)

NFL thinks Cassel is emerging by default and that him starting is a way to give Tyrod and EJ more game time in the 1st game to see if they give any reasons to keep them in the competition

Sow we're really going to go back to 5 and 7 years ago and ignore his more recent suckage?

"You've got to cherry pick some of the productivity of Matt Cassel, but you can't overlook the 11-5 season in 2008, that 2010 season in Kansas City ... Just don't turn the ball over, Matt Cassel can do that."

But he hasn't!

Also may explain why he is getting all this time with the 3's against the D's 1.. If he can be serviceable in that position, he should excel with the 1's against others D.... :-D

Unless Gilmore is now a 3rd team CB, then the original statement was a lie. The first play of practice today was a pass from Cassel to Watkins that was called as a PI on Gilmore.

I have not heard Sal C say that at any time. Sal's been pretty clear in reporting the inconsistencies in EJ's practices but not once has Sal been heard to say that any one of the three is out of contention. I think Sal said that we are getting close to the time when the decision will be made.

I heard him say it too Wayne!

Matthew Fairburn @MatthewFairburn

LeSean McCoy catching up with LaDainian Tomlinson after practice for quite a while pic.twitter.com/3DBRsLTEwX

Interestingly enough both landed on a Rex coached team after leaving their established teams

I hope that holds. LT had a big resurgence after after a down year in SD.

which statement are you referring to?

That the 3rd team offense is going against the 1st team defense. That is not and never has been an accurate statement. That is the reason EJ is failing in practice.

Edited by VABills

Whaley used EJ as an excuse to pretty much further ignore the QB position for three offseasons (hell the redskins took cousins in the same draft the took RGIII, some years ago the cowboys took Steve Walsh in the same draft they took Troy Aikman).

This is Whaley's fault not EJ's but EJ is the target because Whaley is teflon.

Walsh stunk. Cousins stinks. No reason to take a guy just to take a guy. What QB would you have liked Whaley to get? Edited by purple haze

Haha. EJ has the best scrimmage and Taylor has the 2nd best. So of course Matt Cassel gets the most reps with the 1s. Has there been one time where Taylor and EJ got to split 1 reps? How is that a fair competition?

No one loves mediocrity like the Bills.

Biscuit

The bills are now in a situation where its new coaches and ownership......Rex, Roman, and Whaley brought in two veteran qbs

You knew this might happen. I for one do hope that if EJ is not int he bills future plans he does go on and have a successful career.....

There has to be SOMETHING that is just rubbing coaches the wrong way with EJ's play.....maybe they view him as a coach killer with his inconsistancy......he show flashes of 1st rounder....then he follows it up with head scratchers

I'm not even sure Joe B can throw a spiral, so why would I let this kid be my primary source for training camp updates.

I no longer care what our journalists say or report, I'm going to let the preseason games dictate everything for myself.

Can Bill Belichick throw a spiral? Football is not rocket science, ya know. The kid has a college degree and has devoted his career to the Buffalo Bills. If he sees EJ air mail one or Tony Steward whiff on a tackle, I think he is qualified to report it. This is just such a tired argument. I was friends with Adam Gase growing up. He never even played football. Now he is an NFL offensive coordinator.