Bills Sign Nickell Robey to Contract Extension

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm guessing that it isn't a big contract if the numbers haven't been reported yet. Usually the agent wants it out there right away if it is and calls one of the NFL guys like Schefty with the info. But that makes sense based on who he is... It's a very prudent signing.

Thanks for the link!!

That was a good write up with insight i never knew. wow.

Nickell has been my favorite player since year one. Great player and smart to keep him.

Love to see these kids overcome adversity. I actually get inspired by some of our Bills.

Go 37 !!

I have serious man love for Robey. Definitely one of my favorite players. LOVE hearing this.

Yep

Beautiful!

yep

Fantastic.

One of my favorite Bills of all-time.

and yep

@mikerodak

Even with Nickell Robey re-signed, the Bills still have a formidable list of FAs next spring. Who can they re-sign? http://es.pn/1ThYS3H

Always has to find a way to piss in the cheerios. Looking at his list, Im not concerned with anyone past Incognito. So that makes 4. The 3 everyone has already been talking about, and Richie. Sounds like a good spot to be in.

Love me some Nickell. Singlehandedly destroyed Miami, all 5' 8" 165#'s of him. Whatta football player. Great move by the Beels to sign him now before we have to match an offer sheet.

# 4 # one of the toughest players. This vid just got me so pumped!

8-10: NICKELL ROBEY TALKS ABOUT HIS CONTRACT EXTENSION ON WGR (12:50)

Robey on contract: "I thought they were going to let me play this yr, but it came early.... when my agent came to me, I said 'let's do it'"
Robey: "That D-line, we know they're going to get pressure. There aren't going to be many double moves (from receivers) this year"
Robey says this year's defense will be the best of the past three years. "I feel like this defense will show improvement"
Robey: "We ask the receivers every day who the quarterback is going to be" "I feel like it's a tight race"

Comp picks are determined by round player drafted in; as UDFA Bills would get nothing.

im not trying to detour too far into this topic, but yea, thats true if you give him an "original round" level tender, or you could tender him higher and get a 2nd for about a 2m tender, or a 1st for less than 3m still.

@mikerodak

Nickel Robey's 2-year extension is worth $4.1M with $1.3M guaranteed. Incentives can bring deal to $5.1M.

That's a nice little contract for Robey.

I really like that the upcoming Gilmore extension (assuming it happens) means that we'll have the triumverate of Gilmore-Darby-Robey locked in for the next 3 years. I think the writing is on the wall for Leodis after this season, though I think an addition at safety may throw Graham back into the mix at CB after this year as well.