Yahoo Power Rankings

Up to 15, impressive actually. However, failing to mention EJ in their comment is stupid.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/the-shutdown-corner-2015-pre-preseason-power-rankings-030442249.html

"15. Buffalo Bills

Tyrod Taylor winning the starting quarterback job would be a crazy story. He has completed one NFL pass since 2012. But it sure seems, from reports there, like he's had a much better camp than Matt Cassel."

Edited by DisplacedBillsFan

They love to look at the additions and fail to look at the losses it would seem

The additions aren't even that impressive outside of Suh. Cameron has more concussions than full seasons and Britt is a not-all-that-inspiring WR with one half of a good season (and not necessarily better than either Wallace or Hartline). But then, the pundits always seem to get the Fins wrong. It happened a couple years ago when they signed all those "great" players (you know, the ones they mostly released this year) and went 8-8, or in 2008 when they were supposed to be a doormat for the second year in a row, then made the playoffs at 11-5.

Edited by thurst44

The additions aren't even that impressive outside of Suh. Cameron has more concussions than full seasons and Britt is a not-all-that-inspiring WR with one half of a good season (and not necessarily better than either Wallace or Hartline). But then, the pundits always seem to get the Fins wrong. It happened a couple years ago when they signed all those "great" players (you know, the ones they mostly released this year) and went 8-8, or in 2008 when they were supposed to be a doormat for the second year in a row, then made the playoffs at 11-5.

The Bills additions are as impressive or more impressive than the Dolphins IMO. The Dolphins added Suh, the Bills McCoy. That is close. The Bills lost Kiko but he played as many snaps as me last year and the defense improved. Clay>Cameron, Harvin>Britt, Felton, Miller, Incognito & probably Darby and possibly Cassel or Taylor will all be starting opening day. The Bills added potentially 8 starters to a 9 win team (if my math is correct).

The phins have a nice qb who threw for a very solid 4k yards with 27 tds and 12 ints. They got greg jennings and with landry going into his 2nd year and that rookie from louisville the phins look good. They have a very good secondary that was #6 last year while their run d was awful in the mid 20's in the league...they added suh to clog that middle so that defense could be top notch.

Up to 15, impressive actually. However, failing to mention EJ in their comment is stupid.https://www.yahoo.com/sports/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/the-shutdown-corner-2015-pre-preseason-power-rankings-030442249.html

"15. Buffalo Bills

Tyrod Taylor winning the starting quarterback job would be a crazy story. He has completed one NFL pass since 2012. But it sure seems, from reports there, like he's had a much better camp than Matt Cassel."

That's because he's reading reports from the local media

The more I think about it, the more I feel the Dolphins are best positioned to replace the Patriots atop the AFC East.

You might be right. I am not trying to downplay anything that the Dolphins did this offseason. They are a good team and have the 2nd best QB in the division. They added some good players on both sides of the ball. Both the Bills and Dolphins should be competing for a playoff spot.

You might be right. I am not trying to downplay anything that the Dolphins did this offseason. They are a good team and have the 2nd best QB in the division. They added some good players on both sides of the ball. Both the Bills and Dolphins should be competing for a playoff spot.

For me the Dolphins are pretty close to being our equals defensively with the Suh acquisition (and didn't they draft a DT?). On the offensive side, we may have an advantage with running backs, but they do at the QB position, and we all know it's a passing league now. Even if Tanny only throws short passes, he's productive and better (so far) than our guys. Maybe if EJ or Tyrod light it up for us, then we have an advantage, but until then, I could easily see us being the 3rd best team in the division.... but hell, even the Jets got better over the offseason. The AFC Beast, indeed.

The more I think about it, the more I feel the Dolphins are best positioned to replace the Patriots atop the AFC East.

I agree - Last year they beat NE** when Tommy was playing and they Split with us... They are a good (solid) team and have the potential to go deep into the playoffs (but the same can be said for the Bills and of course NE**)

There are no easy wins in this division. The Jets are better on D which was damn good last year.

Bills have an advantage over the rest of the Division due to Brady* being suspended for our game and the Jets and Miami will have to face Tommy* twice.

It is a real possibility that the whole division goes 3-3 against each other.

One thing for sure - No one wants to play against our division this year.

They also added Greg Jennings, Kenny Stills and that first rounder at WR. With Landry entering his second year, they have undoubtedly upgraded their WR's.

The Bills additions are as impressive or more impressive than the Dolphins IMO. The Dolphins added Suh, the Bills McCoy. That is close. The Bills lost Kiko but he played as many snaps as me last year and the defense improved. Clay>Cameron, Harvin>Britt, Felton, Miller, Incognito & probably Darby and possibly Cassel or Taylor will all be starting opening day. The Bills added potentially 8 starters to a 9 win team (if my math is correct).

The opposition fans are so misinformed :doh: Type Kenny Britt into Google and see what team pops up. You meant Kenny Stills and if you think Harvin is better than him LOL.

The opposition fans are so misinformed :doh: Type Kenny Britt into Google and see what team pops up. You meant Kenny Stills and if you think Harvin is better than him LOL.

I live in New Orleans and have seen every Kenny Stills snap. He is gone because Brees HATED him. He didn't work hard and was into some bad stuff off the field. The irony is that I have probably seen at least 5x as much Kenny Stills as you have and he is not even in the same league as Harvin. I like Parker quite a bit and if you want to argue that he could be as big an addition as Harvin I will listen. If you think Stills is you have never seen him play.

The phins have a nice qb who threw for a very solid 4k yards with 27 tds and 12 ints. They got greg jennings and with landry going into his 2nd year and that rookie from louisville the phins look good. They have a very good secondary that was #6 last year while their run d was awful in the mid 20's in the league...they added suh to clog that middle so that defense could be top notch.

This. I don't know if you guys were paying attention to the Dolphins last year but the entire defense collapsed at the end of the year; they gave up 992 rushing yards and gave up an average of 32 points in their last 6 games. If the pass defense can stay consistent and the run D can catch up, it should be a top defense.

Very excited for Tannehill. He's been money the entire off season.

I live in New Orleans and have seen every Kenny Stills snap. He is gone because Brees HATED him. He didn't work hard and was into some bad stuff off the field. The irony is that I have probably seen at least 5x as much Kenny Stills as you have and he is not even in the same league as Harvin. I like Parker quite a bit and if you want to argue that he could be as big an addition as Harvin I will listen. If you think Stills is you have never seen him play.

Maybe the Harvin that was with Minnesota was better than Stills, but if we're talking about now then its Stills and I don't think anyone would say different. Its rumored that Brees hated him and I have watched Stills in a couple of Saints games.

Dolphins and Bills should be very close to one another. A lot of people seem to be overestimating the Dolphins... I would put both them and the Bills in the 12-15 range.

Agreed. Buffalo is very underrated and if you guys had a QB it would be an automatic 11 wins.

While I like the attention the Dolphins are getting, they have to prove it. I will say this is the first time that I've felt comfortable about majority of the team, the OL will hinder the team's potential though. Just horrible OL play. Hopefully we can get Branden Albert back for the season.

They also added Greg Jennings, Kenny Stills and that first rounder at WR. With Landry entering his second year, they have undoubtedly upgraded their WR's.

I'm not really sure they upgraded. Landry had a good first season and honestly, he's no different than Sammy Watkins. Both were rookies last year and should have better second seasons. Stills effectively replaces Mike Wallace as a deep threat. While Greg Jennings has the name, he's not the same guy at going on 32 years of age. Clay was a big part of the offense last year for Miami, so honestly I think he's the biggest loss for the fish. Tannehill had a good year last year though. It's hard not to say that the Dolphins have improved. Suh is a huge addition. Provided he doesn't stomp on anyone's face and get himself suspended, they no doubt improved their team. Lamar Miller is a nice young running back as well. 5.1 YPC with 1,000+ yards rushing last year. Now all that said, I look at what each team did last year compared to what they're projected to do this year. Miami was 8-8. Their over/under in Vegas for wins this season right now is at 9.0. While the Bills were 9-7, I think most would assume that if the Patriots needed that last game, we would have gone 8-8. Their over/under is 8.5. While that's respectable, I'm not sure I am buying that the Dolphins improved their team MORE than Buffalo did theirs.

This. I don't know if you guys were paying attention to the Dolphins last year but the entire defense collapsed at the end of the year; they gave up 992 rushing yards and gave up an average of 32 points in their last 6 games. If the pass defense can stay consistent and the run D can catch up, it should be a top defense.

Very excited for Tannehill. He's been money the entire off season.

Maybe the Harvin that was with Minnesota was better than Stills, but if we're talking about now then its Stills and I don't think anyone would say different. Its rumored that Brees hated him and I have watched Stills in a couple of Saints games.

The Kenny Stills that the Dolphins traded for is nowhere near the player that Harvin is. He is a deep threat that has a bad attitude and a Molly problem. Harvin has injury and attitude problems as well but more ability. All things being equal Harvin is a better player. Parker is the guy with the ability not Stills. Edited by Kirby Jackson

The Kenny Stills that the Dolphins traded for is nowhere near the player that Harvin is. He is a deep threat that has a bad attitude and a Molly problem. Harvin has injury and attitude problems as well but more ability. All things being equal he is the Harvin is a better player. Parker is the guy with the ability not Stills.

I think this is about as accurate of an observation that can be made. They're both around 50 YPG for the games they've played, with Harvin being slightly higher. That completely ignores the fact that Harvin is a very accomplished kick returner as well and also takes some carries as a runner. Certainly a more multi-dimensional threat.

Our defense is better, and we added the most offensive weapons this off season. Tammy is better, but what kills him is he holds onto the ball too long and why tend to have high sack days against him.

This is a great point. Going back and looking at the last 3 years collectively, only Blake Bortles has more yards lost to sacks than Tannehill. I wouldn't have guessed that that would be the case.

I mentioned Stills (ok, should have said he had one promising season, but is not a star by any means, nor is he decidedly better than either of the two WRs they let go), forgot Jennings admittedly, but maybe b/c he hasn't had an 1000 yard season since 2010. I'm not saying the Dophins didn't have a good offseason, just that: (1) their hype in the national press is exaggerated to the point of being ridiculous, (2) I don't see how it was considerably better than what the Bills did, if at all. The Bills traded a guy who didn't play last year for one of the top 3-5 RBs of the past few years, picked up a promising TE, and an explosive WR, and gave up a whole lot less (A potentially great LB, but one who didn't play last year, and a decent starting safety). And I don't agree that the Dolphins have "undoubtedly" upgraded their WRs -- maybe they have, but also Jennings could be washed up and Stills hasn't proven he's a star yet. I do agree that Jarvis Landry could have a breakout season, but on that note, Watkins is likely to have an even bigger breakout season (and let's not forget Woods), so by that logic, the Bills, with Harvin and losing zero WRs have even more "undoubtedly" upgraded their WRs.

Edited by thurst44