Patriots Fumble Rates since 2007 rule change

somnus00

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very interesting read….Now we all know why the Patriots so rarely fumble. This analysis should move up from blog level to the national sports shows as a point of discussion.

The onion is being peeled and the core is rotten.

I read this report earlier today...I never thought about the effect a deflated ball could have on fumbles...But this statistical analysis is really mind-blowing...Common sense would tell anyone there is virtually no way this is 100% coincidence...I'd be interested to see if this gets any serious coverage over the next week...I'd like to hear Belicheat and Brady answer some questions about this stuff... B-)

I read this report earlier today...I never thought about the effect a deflated ball could have on fumbles...But this statistical analysis is really mind-blowing...Common sense would tell anyone there is virtually no way this is 100% coincidence...I'd be interested to see if this gets any serious coverage over the next week...I'd like to hear Belicheat and Brady answer some questions about this stuff... B-)

We had someone in the big thread look at stats for guys that joined or left the pats and compared fumble rates with their other teams. It seemed, generally, in line. As if the pats over emphasize the skill in scouting and training

Perhaps also in ball manipulation too- but it seemed the gap was likely more than just the ball

Edited by NoSaint

We had someone in the big thread look at stats for guys that joined or left the pats and compared fumble rates with their other teams. It seemed, generally, in line. As if the pats over emphasize the skill in scouting and training

Perhaps also in ball manipulation too- but it seemed the gap was likely more than just the ball

I'm sure it's some of both...I don't doubt whatsoever that Belicheat is one hell of a good football coach...I also don't doubt that he seeks out any advantage he can get with incredible persistence even if it falls slightly outside of the rule books... B-)

Yeah that was me. I'll readily admit too that I was indeed looking for a smoking gun to prove that they were somehow cheating lol.

It turned out that outside of benjarvus green Ellis the rest of the players I looked at (woodhead, Sammy morris, and blount) all fall within a very close range on and off the pats*. I chose The players I did bc they were the rbs that played for other teams. Ridley, vereen, Kevin faulk, and Maroney were exclusively pats* players so there was no data to use.

The one thing I will say is that I did not look at any wr or other positions. due to the volume of touches rbs got I figured that would be the best sample size to pull data from.

Yeah that was me. I'll readily admit too that I was indeed looking for a smoking gun to prove that they were somehow cheating lol.

It turned out that outside of benjarvus green Ellis the rest of the players I looked at (woodhead, Sammy morris, and blount) all fall within a very close range on and off the pats*. I chose The players I did bc they were the rbs that played for other teams. Ridley, vereen, Kevin faulk, and Maroney were exclusively pats* players so there was no data to use.

The one thing I will say is that I did not look at any wr or other positions. due to the volume of touches rbs got I figured that would be the best sample size to pull data from.

i used welker as he has a lot of touches and he actually has fewer fumbles per touch in Denver too. Small samples and doesn't prove anything but I think interesting if looking at the numbers in the ops link Edited by NoSaint

It's easy enough to see that the Pats are cheating with this graph & analysis.

But look at the other end of the graph: What does this tell us about our Bills? Way too many fumbles!

I had to laugh when he said "look at the band of colors, the Pats are in a league of their own". Yeah, well, we're close too - in the opposite direction!

And we're near the bottom in plays run....

Echoing No Saint, this was discussed at some length in the big thread. It's not particularly trustworthy.

Wall Street Journal and Slate are both running this now...

http://www.wsj.com/articles/patriots-always-keep-a-tight-grip-on-the-ball-1422054846

http://www.slate.com/articles/sports/sports_nut/2015/01/ballghazi_the_new_england_patriots_lose_an_insanely_low_number_of_fumbles.html

Edited by Show Me The Baby